Explosive growth! Battlefront.com doubles in size

Guest Big Time Software

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big Time Software

The quick answer to the "why employees of Battlefront.com and not BTS" is...

Both Matt and Dan will be doing more work than just Combat Mission. For example, the website is going to be totally overhauled.

And no, Charles and I haven't met either Dan or Matt in person. However, we've met Moon (Martin) who has met Matt smile.gif As for offices... we don't need no stinking offices! If we had offices we would be tempted to only work 8 hour days instead of 12-16. Imagine how long CM1 would have taken if we did that biggrin.gif

Steve

Explosive...Oh, I thought he said "Explosive GAS." Never mind.

No, seriously, this is pretty cool. With Madmatt prowling the forum and applying the boot where needed, and Dan helping hammer out yummy T34 textures, hopefully CM2 will be EVEN BETTER than it would have been otherwise (admittedly difficult, but I have high hopes)

DjB

Well, hrummmphh, I certainly hope you don't pay Matt anything. I resent the fact that he might actually make money helping the rest of us. Why does he need to make a living?

Just jokin' smile.gif

Well deserved and congratulations!

------------------

Just call me Lucifer 'cause I'm in need of some respect....

Hurra ! Hurra ! Hurra !

It has been a pleasure to watch the CMHQ grow and become the gem it is today, and also a pleasure to play with all the beautiful new textures.

Thank you MadMatt and KwazyDog for all your hard work. I guess you both had this well deserved bonus comming.

Good Luck to both off you.

Frans

------------------

If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. Then give up. There's no use being a damned fool about it.

Congratulations, one and all, and for all the right reasons! The news from the front is indeed good and bodes well for all of us. I'm delighted by the massive talent infusion in both graphics and Web stuff.

Concerning the latter, I join with Leland in requesting that you not use black background with white text (w/wo microtype). It's hard to read and requires extra steps to print out. Graphic coolness is possible without artiste black.

I would also ask you to please remember the Netscape and Mac users. There are plenty of sites out there, Claus Bonnesen's On Armour, for example, whose lead pages are unreadable on my iMac under Communicator 4.5. Also, I've noticed an alarming trend toward oversized pages which exceed my screen size and have to be scrolled all over simply to view them.

Finally, I'd like to request that you systematically corral the constantly expanding string of reviews and put them all in one easily accessible place. A hyperlink from the CM Forum would be nice, too.

Looking forward to great things,

John Kettler

I've done this inofficially already, but would like to repeat it "in public" - congrats to you guys! Nobody else could have been a better choice!

Martin

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

Scene:

Computer room come drinking den, sat at the PC blurry-eyed, tired, playing CM in between reading the forum, surrounded by beer bottles and pizza boxes:

" congashulatinons to Maddog and KwazyMatt...you guys <hiccup> deserve my salute bu way offff a marching sooonng!" cue falls off chair..

way to go guys..

------------------

"Any man who judges a nation is a peewit"

Rumor is that success has already gone to their head....Madmatt has moved from ripple to mad dog 20/20 wine, and KD has moved from Fosters to Bud Light.

My congrats were personal, and now public. Yeah, I remember when KD was e beginner and trying to make a T28, and Matt was still a beta virgin....hehehehe

I am not worthy.... smile.gif

Rune

Oh, sweet Jesus.

Could nobody have told me this *before* I started bitching about Matt's economic interests and website here? And he's going to be a moderator here too?

Well, at any rate, congratulations you two. I wish you the best of luck.

Hey, will Matt have access to my acc-

Sorry, but we have no one registered with the UserName you typed (Pham911). Please try again. Use your Back button.

Guest barrold713

LOL@Pham911

"Hey Sarge, didn't HQ say something about a minefield around...KABLOOOIEE!!!!!"

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin