If you just got CM, and want to tell the world, post here!

Guest Big Time Software

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I must respectfully disagree.

I think the USPS has to a greater influence on when you receive the copy. I pre-ordered on Sept 15, 1999. My guess is that my copy was shipped on Thursday. I would also guess that the fulfillment company didn't run individual copies to the Post Office, but rather as the vehicles were full. Since people who ordered in June 2000 already have copies (which I assume were shipped Friday), then nine months of "pre-ordering" makes only a day's difference in shipping. My experience with the USPS priority mail variation is 2-4 days (and I've had priority mail sent to my daughter take 3 weeks to arrive in Portland OR from Virginia). My conclusion is that the USPS variation is larger than when you entered the pre-order queue.

So don't flame BTS or the fulfillment company folks. Just wait for the USPS (when it kinda, sorta, maybe gotta be there on time) patiently while consuming vast quantities of charred mammal flesh and beverages made from fermented grain. It works for me anyway smile.gif

Bob Mercer

------------------

"Next slide, next slide, you swine! Do you want to brief forever?" Apologies to Frederick the Great

Got mine here in Phoenix, AZ at 2pm on Monday. Ordered it about a month ago. No time to talk now, have to play... smile.gif

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

[This message has been edited by Wako (edited 06-20-2000).]

Wahooooooo....

Well, it arrived today at 1230 PDT in San Pedro CA. Best news is that I just got back to LA from a 4 month deployment in Bosnia on the 9th and I don't have to report back to work until 5 July. YEAH!!!

If I could weigh in on the "place in line/USPS" debate. I think Steve said the "biggest" variable was when you placed the order, he did not say it was the only variable. The fact is that the boxes go out in bunches, not one by one, and some post offices are better than others. I saw a report from Carson CA (about 10 miles from where I live) that he got his yesterday. I got mine today. No big deal (I know I know, easy for me to say now). Just be patient, the games are shipping!

Tom

[This message has been edited by TommyD (edited 06-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingOPork:

Woot i got my CM today =P And i had a terrible first mission. (no spoilers) Lets just say i went up against a panther tank, it rico'd 10(!!!) shots from my tanks. I mean it took out 5 of my tanks, while they just rico'd off of it's upper hull. So then at 10 shots, i take out it's tracks...yeah! Then 3 more roco's and i finally take it out. No offense, but that's kinda messed up. It was a normal crew and wiped out my elites like nothing. and i don't think it's supposed to ricochet from 5 different angles. oh well, my battles after that ruled. Regardless, that panther tank ruined my day.

-KOP<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, the troubleshooting section in the back of the manual addresses this situation perfectly. And I quote:

Problem: "The armor slope of that Panther is off by 0.5 degrees! My life is ruined."

Fix: "If you spot any inaccuracies, problems, bugs or simply any weird stuff in the game, please feel free to post it on the CM message board..."

Seems you handled your problem in the correct way smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Ordered in January. Don't remember whether I shipped to my office in NYC or to my home in the burbs. Either way, no CM yet.

However, yesterday I did receive a USPS Priority Mail box. Upon inspection (i.e. tearing it to shreds) I discovered that it contained a Little Mermaid stencil that my wife had ordered from the Disney Store. I'm still trying to recover.

Just called home & made my wife go out to the mailbox & it's here! Can't wait to get home. I know I'm breaking my self imposed silence but I wanted to share in the joy & fun. Hope I'm welcome back on the board. Steve, thanks.

Kilroy, out

Dale

I had a heart attack today when I came home from work and saw my mailbox missing! Turns out the maintenance guy on our property was repairing it (someone took it out with their car earlier this week - and gave me a heart attack then too). Peace and serenity returned, however, when I found the nice priority mail envelope sitting on my porch. smile.gif

Time to crack this baby open!

Oh yeah - I'm in Slidell, LA and preordered in April if anyone still cares...

played mine all last night, well most of.

one thing I know is Tigers with elite/crak crews and at range really kick some cromwell butt. Wasted near everything and got all the fireflies at least that I have found (one with a faust in the city, sucka) and the brits only got one Tiger in return

playing the operation and just got tonnes of reinforcements. (does that mean I suck, read in the manual if you do poorly you get lots of reservers release to you during ops.)

I was much happier with just 5 tigers and some infantry 'observers' now I got too much to loose.

got mine yesterday,what a great thing to find in the mailbox after a horrid Monday-I forgot my own crappy day and had to force myself to quit and attempt sleep!!Great manual,haven't seen one this good since Falcon 4's 3 ring binder edition.

Thanks for the wonderful game BTS and keep up the good work!!

Mudshark

got mine in Richmond, Va today. I am a late bloomer (ordered on 6 June this year). So I am simply happy to have it and feel sorry for those (especially those who ordered a while back). Trust me dudes...it is worth the wait...

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Left4Dead:

Pre-ordered 5/19/2000

Received yesterday (6/19/00) in South Pasadena, CA (L.A. area)

Shipping Date was 6/16/00

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sbbbbbbbbt! (That was me doing a spit-take) South Pas!? Ordered in May!?!? I'm in South Pas, I ordered last November, and still no joy on the 20th! Ack! That's OK, LFD, I'll just drive around town at about 4am and find your house by the glow of your monitor. smile.gif

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH... the mail in my building is being sorted, the people doing the sorting are lazy *#&$s, and I saw no fewer than 4 Priority Mail packages in the stack, any of which could have been the right size, but I can't even find out if one is mine until all the sorting is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I need a new shipment of !'s, please, I just ran out...

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

smile.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gifYEsssssss charged 15th sent 20th rec 22nd.

However I did notice on my package that there was not much holding the flap in place. Not sure if it was the heat or the distribution company did not seal the envelope very well.

But it would not have taken much for my manual to fall out.

Off to fight

Tony