The Newbie Tournaments

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so far I've run into the Seven Dwarfs, a lost paintball party, and something from Jurasic Park (T-Rex, I think - it's big and it's making a lot of noise) but no Poles...This is a great map, big on suspense and it sounds like bloody when all hell breaks loose! Very addictive - and I hope I can squeeze more turns in tonight...BTW, nice job modeling the T-Rex, SuperTed! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

But, I understand a certain Mr. Dorosh might like to give it a whirl. ;) <hr></blockquote>

So what a about an idiot's tournament?

Only people who scored low on a previous tournament, a ladder or a campaign game can participate.

The scenarios are guaranteed to be inbalanced and mind-bending, like twenty conscript french flamethrowers defending against an attack by towed guns only.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toran29:

Well, so far I've run into the Seven Dwarfs, a lost paintball party, and something from Jurasic Park (T-Rex, I think - it's big and it's making a lot of noise) but no Poles...This is a great map, big on suspense and it sounds like bloody when all hell breaks loose! Very addictive - and I hope I can squeeze more turns in tonight...BTW, nice job modeling the T-Rex, SuperTed! :D <hr></blockquote>

T29,

It sounds like you found all the little surprises I put out there. Now, if you ever find any Poles, you'll be in business.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redwolf hates artillery:

So what a about an idiot's tournament?

Only people who scored low on a previous tournament, a ladder or a campaign game can participate.

The scenarios are guaranteed to be inbalanced and mind-bending, like twenty conscript french flamethrowers defending against an attack by towed guns only.<hr></blockquote>

RHA,

I think it would be safe to combine the two. ;)

Thanx Ted for your e-mail.

We're the shy retiring type of players it seems.

Inexplicable both sides are on the same radio frequency so we agreed that he swing left and I would swing right. Working like a charm but we forgot to specify whose side to take it from.

We're in the bottom of the 2nd.

Good thing I'm the calm collected type.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Ligur,

From what I've heard, the action you're trying to find may just be too much for your boys. ;) <hr></blockquote>

I'm not one to deny this, and would be happy to avoid contact all together, but that would only force me to take a really fast PBEM / TCP/IP with the scary Vadr. I like to avoid firefights, they cause deaths and machine breakdowns. I'll just rather... Hide.

Say Ted, you're super!

Newbie question

I've trying to work out how the film works and I've realised that I may be experiencing the "catch"

We are now in the 2nd turn so when Dunsel returns the game and I run the film for the first time that will be the result.

i.e. if I made a copy of the game upon receipt and ran both films would they be different?

I'm confused

This is not to achieve the best results but rather ensuring I have something to study. (he said deviously)

Ted,

Hawk and I have just made contact. One of his Polish snipers took a potshot at one of my platoon HQ elements. That got my paratroopers mad and they made short work of him. ;)

Rumor has it there are a lot more of them (ie Poles). :D

PS We're playing back and forth across the Atlantic so command and control is slow, but steady. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Splash:

Say Ted, you're super!

Newbie question

I've trying to work out how the film works and I've realised that I may be experiencing the "catch"

We are now in the 2nd turn so when Dunsel returns the game and I run the film for the first time that will be the result.

i.e. if I made a copy of the game upon receipt and ran both films would they be different?

I'm confused

This is not to achieve the best results but rather ensuring I have something to study. (he said deviously)<hr></blockquote>

Splash,

After Player #2 (i.e. the second player to plot orders for the turn) finishes the Orders Phase, the computer calculates all the numbers for the upcoming Action Phase. That is happening as the blue meter runs horizontally after Player #2 hits "Go!" Then, the file is sent to Player #1. All the calculations are done, so Player #1 will not be able to change anything.

Does that answer your question?

Silvio,

If your fight is anything like mine and Lord Dragon's, don't expect to exit with too many troops. Those SMGs at close range can be murder!

I exited one of my three platoons at reduced strength! He anniliated my Company HQ, and almost all of the other two platoons!

I lit Ted's map on fire with grenaids. He chewed me out for it.

It was a slaughter. :eek:

I second that!

I think we both ended up running for our lives with only a scrap of our original force. Shouldn't say running for our lives, more like limping and gasping!

Indeed, it was a total slaughter.

By the way Vader's Jester, you got my Company HQ too. They stumbled into one of your squads and weren't received very nicely! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

My battle vs. Flammenwerfer is in the bottom of the 3rd turn. My FJ's have just begun the first firefights vs. his untermenschen airborne troops. Mmmmmmm, SMGs at 2 meters, mmmmmmm.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]<hr></blockquote>

SM,

Can you say carnage? I knew you could. ;)

Me and Vadr also made contact. This contact is very fast.

Yes, machinepistols from 3 meters. Poor me had a group of Jaegers too close to each other while running at waypoint "ZAHN" and Vadr got a full squad of Polish paras to just bullet spam the milling, twisting and screaming bunch of uniformed bodies and exploding limbs from close range. Bloody mist and bits of meat and bone clung to the trees after only a few seconds. Then he threw a few grenades on the mound of twitching, bleeding flesh. Awww.

Hauptmann Boedeker sez: "Himmel! Donnervetter! These Polish untermench, they are mine!"

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Ligur ]</p>