THE BLOODY PENG CHALLENGE THREAD: ESCAPE FROM DOWNUNDER

Read sober, Kipling is the worst sort of ugly-Englishman jingo imperialist doggerel ever put to paper... but who reads sober?

I've kippled since I was 10, read every word the man wrote, and with a beer or two and a ha'pint of something special he positively ROKZ DEWDZ. You can hear the bagpipes and smell the powder in Kipling, lads. 'Tis like giving Germanboy and his ilk a marching band and a tin of gray paint...

He (Kipling) also provided the stock for one of the finest movies ever to grace the screen, "The Man Who Would Be King", a point M. Aitken would do well to note, as it features real Brits, with cool battles, a helluva story, and a guy who gets his girl (rather loses his head over her, in fact), and is not at all a neurotic introspective touchy-feely anachronistic somnambulatory and, dare I say, narcissistic, piece of boring filth like TLR, the release of which sadly approximated that of SPR so closely as to completely eclipse that of the "other" and good war movie, "When Trumpets Fade".

None of which excuses M. PawBOOM for existing, ceasing to exist, or re-existing. But he has certainly shamed the Saxon/Pictish elements of the 'Pool, which, predictably, is rather easy to do.

And this leads directly to my thesis for the evening:

Where does this Wildman get off referring to "his" f**king airplanes???

Does he have his own personal goddam airforce?

Just what is it that I have been making substantial payments for? Ain't no freeway with my name on it. Is "Wildman" the nick for our new/old Secretary of Defense? The new/old Commander-in-Chief? Did the real jet-jocks let him sit in the pilot's seat once, or maybe loop-de-loop him a couple of times 'til he hurled expensive AF mess hall chow and the concave cockpit dripped it back on his CRT-faced REMF head when they leveled out?

I hope he doesn't mind my using HIS internet to ask these questions over HIS telephone system.

Thank you for your attention. I would now like to open the board to questions.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

I will post only this once, while the dust is still in the air..... (and there is still a route of escape). WHAT THE $%$& IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NOW? Thanks for your time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you reading the Cess if actully despise it? Could it be much like the man who beats on poofs he is actully trying to cover for his ever growing Homosexual urges?

------------------

Kittys words :)

For whatever reason, my guess is because the post was damn funny, the hamster jokes grew and grew. Slapdragon added some classic WWII photo retouches with hamsters (see "Combat Photos" on this site), and eventually it took on a life of it's own which, I guess pretty much peaked with my mods and this site. So you see, I'm not the originator of this thing, I just happened to stumble upon the CM boards at about the same time as OGSF's post appeared and I found it, and the subsequent posts it spawned, to be a refreshing change from the endless barrage of condescending and ultra-serious posts from insulting and short-tempered wanna-be academics about obscure information,

Pawbroom mah bonnet's off tae ye. Ah thoroughly enjoyed tha' wee bit o' poetry, history an' art. Ah were gettin' sick oop an' fed wi' tha bleedin' movie reviewers poncin' aboot tha place, boot af at lead tae ye post, at were worth at.

An' Germanboy, Ah feel ye pain wi' tha' feckless piece o' drippin' tripe tha were gwin on aboot crews an' their shock troop value. Tae mooch o' playin' tha man an' nae the ball.

Noo, Lorak, Ah see tha' Nijis ha' been included ain tha Cesspool as a Squire, an' tha' tha results o' our last encounter (where Ah kicked his spotty arrrse all aboot tha map) has been recorrrded. Which as fine, boot it should be mentioned tha' before he received tha' particular thrrrrashing fraim mah, he did manage tae squeak oot a couple o' minor victories o'er mae by tha skin o' his rotten yellow teeth. Sae he should be gettin' tha credit Ah suppose. Ye best chalk at oop, although at will play havoc wi' mah stats. Nijis 2 wins, SirOGSF 2 losses.

Ah'm sae bleedin' noble.....not lak tha rest o' yoos buggers....

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCD

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And everyone forgets the subsequent Charge of the Heavy Brigade, which worked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually the Charge of the Heavy Brigade PRECEDED the infamous Charge of the Light Brigade. It was, however, quite successful in very poor circumstances. They charged UPHILL, through a camp into a mass of Russian cavalry (regulars mind you, not cossacks) that had a head of steam already and numbers to boot.

As to Kipling, I always recall the one line (I've probably butchered it a bit): When you're wounded and lying on Afganistan's plains,

And the women come out with their knives and their pain,

Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,

And go to your death like a soldier.

Joe

I have a quick question to put before the pool.

Germanboy and I are playing a game. He upgraded to the beta, I had not. The last turn he sent me was a movie only for me. So when I sent the file back It will not work for him in the beta, and he no longer has 1.05.

I do not believe I can save game on a movie only file, and upgrade it to te beta.

How can we fix this? Is there someone here who has both that I could send the turn too? Who in turn could get Germanboy's password and move the file from 1.05 to the beta for us?

