THE BLOODY PENG CHALLENGE THREAD: ESCAPE FROM DOWNUNDER

Well, here we are in our new digs. I'll just wring out my pants legs and get things started, shall I?

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dicta Pool, resubmitted for endorsement, originally posted by Jdmorse:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Daily Affirmations for the Unstable

I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of course, I want to stay employed.

A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem.

As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I can get in touch with my Inner Sociopath.

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

Today, I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and complain.

As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.

I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

I honor my personality flaws, for without them I would have no personality at all.

Joan of Arc heard voices too.

When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit, but not nearly as gratifying.

The first step is to say nice things about myself. The second, to do nice things for myself. The third, to find someone to buy me nice things.

As I learn to trust the universe, I no longer need to carry a gun.

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day watching TV. Instead I will move my TV into the bedroom.

Who can I blame for my own problems? Give me just a minute... I'll find someone.

Why should I waste my time reliving the past when I can spend it worrying about the future?

I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.

I am willing to make the mistakes if someone else is willing to learn from them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"The whole of Scotland will rejoice if the commanding officer of the Canadian Army could see fit that the taking of Saint-Valery is accomplished by the Highland Division. I am sure that the 2nd Canadian Division will attend to Dieppe satisfactorily."

-- General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery, Aug. 20, 1944

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 12-18-2000).]

Well, it's a little spartan, a little too clean, but I'm sure we'll soon all be right at home here. Sadly, we seem to be filling up our locations ever more quickly. Lot of work for the poor sewer workers, digging us these lovely new locations.

Well, Mace, let me be the first to offer you a beer here in the Peng Challenge Thread. How did I manage it, you're asking yourself? Counter bribe, Mace. Told the Powers That Be we'd keep you corralled in here if they tore the Peng Challenge Thread out of your clutchy little paws. I said if the Frenchman left (hopefully only for a while), we'd have to put the Australians to death. In the interest of saving lives (even if only Australian and New Zealander lives), BTS brought the Thread back to the hands of the righteous. Let's get some of Aitkin's artwork up, and start posting tripe, drivel, and the odd pearl. We want the place up and looking smart when Peng gets back, don't we?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

The Dicta Pool, resubmitted for endorsement, originally posted by Jdmorse:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks good, Babra. Certainly a credo that any Peng Challenge Thread poster can live by.

------------------

Bah..... You may be able to move the thread. But do not think for a moment that you can lose the glowing light of my teaching.

Yes move me around, turn me upside down, rightside up. It makes no diffrence. My greatness will still act as a becon in this pool of darkness.

Still here... still great.

Lorak the loathed.

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers,

I will post only this once, while the dust is still in the air..... (and there is still a route of escape). WHAT THE $%$& IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NOW? Thanks for your time.

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Why is it that every time we move house, we seem to drag the same low-life sight seers with us?

You'd think after one or two visits to the 'pool and the odd bloodied nose received as a form of 'fair ye well' on the way out, they would wander off limply into the mists of irrelevence.

Are they seeking acceptance, a little harsh dicipline or more likely are they spotty teenagers looking for freinds since their own peers starting bashing them?

I'll leave interpretation of results to Mensch, the loony pschotherapist, because I'm a tree and can't interpret s**t.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

WHAT THE $%$& IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NOW? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The topic has never changed. It is still about ripping the skull off one's enemies, slurping out their brains, spitting the fibrous chunks into the eyes of passers-by, and belching with satisfaction.

It is also a place for loathing the stupid and despising the obvious. There are no hamsters here. There were, but they became stupid and obvious. They were one of the many gifts your local Peng thread has given you, of the Outer Board. We have moved on. Expect more.

This is the place for playing the damned game! Not for another button on the user interface that undoes all your mistakes and sucks the bullets back into the guns, not for quibbling over ballistics and optics, not for amusing anecdotes about what your Panther did against the AI this morning, but for taking the game as it stands and pointing all these wonderful weapons at one another.

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler.

Long live the Peng Thread!

On another note, as a great and powerful tree I have been around these here parts for freek'in yonks and I seem to recall that the Peng thread was ordained to become a multi national corporation with each existence in the hands of a new nation.

So far we have had multiple existences in the hands of the "Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early..etc,etc" Amuurikans, a short but delightful excursion to the "Australia, Australia we love you...'nother tube!" Ozzies. Now how is it that the 'pool has fallen back under the spell of Ahh-Chooey?

What pact with the devil was made to ensure the great windbag got the keys to the family sedan again?

We should give Mensch a turn at the helm....who knows what directions we may travel under his guidance? My guess is it would be like an LSD trip in conjunction with an opium enema.

But what would I know, I'm only a tree right?

(albeit it a tree with champion sized pine cones)

Hmm. New locale. It's still a dump. And started by Sunshine, no less. At least the coriolis is correct here.

Croda seems to delight in expending lots of ammo. Unfortunately for my boys much of it is ending up lodged in their bodies. Hmph. We hates him.

PeterPeterNZedEater and I have made a trade in scrap metal. His was a well placed shot from a superior position. Mine was a cheap chip shot that deserved no respect. No bueno for Aussieboy on that one.

jshandjob is still flummoxed by my superior tactical skills. He has spent two (count 'em two!) spotting rounds on empty real estate. He must be used to Croda-like mad rushes. Soon he will be dozing and the village of Kruppcake will be mine!

