The Newbie Tournaments

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

(I thoght the Puma would have caused too much damage to the assaulting squads, and the victory would swing wildly in your favor.

Great game. Good job on suprising me with that left flank! :D :eek: <hr></blockquote>

D'OH! I'm not the only person playing here! Got a little excited! :D Not trying to spoil anything for anyone. Sorry. :(

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More results from the SuperNewbies:

Lord Dragon (German, 51) and Vader's Jester (French, 49) played to a draw in Mighty Mouse. This was not enough for Lord Dragon to oertake Vader's Jester lead from the first leg of Round 1.

So, Vader's Jester wins Round 1 with an overall score of 106-94 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Vader's Jester!

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

Ahhh! I can't wait until Saturday to play via TCP/IP my battle with Commander! We haven't still any contact and I'm very jealous reading your AAR's!

I expect to have my own AAR complete this sunday!

BTW, I'm 38. Too old to CM, too young to die? NO!

:D

Wow! This tournament is some serious fun, and a great way to learn. I am beginning to see why this game has achieved legendary status among wargamers. What an amazing game.

Splash and I are now in turn 7, and after a few light contacts, then some spotting and repositioning, our forces are beginning to engage in serious firefights, and the only certain outcome is that we will give each other a tough fight.

I can't reveal much more now, except that Splash is proving to be a fine opponent with a thoughtful and well coordinated style.

Again, a very hearty "Thank You" to Super Ted.

Over and out,

Pfc. Dunsel

(BTW, I was born in the year of Sputnik, so that makes me somewhat over 40)

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Pfc. Dunsel ]</p>

"...Hmmm, now that's odd..." translated last thoughts of German sharpshooter just prior to first contact with Polish forces.

Well, it took 8 turns, but we're ankle deep in blood. I've been reading the posts about the sudden brutality of stumbling upon 2-3 squads at close range, but didn't beleive it until last night...Playing against a terrific human opponant like Witko rules! tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Also,

Can I ask what the average age of the participants in these tournaments are? Just curious, I'm 31 and was wondering if most are around my age and/or younger?<hr></blockquote>

37 - old enough to appreciate the great advances to the medium since table-top Pong.

Okay, here is more information than you need:

Average age-32.58

Age Range-12 to 64

Countries/States Represented-

Australia

Canada

England

Finland

Germany

Netherlands

Norway

Scotland

Spain

Switzerland

United States-Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusets, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington.

That's all I have to say about that. smile.gif

"The Horror. The Horror...."

Much like Enron, the Poles and the Germans have decided to downsize their respective organizational structures. Needless squads and HQs have been removed from the TO&E. ("Either you fight or surf.") Zitadelle and Yankee Dog have also realized that fewer units allow for quicker transfer of files; simply because the player will have fewer orders to issue.

Also, for those fighting the next battle, you may want to refrain from posting any details on units and keep things somewhat generic. Thanks for the intell from others, I know that I will be facing Pumas.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zitadelle:

Also, for those fighting the next battle, you may want to refrain from posting any details on units and keep things somewhat generic. Thanks for the intell from others, I know that I will be facing Pumas.<hr></blockquote>

Hey! No fair! ST, I suggest we remedy this situation by replacing my Pumas with something similar, just so Zitadelle has to keep guessing. . . may I suggest Konigstigers?? I'd settle for Panther Gs. . . ;)

Nahh, let's give Yankee Dog some old surplus PzKW Is or, even better, Italian L3/33s.

Then again, considering the trouble our troops are facing in the dark forest- thanks to our wonderful orders, ST would be wise to not give Zitadelle nor Yankee Dog anything with an engine and a larger gun. Maybe something with training wheels and a squirt gun.

Nahh, let's give Yankee Dog some old surplus PzKW Is or, even better, Italian L3/33s.

Then again, considering the trouble our troops are facing in the dark forest- thanks to our wonderful orders, ST would be wise to not give Zitadelle nor Yankee Dog anything with an engine and a larger gun. Maybe something with training wheels and a squirt gun.<hr></blockquote>

ROFL!! Yeah, that's about what I feel qualified to command at this point. . . tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

How about Jeeps and Kubelwagons? It's demolition derby time! :D <hr></blockquote>

Woohoo! I'm up for it!! Can you actually do damage to anything with an unarmed jeep or Kubelwagen?? I know the crew has a couple of pistols, but I've never seen a vehicle crew fire a pistol from the vehicle. I'd love to see the orders plots if you were actually trying to make physical contact with another vehicle in the desparate hopes of damaging it. Is collision damage modelled in CMBO?? If not, it better be in CMBB - BTS, take notice!! tongue.gif

On top of the Jeeps and Kubelwagens, how about a bunch of big bore arty with green/conscript FOs, too? the CM version of roulette!! Just make a wild guess as to where they'll be in 2 minutes, and let the shells fly!! :D

...Also, for those fighting the next battle, you may want to refrain from posting any details on units and keep things somewhat generic. Thanks for the intell from others, I know that I will be facing Pumas...

<hr></blockquote>

Guys,

I would like to emphasize Zitadelle's point here. It's okay to post comments, but be careful about revealing too much information. It can make a big difference. Thanks.

Warsaw Rose reporting in on Dunsel vs. Splash fight-a-thon.

Top of the 9th

Screeeech!! Meester Dunsel - I have my translator nearby....

So I asked you if more were coming to the party we Poles are holding -- The last ones didn't stay very long -- and somebody ran away! Some people's manners!

We understand it's not much fun but we're roasting ammunition to keep us awake -- that is fun, no?

Did I say awake? Ohhh you must be veeery tired -- Sooo sleepy--- but its a come as you are party and I know you want to come - you MUST come. So we're waiting. Oh, but we had to move! We'll leave a note.

We're thinking about visiting your other platoon -- our sharpshooter dropped by but your CHQ was very unfriendly --- such people! And everyone else--- sooo quiet-- were they waiting for something? Send a flare next time and we'll be quicker.

Just to let you know that all's not Warsaw Rosy we are hurting very badly but we will wait just a little bit -- oh the fire is stoked for when your other platoon arrives -- watch for roasting ammo! -- it's crazy fun!

"Dear Ms. Sklowbmowski!

It is with regret I have to inform you that your son Mlechavi Sklowbmowski died today while valiantly fighting the Germans."

Hmmm, I hope I don't have to write too many of those! Dfgardner, I am going to revenge the late young Mr. Sklowbmowski. Your troops will pay! Now, if I only could find them..... smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hawk:

"Dear Ms. Sklowbmowski!

It is with regret I have to inform you that your son Mlechavi Sklowbmowski died today while valiantly fighting the Germans."

Hmmm, I hope I don't have to write too many of those! Dfgardner, I am going to revenge the late young Mr. Sklowbmowski. Your troops will pay! Now, if I only could find them..... smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Hawk,

When you find them, let me know.....I've been searching for them as well.

;)