New CM Site - What's the Verdict?

I have finally completed that web site I promised for some of extra subdued mods. I've tried to keep it simple and clean, the JPEG vehicle and example pictures are the only loading you will have to do.

Tom's ftp server accessed by link is there. If you want to see FSAAx4, all screen shots were done using it, though JPEG compression will always distort the picture, but looks okay.

Let me know what you think. If you have any suggestions, please send e-mail. Thanks.

Kump's CM Outpost

or if that gives trouble due to DNS, then

http://209.42.254.49/cm

At least let me know the first link works and my DNS issues are finally settled.

Thanks

Garry

Very nice work Mr. Kump. You have the right idea. Keep it simple and let the content be your guide. Just placed your site in my favorites.

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

very sweet site.

i liked it all, design, ease of navigation, and actual use of spell check.

there was one slight nit:

http://www.gkump.com/cm/kumpsky.htm

the text sez it's for misc terrain but the url (correctly) goes to the skyscapes.

definietly going to my bookmark list.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Thanks for visiting and the comments.

If I get mods from folks, I'll even do the "before and after" pages, but man, am I getting tired of doing screen captures instead of playing. Oh well, guess CM is running one way or the other smile.gif

Problems fixed

a) I forgot to set the title of the home page, so if you save link, you get "Home Page" for the name of the web site and you would have to change by hand. Sorry, I fixed this, its now "Kump's CM Site". Doh!

B) russellmz, Thanks for getting back with any issues. I couldn't find what you were talking about. Then I stumbled on the "Back to Top" link, which was back to top of misc page. Is this what you were referring to? Fixed. Thanks for the heads up. Doh-Doh!

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

Hey Splinty!

I don't have those mods, Tom has them. You did go to Tom's FTP site. I just put links in to make it easy on you, so no hit on Tom. If it wasn't for him, a lot of us would still be dreaming and still wearing sunglasses.

The Gunslinger mods are HUGE and I definitely don't have space myself. I hope they remain available for future generations of CMers. And then comes CM2....

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

Thanks for visiting and the comments.

B) russellmz, Thanks for getting back with any issues. I couldn't find what you were talking about. Then I stumbled on the "Back to Top" link, which was back to top of misc page. Is this what you were referring to? Fixed. Thanks for the heads up. Doh-Doh!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, a few more errors: basically the text is about terrain but the page & urls are about/goto skyscapes. the text should be describing the skyscapes. the following is the incorrect text. otherwise, a perfect site.

Overcast Sky Example - A look at the snow road. err, you mean "A look at the overcast sky" right?

Night Sky Example - The modified Gunslinger hedge/bocage.

um, should be just about the night sky right?

Day Sky Example - The modified Gunslinger hedge/bocage.

etc smile.gif

Simple Sky Mod v1 - Snow road, hedge, marsh, wheat, and wall, size 744 K

etc

g'nite

------------------

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

russel,

Well shoot me in the head. I still couldn't see it and then I... saw it! My oversight. Doh-Doh-Doh. Okay, I fixed it and reposted it. Thanks a million. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no problem! hehe i knew the extra time in bolding the text would pay off :P

------------------

Vehicle mods???

I first jump into subdued terrain and made a couple of small mods, then decided to do a simple web site just to post those things, so primarily its dedicated to the "dark side" of terrain graphics. All the vehicle shots are of the terrain dark side.

But your wish is my command. I've already done some more captures tonight for more new pages on vehicle mods. Tiger has been so kind to be the first with his firefly mod. I should have it up tomorrow night with some before and after comparisons. I have to finish it up after I get off of work tomorrow, so hopefully by Wednesday midnight.

Tiger is the first on the vehicle mod list. If there is anyone else out there that would like to make their mods available at my site, please send e-mail and I'll get busy on the comparison pictures.

Thanks

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

Excelent site.

I particularly love the comparison screenshots.

BTW, as comments are rolling.

Your own Trees Mods are in fact linking to your Tree Bases Mods V2 in fact.

biggrin.gif

It's a great contribution to the community.

------------------

"PawBroon: Clinically Insane, also Clinically French, which is very bad as well."

Croda

Yet another CMBO site to visit now on a regular basis, and this one christened on Halloween no less! (And yes, your DNS link worked without a hitch for me.)

Good show, Garry. I grabbed a few things if you don't mind, Gunslinger's trees and especially your improved snow roads. I have a question re the Gunslinger stuff: I assume he has grass in there somewhere, so would I have to give up my grass grid if I copied his over to my BMP directory, or did he include a grid with his work? Hate to give up my grid. smile.gif

Good work my friend! You have done a wonderful job and the before and after pictures are a great help. I am the middle

man in the war of dark and light and like both. Just looking for that perfect combo. And this sight will help tremendously.

Mord.

To All

Thanks for the comments and pointing out any errors on the site. Helps a lot.

The biggest problem I found is not being compatible with Netscape. Figures MS would mess up on that "standard" thing. I use MS Front Page 98 and several times had to go into the HTML source itself and "fix" things. Now this!!! Geez, and all I wanted was something to speed the process up. Until I get it fixed for Netscape, consider it an IE site only. It will work with Netscape, but you get strange behavior and misplaced buttons. MS is still on the top of my most hated list.

PawBroon

Thanks! I fixed it and posted. Thanks for pointing it out. Appreciate it.

Tris

I don't think the Gunslinger mod includes a grass set with grids. Someone will have to take Gunslinger grass and the gridded grass and create a new set combining the work. Sorry.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost