Call for participants: Nordic Championships

Rats! I had hoped for an easy victory (my only?)... ;)

Von Heinrich and I did start our game. I have viewed the first movie, and if I am not totally off, I have sent my second plot to him. The best solution is probably if I resend my latest file to the new victim... ooops, of course I mean competitor! :D

By the by, just as a reminder for me and others:

- When a game is finished the loser sends the result to Treeburst155 and Nabla, with copy to the winner?

- Winner and loser then each sends their AAR separately to Treeburst155 and Nabla.

And after all the smoke has cleared I agree with Charl how to handle the shipment of wine-bottles to me?

Right? smile.gif

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vskalex:

Has anyone in section 1 heard from GhostDog? sent him a setup, about ten days ago and still no answer. The rest of the games are under way, so GhostDog - Haaaaaalllllloooooooo tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

I haven't contacted him yet but hey Ghost Dog: I am ready to start if You are, just send me the first file!

ARI MÄENPÄÄ (=Manpie) seems to be somehow mentally challenged since he haven´t sent his setup. He has been working on it about 2 weeks now and I imagine he have managed to type his password by now, opening the map. I´ll get back on him after he have managed to do his setup (early January, If all goes well).

Message to all other in my section: Have patience with Ari. He means no harm, he is just slower than some of us - well, slower than all of us to be accurate ;)

Juha

Thanks, Cogust!!

OK, I have an idea here. All you guys in Section 3 contact Cogust and let him know how far your game with Von Heinrich has progressed. Cogust can then decide whether he would prefer to start over completely or continue with the last file you sent to Von Heinrich. This will allow Cogust to start fresh if a game has not progressed very far. You are still on your honor to inform Cogust of the true status of your game with Von Heinrich so he can make a wise decision concerning a restart. Does this sound like a workable plan?

I will get together all the .cmb files and briefings Cogust needs to get oriented.

Cogust email: connyf94@acc.umu.se

EDIT: Stefan wrote: "When a game is finished the loser sends the result to Treeburst155 and Nabla, with copy to the winner?

- Winner and loser then each sends their AAR separately to Treeburst155 and Nabla."

This is perfect! Keeping AARs separate from final score emails is very helpful to me. Also, don't forget to mention both forum nicknames in final score reports.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

OK, I have an idea here. All you guys in Section 3 contact Cogust and let him know how far your game with Von Heinrich has progressed. Cogust can then decide whether he would prefer to start over completely or continue with the last file you sent to Von Heinrich. This will allow Cogust to start fresh if a game has not progressed very far. <hr></blockquote>

Yes, an excellent idea. Problem solved. smile.gif

Hi

As I said, I am sorry not to be able to kick the other players butt. Especially Stafans. I think though, that my replacement will be satisfied with the deployment of the troops.

Next year, CM2, I will crush you schoolboys under my T34:s ;)

And now, I will have to leave the war for this time and return to the #%¤&%¤ work.

Henrik

Juha Ahoniemi (=Pretty-Jussi :D ),

I'm saving the easiest opponent (=you) to be the last, and besides I have promised absolutely no starting date for our match. In fact I haven't spent even half a second setting up my forces for our game yet. So just calm down your anxious young mind and wait for your turn. It'll come.

On the other hand you could spent your spare time and excessive energy trying to wake up Ghostdog. Haven't heard him since 12th.

Vskalex,

Did you got the first film file? I sent it over a week ago. Can't take this long to watch it through, can it? smile.gif Or are you saving me to be the last piece of cake in the tourney? ;)

Ari

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ari Maenpaa:

Vskalex,

Did you got the first film file? I sent it over a week ago. Can't take this long to watch it through, can it? smile.gif Or are you saving me to be the last piece of cake in the tourney? ;)

Ari<hr></blockquote>

Sorry mate, pure mistake from my side. i'll fix it after work, so expect a file tonite in your mail. Piece of cake, indeed :rolleyes:

I have received four of the game files already and decided to go with three of them, I have no idea what the plan is but I think I can come up with my own plan soon enough.

The fourth game was right in the beginning with 1st turn orders due and the setup had some things that i wanted to correct and my opponent didn't have anything to object so we solved it ourselves. smile.gif

It's good to be on and I have already killed stuff! tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Jarmo had a good idea here <hr></blockquote>

Impossible. Must be a case of mistaken identity..

Anyway, my games with Tuomas and Sesam are well underway, but the others seem to have stalled.

Patrick and I have a really strange problem. He can't receive my email attachments at all. They just dont arrive. Emails themselves go through without a hitch. I'm baffled, can't think of anything to do.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Patrick and I have a really strange problem. He can't receive my email attachments at all. They just dont arrive. Emails themselves go through without a hitch. I'm baffled, can't think of anything to do.<hr></blockquote>

All sorted out you should have your file, I had my file all the time Outlook just didn't show the attachment icon on your mails. Never happened before, but there must be a first time for every thing...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Look I'm a member it only took one and half year

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Patrik ]</p>

More major computer problems here! Apparently my hard drive troubles were only the beginning, and maybe the result of, a failing motherboard. My machine is totally whacked, and crashes every twenty minutes. I've tried everything. Soooo,

I'll be offline for few days replacing motherboards, hard drives, sound cards, whatever it takes.

I'll meet up with yall later this week.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

[QI]...

Remember, there are ugly surprises and you may be filled with anger and remorse before it is over.

Thanks, Treeburst and Nabla! Good job!...WB[/QI]<hr></blockquote>

"When it is over"??? I would say I have quite a bit of anger and remorse even this early in the tour. tongue.gif But I am still having a great time! And the scenarios are very well done.

Ditto. Good job!

If you have any questions about the scenarios please email them directly to the scenario maker, that is, either Wild Bill Wilder or me. This way we can avoid information leaks on the board. You can find our email addresses in our profiles.

Basically we're not going to tell you anything outside the scope of the CM manual. This is because everyone should have the same information at the same time in each scenario. Since the games are already on, this implies that we can not tell you anything scenario-specific.

[Edited because this is a delicate issue.]

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Nabla ]</p>

The Honorable Way ?

I just wondered - if I surrender a game; that will upset the balance of the scores, right ?

I am in a situation - no, make that *two* situations smile.gif where I would in other circumstances (and in real life)surrender or at least withdraw. Since I can't withdraw, should I just slug on ? There's still some 12 turns left, and I'm getting very bored indeed...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph Porta:

I just wondered - if I surrender a game; that will upset the balance of the scores, right ?

I am in a situation - no, make that *two* situations smile.gif where I would in other circumstances (and in real life) surrender or at least withdraw. Since I can't withdraw, should I just slug on ? There's still some 12 turns left, and I'm getting very bored indeed...<hr></blockquote>

Just try to get the best possible CM score, whatever it takes. Remember that the scenarios are unbalanced, so others playing for the same side might be doing pretty badly as well.

I'm back online with a stable machine!! Thank you, Nabla, for taking care of things here.

Nabla has it right. You need the best possible CM score you can achieve. Surrender is very bad for your score. Withdraw as many forces as possible if your situation is dire. If you withdraw enough of them the game will auto-surrender for you. Make a game out of the withdrawal process. I rather enjoy it, and it can be difficult.

Treeburst155 out.