Call for participants: Nordic Championships

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have any un-started games in which you are the Germans you should seriously consider getting your setup done, so your opponent can get started. With nine weeks to go it's getting to the point where multiple exchanges per day will be necessary to meet the deadline.

Treeburst155 out.

I just need to vent...

You know I was playing aginst anonymous. I thought everything was going well I blew up his xxxxx building, got a lucky shot on his BLEEEEEEP and took care of his zzzzzzz flank. Now you say: "Everything is going well, what is he complaining about." Well after that I glanced how my BLEEP was doing. It was dead! Quick reverse to see what happened. Yes... Nice... Hey! where did that come from? I saw ?????? coming as fast as it could around the BLEEEP. No BLEEEP from the BLEEP and his BLEEP BLEEPed my BLEEP! As if that wasn't enough my BLEEP turned to BLEEP his BLEEP. A BLEEEP, nothing. Another BLEEEP, again and again! Aaaargh the BLEEP!

-TNT-

Nabla and I have tweaked the scoring system a bit. The general idea is still the same, but the point values I am assigning to AARs may have to be changed (currently 1/4 to 1/2 tourney point). What I will do is assign AARs a value at the end based on the average final tourney score of all 24 players.

I think 3% for good AARs is about right. If you write 5 AARs your score will be increased by a number equal to 15% of the average tourney score(before AARs). Brief AARs will only score 1.5% of the tourney average per AAR. Basing AAR value on a percentage of the average score is much better than my trying to guesstimate what that average score will be and setting an appropriate fixed value to the AARs.

ALSO.....don't forget this:

An exploitable flaw in the scoring system was brought to my attention by JPS (not participating). Here's the new twist to fix the problem:

For games that do not add up to 100 points the difference will be split between the players. For example: A final score of 60-30 will be recorded as 65-35. If you can figure out why I am doing this then you have a devious and gamey mind. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Quick update:

Ari, meet mr Drill. That's right, he's da man. Ari's -bleep- didn't get along very well with mr Drill. His -bleep- got drilled :D

Things are heating up with Vskalex. we are changing tired remarks via email with our files.

GHOST DOG haven't even answered to my mail. Hey man, how about that setup. I'd like to see the map too, You know. When we start I hope You can do multiple turns per day. Or else we will be late.

Juha

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

Quick update:

[sNIP]

Things are heating up with Vskalex. we are changing tired remarks via email with our files.

GHOST DOG haven't even answered to my mail. Hey man, how about that setup. I'd like to see the map too, You know. When we start I hope You can do multiple turns per day. Or else we will be late.

Juha<hr></blockquote>

Well, heating up for you, you mean ;)

Looks like you need some more *BLEEP* to even *BLEEP* my *BLEEP*, and that is before I *BLEEP* you seriously :D

Same comment as Juhas applies to GhostDog, I only have time for 1-2 turn/day so it might be hard to find the time to finish before deadline.

{Edit due to smilies multiplying}

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: vskalex ]</p>

Juha, I understand that you lack something we other (normal?) people call "Real Lifeâ„¢". If you check your mail tonight, you'll probably find another reason to enhance your CM abilities. :D

Same goes for the other losers in my section that I owe turns ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vskalex:

Juha, I understand that you lack something we other (normal?) people call "Real Lifeâ„¢". If you check your mail tonight, you'll probably find another reason to enhance your CM abilities. :D

Same goes for the other losers in my section that I owe turns ;) <hr></blockquote>

Real what?!? That thingie is way over advertised. Check Your priorities and stop cloaking Your cowardliness with "real life". I think it is Your mom who does Your turns, so tell her (or him? You never know with Swedes ;) ) that I may be off line for some time because of some kind of holiday season called "Christmas" and take that chance to booze with old friends of mine back in home (no, not the imaginary ones. Those bastards can't handle their alcohol and there's always trouble)

There is still time before that of course, but just to let her know. :D

Juha

-edited to make this easier for a Swede to understand-

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Juha Ahoniemi ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

Real what?!? That thingie is way over advertised. Check Your priorities and stop cloaking Your cowardliness with "real life". I think it is Your mom who does Your turns, so tell her (or him? You never know with Swedes ;) ) that I may be off line for some time because of some kind of holiday season called "Christmas" and take that chance to booze with old friends of mine back in home (no, not the imaginary ones. Those bastards can't handle their alcohol and there's always trouble)

There is still time before that of course, but just to let her know. :D

Juha

-edited to make this easier for a Swede to understand-

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Juha Ahoniemi ]<hr></blockquote>

Well, I see that asylums in Finland must be quite lax, releasing inmates over the Holidays and all. I sincerly wish it was my mother doing the turns, then you would have lost to someone who doesn't now squat about computers. Now, you will at least have some excuses when your pixeld "men" go to re-education camps in the beloved US of A. Oh, and are you sure that it is "friends" or is it just people you are stalking tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Dragoon, are you ready for a fight soon?

You did get the opening file I sent weeks ago? :eek: <hr></blockquote>

I am playing against him at the moment, but he went for a trip to Poland for some odd and obscure reason. He'll be back sooner or later.

In the meantime you can train on the Finnish tactic that you used in your game against me. What was it called? 'Get annihilated and surrender'? Anyway, I am using it against Dragoon, and I am getting painful results now. And he seems to appreciate it ;)

M

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: DrAlimantado ]</p>

I need to put this up here, since 60% of my opponents have not been heard from in quite a while. And I do not even get replies on the emails I send them.

The last I heard from the guys, except Tero who is playing with me, is the following:

21/11 (this guy had a computer crash though), 3/12, 4/12 and 11/12 (not too far, but still).

What I mean is, if you can not send turns. And if you can not send emails. PLEASE, let us know via this forum. I have not yet heard of one Nordic who has had no access to a computer whatsoever.

And while I am at it. I think the notion of "I can only run 2 games at a time" is pretty lame, is it not?

When we entered this tournament, we knew very well that we would play 5 guys in the pool-play.

Sorry if anyone is offended, but this is my take on it.

And there is another reason, I will be away on holiday for 2 weeks in January, and I would have liked to finish the pool-play beforehand. So that *I* do not look like a no-answerer.

So pleeeeeease, if you can not send emails/can not send turns/do not want to send turns, pleeeease post here.