If so that would be great. Just leave a message here f you'd be willing.

Thanks

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Just leave a message here f you'd be willing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Undoubtedly a decoy post from bauhaus, always prowling for the willing.

I have both versions (1.05 and 1.1b24). I have never deleted a CM version....

Kitty...

Every good knight needs a damsel to defend. Sheesh. wink.gif

Mark IV, would you be willing then to try and update our game then? If so I could send you the file when I get home tonight. I just guess Germanboy would need to send you his password.Oh and if so, weather you need it zipped or not.

Hey! and you could see just how much his smoking armor is clogging my roads!

Lorak the loathed

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 01-04-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

And where did he get the idea that Romans spoke with posh English accents anyway?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I, Claudius

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

sod Kipling

and sod The Thin Red Line.

Crappy movie with unbelieveable characters. A poor attempt at making a Hippie PTO Full Metal Jacket on the scale of The Longest Day. It sucked and you just say you like it beacuse you feel smarter for thinking you understood it. As if 18 year old kids ever think like Thoreau or Wordsworth...

And as for WildMan. Who the feck do you think you are not acknowledging me as a significant contributor to this thread? I demand that you post humiliating remarks about me post haste! I shall then threaten to do things with your inner materials that dogs wouldn't do to a ripe garbage pail!

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

We are NOT going to take over YOUR responsibility again and we are NOT going to explain to the police again if you break this one as you did the last one. 'Pool recruits are NOT toys.

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sod that, they are too, Joe. Consider: upon receiving them, we do our bloody best to break them. We grow bored with them really quickly unless they continue to amuse. Once we've had them long enough, identified them as our own, we won't let them be thrown out or let anyone else play with them. And Wildman's right, my posts have fallen off horribly. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! I shall endeavour to return to the Old Ways, still remembered by our people. The Young, such as Wildman, should not be left to languish on a foreign shore, seeking a way forward in a world they never made, and can barely comprehend. Please note that the bugger did not stroll in, as all too many have, and make some sort of vague, 'I challenge you all', or 'You 'Poolers, you're all a bunch of (insert suitably tedious insult here)'. He came in and actually insulted all sorts of people, briefly, to be sure, but personally. I like the personal touch. It says, 'I hate you enough to specifically call you a useless toad', and 'You're not just individuals to me, you're individuals I loathe'. That's lovely. I shall endeavour to return to leading young minds into the darkness (remember that here in the 'Pool we are in the Dreamtime, and our journeys bring into being new worlds...), just as soon as the people who were foolish enough to hire me accept the fact that I have no clue, and stop making demands and using odd phrases like 'value added results', and 'proactive empowerment through technological application to employee projects'.

------------------

Mark IV wrote:

> Kipling is the worst sort of ugly-Englishman jingo imperialist doggerel ever put to paper...

We leave that kind of thing to you lot nowadays. =P

> and is not at all a neurotic introspective touchy-feely anachronistic somnambulatory and, dare I say, narcissistic, piece of boring filth like TLR, the release of which sadly approximated that of SPR so closely as to completely eclipse that of the "other" and good war movie, "When Trumpets Fade".

Now I understand why war movies are to be found in shops' "action" section instead of "drama". Thrills and spills, eh?

> None of which excuses M. PawBOOM for existing, ceasing to exist, or re-existing. But he has certainly shamed the Saxon/Pictish elements of the 'Pool, which, predictably, is rather easy to do.

Ha, if I were currently as idle as I usually am, I could have regailed you all with the history of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. (If I hadn't lost the school project where it was all written.) My late Great Uncle trained with them during the Second World War at their headquarters, Stirling Castle, although he was transferred to the Durham Light Infantry before going into action. He fought at El Alamein, but unfortunately he wouldn't talk about his service, partly because it upset him, and partly because it ended when he sustained head injuries in a motorcycle accident and I never knew him as much of a conversationalist. Anyway, I went to Stirling Castle to try and do some research on his service – which was futile, due to his transfer – but this talk of the 91st and 93rd regiments rings a few bells.

Croda wrote:

> Crappy movie with unbelieveable characters. A poor attempt at making a Hippie PTO Full Metal Jacket on the scale of The Longest Day. It sucked and you just say you like it beacuse you feel smarter for thinking you understood it.

I should probably become a film critic then.

I don't watch films for a nice understandable story with a beginning, middle and end. I don't care for fiction. I watch films because I think the writers and directors have something to say, and can use sound and images to convey it. The Thin Red Line made a lot of sense to me. Saving Private Ryan was impressive but, like Gladiator, just seemed like a run-of-the-mill story with lots of loud special effects. The character development in TTRL was very appropriate and convincing, not the token effort to be found in most war movies.

It takes a real man not to even flinch in the face of Jim Caviezel's monologues... =P

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sod that, they are too, Joe. Consider: upon receiving them, we do our bloody best to break them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You missed the whole point ... imagine our surprise. We break them emotionally and mentally, Mace BREAKS them. He's not trying to hurt them, but ... does the book "Of Mice and Men" have any meaning to you in this context?

