If you are not playing Combat Mission, WHAT are you playing?

New marketing slogan?

It sounded good when it came to mind anyway.

I say this because nothing else in the WW II wargame realm really can compare with this game.

It has me addicted both at work and at home, I can't stop thinking about it and I don't even have the game yet.

I hope we can all encourage fans of other games like SP and CC and all those other games that are WW II battle sims to really take a good look at CM. I think that gold rateing and great review at gamesdomain.com will really help.

Full Steam Ahead!

Thanks Steve and Charles

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from being a WW2-addict i also enjoy RPG's alot. Especially MMORPG's and they need lotsa attention when you want to achieve something.

Here's my top 10 of MUST play games every week:

1)Asheron's Call

2)Everquest

3)Ultima Online

4)CM gold-demo

5)SPWAW

6)TOAW

7)UT Infiltration mod

8)Tribes

9)Quake 3 Fortress

10)ehm....Alley Cat smile.gif

I don't know, I got Shogun for Father's Day and thought it might "ease my pain" (to continue the Field of Dreams thread earlier). Unfortunately, after trying it a few times it just doesn't hold my interest. I keep bailing out to see if my next PBEM turn of CE has shown up yet. I'm afraid that I'm hopeless at this point. smile.gif

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

Since I still don't have CM (grrrrrrrr!) I've been playing SPW@W, both a solo campaign and a PBEM game. I know it can't hold a candle to CM but I have fun playing it and it has the advantage of actually being on my hard drive. I'm also still playing Red Baron 3D online. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time playing that game and I plan on spending more. One of these days I might actually get good at it.

Cardinal Fang aka

J37KardinalFang

No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Well actually i've been playing the heck out of S:TW (Sorry Joe) I did do some CM late last night until I fell asleep at my PC (1 AM)Beyond that I try to do 10 minutes of Vampire and lose interest and go back to S:TW and CM (Late night) Last night took my 1 King Tiger and 2 Tigers Vs the british army and slauthered them in a town setting. never seen them Brits turn tail and run so fast

------------------

"Just Give Me the Prize" Kurgen

Dell, what can I expect from the guy who runs a CWG2 page smile.gif Still hoping that today will be the day for CM. Maybe I need to get some tutoring from you about S:TW, but it just doesn't seem to trip my trigger for some reason.

Manx: Exactly smile.gif

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

Rogue Spear:Urban Ops. (not that good but hey, i'm bored)

Quake III Arena teamplay, or Q3A Challenge ProMode Dueling.

In the next week i'll be glued to the newly released Diablo II and Deus Ex. (Deus comes out tomorrow, D2, the 28th)

-KOP

Need for Speed-Porche Unleashed.....very cool with a Geforce2 at 1600x1200 and force feedback stick.

Close Combat 3-WF mod

Warbirds-when there is a decent connect

Rogue Spear and Counter Strike

------------------

---------

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, And the women come out to cut up what remains, Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."

Kipling

Interestingly, this month marks the release of two games that I've been awaiting:

1) CM

2) Diablo II (finally supposed to be out a week from Friday)

After a couple of days worth of the full version of CM, I can say that I'm not sure that I'll even have the time for Diablo II. wink.gif (I never thought I'd say that!)

CM rules!

L4D

I've been playing Shogun:Total War, the Deus Ex demo, and Combat Mission. Since getting CM, I've been playing less and less of Shogun(Only multi-player battles with my friends), and haven't touched Vampire...and Deus Ex and Diablo II are right around the corner, not to mention Klingon Academy having just been released. Arrgh, too many games. CM is fantastic, it's going to stay on my hard drive a long time. I'm not a big wargamer at all. Really, the only other Wargame I enjoyed was Steel Panthers (the first one). I was going to check out SPWAW, but don't feel the need now that CM is here.

I've been playing SP:WAW (mainly Wild Bill's scenarios) and dusted off my copy of Red Baron 3D in a vain attempt to get back some of the motor skills I've apparently lost. Yes, my 12-year-old kicked my ass at Unreal Tournament, again!

I've been playing Axis & Allies Europe (a new game) over the internet via PBEM. It is a lot more interesting than the original game, and the Germans have a very good chance to win this one. Sure it's simple and unrealistic (unlike CM!) but it is a fun game to play and think about.

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

1) The Steel Beasts demo from Shrapnel Games; pretty good AI & treatment of combined arms

2) Rogue Spear

3) The Ardennes Offensive v2.30 (downloadable)

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 06-22-2000).]