The Newbie Tournaments

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Guys,

So, not only do I have no new information, but I also shot down both ideas. Damn, I'm good... tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

I had a boss one time who similarly excelled in that trait...I was working for the government at the time... tongue.gif

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just wanted to say kudos to SuperTed for coming up with a second map that is as challenging in totally opposite ways from the first (without giving away any intel to those still in the first phase)

What a mentor to this class of newbies! smile.gif

For some reason, that song "The Pied Piper" came to mind... :cool: <hr></blockquote>

I'm thinking more like the aliens that Tim Allen helps in Galaxy Quest..."yooou would not lieee to usssss..." :D

This seems a bit too quiet...<hr></blockquote>

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........Uhhhhhhhhhh...........blah, blah, blah, blah, ect...

Hurry up and finish round #1 SuperNewbies! I'm tired of passing the time against the AI! I need to give yous babies a good thrashing! :D;) :mad:

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>

VJ,

I'll play you tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

I'll bug ya tomorrow with an e-mail if you are serious about that game. I'm sleepy now *yawn* and gonna head off to nite-nite. Let me know if you want a QB or a pre-designed mission. My only stipulation is I don't want to play anything bigger than a 'medium' scrap. smile.gif

Sorry 'bout the fat. My wife complains about it too. Personally, I think a married man should sport a little bit of a gut! :D

VJ,

Tired?! It's not even midnight there yet! :eek:

I prefer a double-blind, tiny-medium scenario. Choose three that look good and let me know what your choices are before you do the set-up. I would hate to have already played the one you choose.

Also, if you'd like to be the attacker, be my guest.

Soccer cures fat! :D

Say Ted

Could you talk a bit about how the game scores exit points?

I've never really understood it.

I imagine it uses a 100 pt. base? but how does it divide.

At one point BMB I knew exactly how many units were on the board -- I tried to calculate but it was a very unsatisfactory mathematical model.

Not my strongest suit.

Are some players able to do this?

Reporting in on Pfc Dunsel vs. Splash slug fest at Turn 14.

We have disengaged! We have haven't we Pfc Dunsel?

You don't have your gander up and are now chasing my sorry butt are you?

On a broader horizon -- ATTENTION: Dave H and Dan Buttar - do you exist? Tap tap: Are you there?

Make some noise and both Pfc Dunsel and I will guide you out!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Splash:

Say Ted

Could you talk a bit about how the game scores exit points?

I've never really understood it.

I imagine it uses a 100 pt. base? but how does it divide...

<hr></blockquote>

Splash,

Here is a quick run-down of how scores are determined in an "Exit Zone" scenario. Keep in mind this is a rough sketch, but it should help. Just like a Quick Battle, each unit has a point value. The totals for the two sides in Blind Man's Bluff was different by one point, hence the approximately 50-50 score if there are no casualties. As units are eliminated or damaged, TWICE THEIR VALUE is deducted from the overall score. This represents the damage inflicted being added to your enemy's score and the deduction being taken from your score for not exiting the troops.

Remember, it is all based on the values of the individual units, not on the total number of casualties. For example, let's assume a Polish player lost both of his sharpshooters and his German opponent only lost one. On the casualty list, it is only one man. But, on the points list, it is 26 points for a crack sharpshooter (to put that in perspective, it is 27 points for a regular Polish airborne squad, which is ten men). With the doubling of the points, this can have a significant impact.

I hope that helps.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Ted, did you get my e-mail with the attachment?

Lord Dragon and I had probs with PBEM, but could never figure out if the prob was my server or his.<hr></blockquote>

VJ,

I got it. Today has been busy, so I probably won't get my set-up done until later tonight. Since you have two more hours available than I do, we should be able to exchange a couple files tonight.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Splash:

Hey Ted

You been peeking at my game! - 2 dead Pole sharpies indeed - you've thrown me into deep despondency!

PS I was the FAQ mentioned how to quote<hr></blockquote>

Splash,

It sounds like you need to kill some Germans. That should make you feel better. It always works for me. ;)

I'm a little unclear about the quote thing. If you are asking how to do it here on the forum, just hit the quotation marks at the top of the post you would like to quote.

I hope that helps.

Vader's Jester,

I'll play ya anytime you want! Just let me know, as to the pbem prob, i have been having server problems but it is supposed to be fixed in the next couple of days (finger's crossed). I have played a couple of people since we last met. Ask SuperTed, I sent him an AAR of my last battle and it was a total thrashing. I wouldn't mind doing like a 1000-1500 QB, but just make sure it's ok with you still being in the tournament and everything. Wouldn't want you to get knocked out on a technicality, and since you beat me, I'm cheering for ya!

:D