Call for participants: Nordic Championships

Just get your people off the map any way possible. If you surrender, all your guys on the map are captured by him, thus giving him big points. If running is suicide for some troops then have those unfortunate souls stand and fight. Slow moving MGs often find themselves in this position. They can hold off the enemy while the rest of your people withdraw. It's better to be killed than captured when it comes to points. Don't be taken alive!! It's a helluva war, eh?

Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No minus points for exiting, but each exiting unit causes a drop in global morale. At some point the remaining units autosurrender. It's best to first withdraw to map edge and then withdraw everyone at the same time.

Of course, it's even better to not withdraw offmap, but instead to a safe edge. Assuming of course that the edge remains safe.

But then, as withdraw ends game it's probably less boring than hiding for 10 turns...

It won't get completely lost. I have it in my favorites folder. I can always dig it out. The Mad One will have us start another thread soon.

I have several game results in now. As soon as I get the time I will record them and forward them to Nabla, Wild Bill, and WineCape. There may be some AARs attached, but I haven't looked yet. I'll get to this within 48 hours. This past weekend has been a busy tourney weekend so I got a bit behind.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I have several game results in now. As soon as I get the time I will record them and forward them to Nabla, Wild Bill, and WineCape. <hr></blockquote>

Now that will be interesting :D I've already received some DARs (During Action Reports) from a few players (thank you smile.gif ), and in those I've seen both desperation and joy. Just like it should be...

Hope you guys are all having fun.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ghost Dog:

Vskalex, I´m on the case. Playing two games at

the moment, but will get to you when either of the two ends. Hang in there, you will lose soon enough. ;)

GD<hr></blockquote>

Only two :eek:

Hell, I'm getting my butt kicked in four, plus I am involved in two other non-tourney PBEM's. Losing them as well, I suspect this playing vs Humans is slightly harder than beating the AI, or have I misunderstood something tongue.gif

{Edit due to dyslexia *mumble, grumble*}

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: vskalex ]</p>

Hey Treeburst, don't spoil my excuses. When I have lost all games, I can proceed to whining about too many games whereas the winners can go forth to wining smile.gif

A little update on all games as well:

BLEEP killed BLEEP on BLEEP while BLEEP so BLEEP had to BLEEP. :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Time to bump this for the weekend. All is going well I assume?

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

Overall kill to loss ratio is acceptable (or better) smile.gif

BTW: any penalties for feet dragging ? The limit is 90 days and a disproportionate amount of games (mine at least) seems to be advancing at 1 turn a week at present time.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: tero ]</p>

Tero,

I've noticed that some people prefer to concentrate on a small number of games at one time. When they finish one they start another, always maintaining a few games in progress. Hopefully this is the case with your slower opponents. If so, they will still finish on time.

Not much can be done about those who don't make the deadline, except beg them to hurry up. I could penalize their scores, but there are two players involved in each case. I have to determine who is the cause of the slow play. Chances are I will have to extend the deadline for a few. I've yet to hold a tourney where I didn't have to do that. :( There's still 8-9 weeks to go. Your opponents may very well pick up the pace as the deadlines approaches.

Treeburst155 ot.

Heibis reporting:

I have now finished three games, only one is currently in progress. It bothers me that the last game is yet to start. I urge you, cowardly swede, to send your setup ASAP!

Anyway, I would really like to have a look at the map and units a few weeks myself before starting the game. Or could it be that my opponent is scared?

Jens