Since you didn't vote..you get this

Since very few voted for the favorite Rune scenario...you forced me to make a new one. This scenario was helped by people who actually visited the terrain or had input on the scenario itself. I thank you all in the briefing. I just sent this to Manx, with this note on the scenario:

This Rune Scenario is one of the biggest EVER. Do NOT attempt it if you

don't think your computer, or yourself, cannot handle 9000 plus points of

units.

This scenario is only marked semi-historical since i added a small rise to

protect the British starting positions, and if i added as many trees as there

really was, no computer in the world could handle it. The units are correct,

and yes, the British really had that mixture of model of tanks.

It re-creates the breakout of XXX Corp, specifically the Guards Armored

Division on 17 Sept 1944. Operation Market-Garden. It can be played as

either side, but is best played against someone as insane as you for playing it.

Enjoy...

Rune

Does it have AT guns? Yep. Do the British get plenty of Artillery spotters? Yep, Do the british have Air Support? Yep, I watched it hit wwb's own armor. hehehehe

Does it have Micheal Caine? You can rename one of the units.

Rune

This scenario is evil. It forced me to go on a 4 day long binge involving prostitutes and cocaine, just to recover from the drubbing which I recieved. That friendly fire incident really, really hurt.

WWB

Good day Master Rune,

I have enjoyed every one of your scenarios that I have played. I have all of your paks and now and again I will open them up and fondle them, then put them back in their folder for safe keeping. I would very much like to open up a pak and just play them through. But they are so good that I hate to waste them on me so.....I horde them and only use them for PBEM double blinds. I sensed your distress at seeing fewer public votes than your good work should have collected. Please do not feel bad. Your scenarios are like the family jewels, only to be shared at special moments and with special people. They are not common rocks to be tossed about haphazardly in some back alley. My regards to you sir. :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

Does it have AT guns? Yep. Do the British get plenty of Artillery spotters? Yep, Do the british have Air Support? Yep, I watched it hit wwb's own armor. hehehehe

Does it have Micheal Caine? You can rename one of the units.

Rune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that the battle you were testing with WWB the other day. You were saying how much fun it was to wipe him out.

;)

I'm with Randl, Rune. I have all your paks, but will only play them head to head against another human. Of the three I've played, I can state in my most eloquent kewldood speak: "RUNE ROCKS"!

WWB, after you're done drubbing my in our current bloodfest, how 'bout a go via one of Rune's digital crack codings? hehe...

Bigmac out!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Four Stringer:

So is this beast posted someplace? I'm a glutton for punishment (I played Crown of Thorns and maintained most of my sanity), and would love to play this sucker.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rune's first message said he sent it to Manx. Keeping an eye on the Combat Missions website might pay dividends.

http://www.combat-missions.net/

I will have to second that. The map is amazingly deadly, it makes you question why they even tried. But it is possible with the forces at hand, if you are willing to take the risks. Definitely a fun play for both sides.

And friendly fire hurts.

WWB

Are Rune's scenarios any good to play against the AI or do you need to play them against a human opponent? I don't seem to have much time to play much against a real human, so most of the time I play against the AI.It is a bit of a challenge to find good scenarios that work good as a one player scenario. Any good 1 player scenarios out there that anybody knows of will be much appreciated, Thanks. :cool:

Thanks for the reply Rune. I've got everything you've done to date, but assumed that since the majority of them have TCP/IP mentioned in the description that they were for 2 person play only.I think I'll try some of them now, as I've read a lot of people rave about how EVIL they really are! :D