For CM2...which side you gonna play the most?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

The East front had most of the coolest gear and weapons for both sides. Which side do you think you'll play the most?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends... what year? :) Not going to be fun taking IIIs and IVs against those mean 34s...

Cav

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Big Red, gospodin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Cornell!!!

I mean, uh, go USSR!

In most games I don't usually favor one side or the other, it just depends on what I feel like playing that day.

-Andrew

In this case, I usually play the Germans. At least in the lator part of the war, they are the underdogs. The Russians were just as ruthless and evil in many ways as the Germans. Over 1200 bodies of Polish officers that they murdered were recently unearthed, which bear testimate to this........

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

The Germans. I like getting beat relentlesly. When it comes down to who was really the bad guys it was most certainly the Russians, murdering people left and right. But I guess the Germans did the ame thing, except Stalin was a little crazier than Hitler.

Hard to say. I think it would be fascinating to play from either side, because of the vast differences in approach. I'd probably end up going more with the Germans because of the quality, but then quantity is a quality all of its own.

smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Howard has a point, this can (and is still) an interesting point but its best to keep the political and morality issue out of it for now. Besides, havent we had enough of that recently.

As to the question at hand, I have to admit that the unit and vehicle roster for the Russians is very appealing.

I also am interested in the challenge of adopting my playing style to the methods employed by the Russian commanders.

"Nyet, No ammo. A hero of the State needs no ammo..CHARGE!!!!"

Besides, after watching Winter War, I wanna re-create some of those mass wave assualts! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

I think another interesting aspect of this question is how your answer in this thread relates to your preferences in CMBO.

Mine is Ami's in CMBO and Russians in CM2. Nothing too surprising there. But are there those that prefer allies in CMBO that would prefer Axis in CMBO? Or Axis players in CMBO that will lean toward Russians in CM2?

I personally prefer German in CMBO and will prefer Soviets in CM2. Why? Cause' the Americans aren't too much fun to play (IMHO of course), what with those Shermans and M-10's against King Tigers. The again, on the Eastern Front, the Soviets have quite a roster...and the basic principle of "quantity over quality" should be fun to play out...

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

I think you guys are missing the point here the question wasn't who was the bad guys but who you prefer to play. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I did get the point. I was just giving my reason for wanting to play the Russians. I wouldn't exclude playing any side but I prefer to be the "good guys" for some reason. Now where did I put my white hat?

Ahh, Mother Russia, I can't wait. And too boot, you get some Uber Allied tanks. (at least relative to stu and sherm)

------------------

What you see depends mainly upon what you look for.