CM gets Gold at Games Domain...

And in the end of the review they say that CM is one of the most worthy winners of the Gold Award. Way to go Steve and Charles!

JCP

[This message has been edited by JCP (edited 06-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Huh? It seems to me you can set as many way points for infantry (or tanks) as you want. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah,I'm not sure what Tim was thinking about when he wrote that.By and large,though,a fine review by a widely read site.

Mike

I would agree with Pvt. Pike, that's almost certainly what they're talking about, that a squad can only move to one place (i.e set a single waypoint when the whole squad is selected). Also true if simply more than one unit (of any sort) is selected.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

BTS, I think you may owe Tim Chown (the Games Domain reviewer) a beer or two...

He's been promoting this game shamelessly for some time: it's his previews that got me here in the first place plonking down my money, and if that review doesn't sell a few more copies, I'll eat my hat.

Not that the game itself isn't a fine and wonderous thing (at least the demo is! Waiting patiently...). But it's nice to have a little help.

He's been promoting this game shamelessly for some time: it's his previews that got me here in the first place plonking down my money, and if that review doesn't sell a few more copies, I'll eat my hat.

Not that the game itself isn't a fine and wonderous thing (at least the demo is! Waiting patiently...). But it's nice to have a little help.

While I believe that CM should get Gold - after reading review it does not strike me as a GOLD game. Reviewers complain about just too many things. And some people might just get turned off by that review.

BTS should take their comments to heart.

Still CM-less in San Diego.

[This message has been edited by killmore (edited 06-20-2000).]

BTW, Tim Chown admitted on the "war-historical" games newsgroup that his infantry-waypoint statement was in error, and will soon be correcting this.

I usually consider Gamesdomain as one of the better wargame review sites. This is a definite "feather in the cap", but likely there'll be a lot more feathers to come soon.

Perhaps it has been corrected, but this is the closest comment I could find that matched the statement that was in error. It reads...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

The only minor niggle I have here is that AFVs, if ordered to move through an obstacle, will drive very close to it, bumping it sometimes, rather than plotting their own smooth path around the impediment. So you have to give reasonably precise movement paths for tanks. However, the tank AI is much better than the woeful effort in Close Combat.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiya,

Just discovered this thread. Yes, the waypoint issues was corrected. It seems I was moving my infantry by group not as individual squads, hence the "confusion". CM does encourage micromanagement, so I can see why the design is as is :)

Cheers,

Tim