The Zoom function

I have had this game for a bit more than a year. I just discovered the 'zoom' function. Not the changing of views, but the zooming in the current view. It's sort of embarassing to say it, but just in case there was anyone else out there, you press the square bracket keys ([ and ]) to zoom in and out. Cool, I wonder what else I haven't discovered smile.gif

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

The zoom function is the absolute COOLEST part of the game! My jaw dropped when I first dicovered it. I've just been doing screenshots of the game for a friend's website (more free advertising for BTS!) and you can get some AMAZINGLY realistic shots using your x2 lens 'virtual camera'. And it's one of those functions that nobody ever seems to mention.

Alt-B makes everyone bald. It is not a well documented feature. smile.gif

I have noticed that many mod authors make their screen shots with the camera zoomed in. On my computer it improves sharpenss and eliminates jaggies. The only problem I have is that on the highest zoom level the vehicle graphics sometimes get partially corrupted. It's hard to describe, but for example, while looking at a HT the near side bitmap breaks down and I can see inside the vehicle, or the bitmap becomes striped. I have a GeForce2 64, so I don't think it's a VRAM problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

I don't think the unladen flight speed is modelled accurately either - North American or European. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I want to know is -Was the laden flight speed modelled with one or two coconuts? If they used two, then I think it should be tweaked a bit, because right now they fly way too fast to be taken seriously. CM just won't be realistic until they do! ;)

I guess this is old news, but then so are zoom keys! <G> Use TAB and 1 to lock the view behind a tank unit. Then zoom in once "]" and play the turn. You get the TC eye view of the battlefield. One of my favourites. If the tank explodes half way through the turn I have to go and change!

OGSF

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Thats my biggest complaint about CM. The bird you hear is obviously a north amarican sparrow, but they don't exsist in Europe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it is an African Swallow :D