Marlowbrow is most likely rotting in a county jail in Sheepcranker Free State for abuse of a Shriner. The vigorous delousing is preventing him from returning a turn.

nijis I will gladly hate you once I finish one of the ones I have going now. Four or five seems to be my tactical limit. Once I wipe the Croda off of my heel I will be open for business.

Bah, I say let the door swing open. How will we ever educate the masses to the true joy of CM? If they are not allowed to come in wallow in the blindling light of my greatness, I am afraid they will forever be doomed to wander the world in an gorg indused haze over optics and mantle thickness.

Nay.. let them come and learn for the true masters.

By the way... a little present for peng on getting out of the hospital.

flashgirl.gif

Lorak the loathed

This night is special. I have a new cat and a new thread to drop trau and releive myself in.

My new cat's name is Audrey. Why would I mention this in the Peng taunt thread? Because I can.

Sir Seanachai, you lead the way and I will follow. I feel like Berel the Unworthy (See Bungie's game Myth) as a knight. So, Sir Lorak please scribe thusly upon thy website so Pythonistic:

Person to be named later = Win

Hiram Sedai = Loss

Cesspool ex audi vocem meam. Sicut in pricipio et nunc et semper.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

I will post only this once, while the dust is still in the air..... (and there is still a route of escape). WHAT THE $%$& IS THIS THREAD ABOUT NOW? Thanks for your time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MB, may I call you MB? Because I once greeted you more brusquely than I intended, I will try and answer you now. This Thread, the Mutha Beautiful Thread, aka The Cesspool, but known lovingly to all as the Peng Challenge Thread, is a place for those with wit, venom, and cojones to come, taunt and belittle their opponents, make spurious claims while posturing madly, and then gloat like rabid dogs when they win, or rationalize and lie like a politician when they lose.

The procedure in the 'Pool is to come in, pick out someone (preferably someone weak and kind of thick), and taunt them into giving you a game. Then taunt them while you play the game. Then taunt them when you win the game, or, if you lose, curse them soundly.

It is not enough, however, to merely make vulgar noises and revert to lower school playground namecalling (although we see a fair amount of that, of course). The ideal is to impress all with your finely turned insults, your witty promises of judgement and doom, your eloquent ability to dismiss your opponents achievements, dreams, and entire existence.

Barring that, fall back on vulgar noises and lower school playground name calling. But it just isn't as good.

Now, show us some ability in the area of insulting us, or bugger off. And I mean that in the very nicest way, that is, in the Hiram Sedai way.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

This night is special. I have a new cat and a new thread to drop trau and releive myself in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harem, relieving yourself in a cat, huh?

We would actually rather prefer that you don't go into great detail with what you plan to do with said cat, or why you have purchased copious amounts of gaffer tape! biggrin.gif

Mace

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has seen or heard from my opponent. It has been six days since his troops and I have heard from 'little Andreas' and we are starting to get worried. I was informed by a slack jawed Yokle that he frequented this, er, place of intelect and recreation. If one of you should happen upon this lost soul please direct him to the battlefield. A reward of happyfaces and ill placed winks and nudges will be offered for his capture, perferably alive, although dead will certainly not change his playing style.

Thank you

A concerned player

Hmm, posting again. I find if I post quite a bit in the beginning, the outsiders come in, are quickly confused or savagely bored, and leave quickly.

Stuka, your postings as a tree have been amongst your best work. I like you as a tree, you work as a tree, I say go with your treeness.

Hiram, it is good to see you made your way here. I was worried about you, and was afraid you might get lost. On another note, did you know that all cats are servants of Satan? When they purr, they are actually transmitting intel back to their master and receiving new instructions. At night when you're asleep, they do things to your brain.

I find it sadly appropriate that you would name a pet Audrey. All the names from all the cultures in the universe, all the gods and goddesses, all the figures out of legend and folklore, and you name your sodding cat Audrey. It makes one weep. But if it had been anything else, it wouldn't be 'you', now would it?

Now, as to my having control (such as it is) of the Thread again, the fine people at BTS are very much into orthodoxy. There is no Peng but Peng, and I am his prophet.

Now mind, I think before the demise of the current Peng Challenge Thread we should have some sort of contest, and let another nation host the Thread. So start thinking about how that might be achieved. When I was desperately searching for names tonight, Madmatt told me both the ones I came up with were a bit limp, and accepted the current title as the least lame. Perhaps we could have a contest to name the next incarnation of the Thread?

------------------

Personaly I would have to vote for

Evermeet: Island of elves (and peng)

Or If that is too confusing.

Here abides Lorak, Master of all things great!

or...

Lorak: omnipresent authority figure.

Just a couple to get the ball rolling.

Lorak the loathed

edited because my name contains such power that even I am sometimes forced to spell it wrong.

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 12-18-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

You guys are a bunch of Houdinis. No matter how big the lock, no matter how cramped and smelly the cell, no matter how intense the verbal "violation", you guys manage to get yourselves all dirty again.

We salute you!

-Andrew

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

PS: A limit on smileys???? Ack!

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Stuka, your postings as a tree have been amongst your best work. I like you as a tree, you work as a tree, I say go with your treeness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

senilechap!

When Stukes no longer amuses, can I go him with the chainsaw?

Mace (revving it up as we speak)