Joe

I have rarely read so much error and incompetence in a mere two pages of cess, but two examples stand out from the most recent crop of mire:

1) Look, Shaw, if you can't quote the Poet correctly, don't quote him at all. The actual quote is:

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains

And the women come out to cut up what remains

Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains

An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Of course, if you had done a search on "Kipling" you would have found it, posted by none other than yours truly. But oh, no. Mr. Shaw is too high and mighty to do a search. Mr. Shaw will just let whatever pus emerges from his limbic system ooze out his piehole and onto the key board. Mr. Shaw will just lose lots of armor in the snow.

2) David Aitken mentions every male cast member of TFOTRE, but he doesn't mention Sophia Loren! Sophia Loren in fur! Sophia Loren in a toga! I'm beginning to have doubts about Mr. Aitken, I am.

I could go on about Germanboy's uncalled for dissing of Patton, but it's easier to remind him of who exactly won the damn war. Oh yeah, it was the Americans. We all know it, don't we guys. We did it, we licked 'em all: the Germans, the Eyetalians, the Belgians, the Albanians, the Venezuealans with their silly Tango dances. And don't even get me started on those sissy boy Brits. They couldn't stand up to the armed might of the USA now could they. And why not? Because we're the best, that's why. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. Oh yeah, watch out, Canada, 'cause your next. You think we're going to let a half-decent baseball team belong to a bunch of foreigners? Bend over, you puck-munching softies, 'CAUSE HERE COMES PAPA AND HE'S FIXIN' TO RIDE.

HEY, YOU, MEXICO! WHAT YOU LOOKIN' AT? YOU WANT A PIECE OF THIS? AND YOU, CUBA, EAT MY FLORIDA!

I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!!

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

tomb update:

Bauhaus-win

Seanachai-loss<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true, and shame upon me for it. I was within a hair of turning it into a draw, but I don't think that's a boast that will get me very far...

Still, Bauhaus, irritating little homunculus that he is, played a good game. He played steady, he played cagey. He only did one completely bizarre and foolish thing (charged a platoon into a platoon under cover, and lost them almost to a man), and for the rest displayed relatively sound tactics and forethought. Since then, of course, the PS2 use has rotted what brain he had, and our rematch shall result in such a staggering loss for him that he will have to sell the bloody playstation to pay for rebuilding his personality through therapy.

Second... The rest of your post obviously is in error. Being a fairy and one of the 'Tuatha De Danann' It is a given that I am infact gracefull and full of grandeur. hence there can be no delusion on my part.

Lorak the loathed

Save it, Lorak, the man wouldn't know one of the Sídhe if they came up and tickled his particulars. We shall have to see how he progresses, but he appear to be one of those conservative Celtophobes that want to close down all the pubs, water down the beer, make American the national language, and are afraid to have anyone Celtic get a teaching license, for fear that young minds might be weaned away from television to the reading of books.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

And as for WildMan. Who the feck do you think you are not acknowledging me as a significant contributor to this thread? I demand that you post humiliating remarks about me post haste!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't cry Croda, he didn't mention me either...Boo Hoo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Lots of wonderful things...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniffle...that's a bit of alright. Here, I'd rather have the French around then half a dozen arseholes doing bad Roger Ebert impersonations. And quoting Kipling, the Bard of Empire. What a lovely post. Pull yer thumb out, you lot, and applaud. I'd say something nice about each and every one of you shiftless lot if I could have any kind of proof that some of you had ever cracked a book for more than emergency toilet paper use after a bout of forgetfulness at the store.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 01-04-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

I like the books that have the fold out pictures when you open the pages.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pop-up books? Good Christ, I'm not surprised. Sent him to school, and all he did was carve his name in the desktop (and he misspelled it...)

------------------

Holy bananas, but you all suck. Wasting pool time and space by talking about movies and books? I seriously doubt any of you cretins ever mastered Scratch 'n Sniff, let alone the printed word or moving pictures.

As to my CM games, I'm of course whipping the unholy hell out of all of my opponents, all the time, and the rest of you maggots I'm crapping on in my dreams. And bad dreams they are, at that.

Shaddap already.

A pox on the Thin Red Line. What a pretentious piece of dog excrement that movie was. Now you want a good war movie? Try Cross of Iron, Go Tell the Spartans, An Odd Angry Shot (for you Sheep Shaggers), Das Boot (didn’t here any college literature dissertations in that one), or Platoon (for all its faults, a far better movie than TRL).

Or how about Apocalypse Now … Which reminds me, I see that you are up to your old tricks Kurtz-a-chia:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

I shall endeavour to return to leading young minds into the darkness

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once I’ve disposed of Shandy Duncan, Elvis, Nijis, and dalem, I figure its just about time to finish that little holiday trip up the Schloss.