New mod, but no pics because of controversial content.

Hi guys,

Tired of that Axis marker (the German cross, BMP 400), the one you see when an Axis units moves out of LOS?

I've made an all new one that replaces the cross with a black swastika on a white round field with a red border.

Anyone who wants to try this one out, let me know and I'll send it to you (tomorrow; I'm going to bed after posting this). If anyone dares to host it, please let me know as well.

Sorry, no piccies, because of the swastika, you see.

Juju

Originally posted by Juju:

Hi guys,

Tired of that Axis marker (the German cross, BMP 400), the one you see when an Axis units moves out of LOS?

I've made an all new one that replaces the cross with a black swastika on a white round field with a red border.

Anyone who wants to try this one out, let me know and I'll send it to you (tomorrow; I'm going to bed after posting this). If anyone dares to host it, please let me know as well.

Sorry, no piccies, because of the swastika, you see.

Juju

Originally posted by Wolfe:

The germanflags mod also has one. The marker is kinda difficult to see in the game, though (lots of transparent pink).

- Chris

Try the Angela Deth Windblown Flag mod right above that one, it has swastika flags in it as well and the flag graphics are much cooler to boot.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Yes please. Count me in - it will have a safe home on my harddisk wink.gif

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Originally posted by Maximus:

Yeah, isn't censorship wonderful? rolleyes.gif

Oh wait, wouldn't want to get Babra all upset.

Very nice, a pre-emptive flame. Christ, do you ever just take it easy?

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Very nice, a pre-emptive flame. Christ, do you ever just take it easy?

Jon - the flu must affect your otherwise sound reasoning (yeah right...)

Do not feed the Troll.

Maximus = Trollus Trollus Vulgaris

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 03-08-2001).]

Originally posted by Wolfe:

The germanflags mod also has one. The marker is kinda difficult to see in the game, though (lots of transparent pink).

- Chris

Hey, yeah, I completely forgot about that one. This new one is less difficult to see though.

One thing that might be useful is to distinguish the swastika from the Nazi Hakenkreuz. As Bates pointed out, the swastika is an ancient symbol, and was also used by the Finns until sometime after the war.

However, the swastikas I've seen, and certainly in the Finnish case, are pretty much straight and squared off. OTOH, I've never seen anyone other than the Nazis use the Hakenkreuz.

Could be wrong, of course.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

also IIRC the swastika (used by many difrent cultures) is traditionaly flat while the Ehrhardt Brigade sported the swastika both in its destroverse (clockwise) and sinistroverse (counterclockwise) forms, while the Nazi one, following Hitler's specific instructions, appeared only in the sinistroverse form.

------------------

Berlin calling, Berlin calling,

when Berlin calls it pays to listen.....

-----------------------------------------

http://ponyshow.com some screenshots

[This message has been edited by Dogface (edited 03-08-2001).]