Something that really should be said

For the last couple weeks, as I've been reading this forum, I've noticed something. A lot of the discussion is about how to improve CM, how much we wish we had it now, and so on. What doesn't get mentioned often enough, IMHO, (though I hope Steve and Charles still know it) is that these are really only minor things. What has been done, and is being done, with CM deserves a huge round of applause, appreciation, and thank-yous from all of us. So, I've started up this thread. To the makers of CM! Three cheers for BTS!

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Yes, great game ! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>A lot of the discussion is about how to improve CM, how much we wish we had it now, and so on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, I think this always happens when there is not sufficient input to a forum. The minds start to wander.Everything gets self-related. We should be distracted, e.g. by progress reports !

Regards, Thomm

I'm having more fun with the demo and those 3 scenarios than I have with many, many full-fledged products that I paid big bucks for.

Big Time Software is a class act all the way and I can't wait to see the fireworks erupt in the wargaming community when the game comes out. Great work guys!

p.

As a satisfied, long time, BTS customer all I can say is thanks for all the hard work! biggrin.gif

Every product I have purchased (all the BTS titles, I think) have been well done -- stable, immensely enjoyable and well supported.

CM is shaping up to be one of the best ever wargames, board or computer...and I am psyched! (What was Avalon Hill/Hasbro thinking! eek.gif )

Yes! biggrin.gif

I agree, BTS does a great job on all their games and

CM will no doubt be their crowning achievement.

After all, we're talking about the finest computer WWII

tactical land combat wargame on *earth*, that's saying

something. And Steve and Charles deserve tons of credit for

that. smile.gif

Who would have thought two guys could pull off beating all

the big game companies in not only the area of realism

(apparently that part's not all that hard to do wink.gif), *but*

also in the areas of sound quality, graphics quality,

interface quality, AI quality and, of course, the finest

customer support there is? But they are in fact doing all

these things as we write. It's quite an accomplishment. smile.gif

Now the only bad part is that once the game comes out

there are going to be roughly 12,000 posts a day here. smile.gif

And it's going to be almost impossible to keep up.

I wonder what the big companies will do when all their

"highly realistic" claims about their upcoming WWII tactical

wargames are rendered obsolete? smile.gif