If you are not playing Combat Mission, WHAT are you playing?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

These are the games I play while waiting for CM to arrive:

1. Panzer Elite

2. SPW@R

3. East Front

Best regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The ones I often go back to:

1. CC2, just finished the grand campaign. Those little veins in my head make a funny snapping noise every time my tank decides to moon at enemy AFV's.

2. Civilization 2.

3. Escape Velocity and EV Override.

4. A-10 Cuba.

5. CC1, kind of better than 2, but I hit my screen every time the computer decides I lost a battle despite decimating the enemy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

...I lost a battle despite decimating the enemy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I wouldn't call inflicting only 10% casualties a victory... wink.gif(sorry, couldn't resist)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marnix:

Well, I wouldn't call inflicting only 10% casualties a victory... wink.gif(sorry, couldn't resist)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'll have to come over and inflict 10% casualty on you! Let's see you what you say after that. mad.gif

Well, seeing as how my blasted copy of CM still hasn't arrived here in distant Massachusetts, I have been playing Shogun. Played all day with a friend as "advisor" and we had a total blast. Shogun is an amazing experience. The manual sucks, but if you look in the strat newsgroup you'll find tips from people who took the bait and bought the strategy guide. I am totally hooked on Shogun now, and I'm not as bummed as I was about the fact that I won't be getting CM until Monday (when I get into work to pick it up).

If you don't have Shogun, give it a shot. It's $30 as EBX, and there is a $10 rebate from their website on top of that (www.ebworld.com). I *highly* recommend it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

I think I'll have to come over and inflict 10% casualty on you! Let's see you what you say after that. mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say get it over with and Finnish me off...

I play (less often now) Rainbow 6 but not online. I hate lag. Then I was playing a lot Hornet Korea before getting addicted to Falcon 4.

Now Falcon 4 is the only military flight sim I fly. It is the CM of the modern jet fighter sims: total immersion and highest realism. I do not think there is any better in the market right now.

PS graphics look like photos: you should see the explosions!

Guest Sofos

I've been playing AoA:w2k but mostly

JAGGED ALLIANCE (All the games of the series)

It's a same that they are taking so long to release the add on (if they will ever do).

Guest smbutler

I still have a copy of Talonsoft's West Front on my hard drive (for when I get the urge to carry out a larger scale operation). But, sine I've gotten CM (:P), it's not being used. I wish I could say that I had a Napoleonic/ CW game with a map and oob editor, and perhaps 3d graphics and a "we-go" engine, but no such animal exists (hem, hem, nudge nudge, wink, wink).

Panzer Elite. I see CM and PE as being extremely complementary. Both show manical attention to detail, both push the envelope of the respective niche's, both have excellent support, and are open to enhancements. I play 'em both, and haven't given much thought to anything else.

Kevin Christensen

Lawrence, KS