Version 1.05 Update Available

Guest Big Time Software

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, speedy.

And might I tender a hearty 'right on'? I know you guys hear this a lot, but thanks. It's really nice to see a software company do things right.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 08-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

Sheesh. I never even downloaded 1.04.

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now Jason has probably more work than ever before to update his nifty Excel97 Unit Data Base!! :)

Now guys, I have not even received the game here in South Africa after ordering it in end of July! Never mind versions 1.0-->1.05.

I am collecting music CD's (read: CM patches

up to 1.05) before I'd receive the a music centre!!! (Read: THE GAME by the name called Combat Mission)

Patience is running thin, though me being in the wine trade is a virtue!!

Steve was gracious enough to replace the original ordered game after transit time was more than 20 days.

They consider this a lost game.

Thanks guys, but if I do not get this game in my hands SOON I will buy a plane ticket and fly to your damn State in the USA to collect it.

THIS IS EXCRUCIATING reading the fun here on the BB with only the Demo in my possession!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao.

Charl Theron

Stellenbosch, South Africa

Damn --- didna see that one coming.

And for those of you sure to ask:

v1.05 Readme (abridged)

* Units will NOT switch away from an ambush marker target just because they have been spotted by the enemy.

* Units area targeting a building which collapses and has no visible surviving enemy troops in the resulting rubble will cancel their area target.

* Buildings and bridges are labeled with "damage" or "heavy damage" when they've taken over 50% damage and the "Warning Labels" option is on. Additionally, they're listed with a '*' attached, like "light building*", or a '**' for heavy damage.

* JPz IV and JPz IV/70 now have a bow MG, but it's somewhat less effective at short (under 100m) range than a 'standard' bow MG due to its simplified and somewhat underprotected mounting.

* T8 Recon vehicle now first available in December 1944 (same as arrival of M24 Chaffee).

* Fixed a bug introduced in v1.04 that made some units with normally large ammo loads, in scenarios created with v1.03 or earlier, have ammo loads above 65000.

* Roads are never considered "slopes", in order to make mapbuilding easier and avoid the problem of vehicles not being able to traverse *roads* on steep grades.

* When a unit's last movement order is "rotate", and it tries to move through impassable terrain, the TacAI is no longer confused about the intended endpoint of the movement path if a new movement path must be calculated (bug fix).

* Victory Flags in a meeting engagement quick battle are more centered (to avoid giving one player too much of an advantage).

* In previous versions, the TacAI was less likely to fire vehicle heavy weapons at bailed crews, but wasn't as inhibited about wanting to fire the coax MG at them, which still caused the turret-swiveling-away-from-real-threats problem. So the coax MG has been "toned down" vs. crews like the main weapon (bug fix).

* TacAI code for a tank swiveling it's turret back to a forward position when it has no target is smarter. It will do so as default behavior except for a 2-3 minute period after the tank has targeted an enemy which had anti-armor capability and the tank is not moving or rotating (i.e; moving or rotating the tank will cause the turret to swivel back to forward even if the last target was an anti-armor threat).

* Large guns like the 88mm AT are allowed to use the rotation order (this was a bug).

Guest Shatter50

Now guys, I have not even received the game here in South Africa after ordering it in end of July! Never mind versions 1.0-->1.05.

Winecape I know how you feel. Seeing and reading all the fun others are having while sitting in wait for you own CM Bites. I haven't been waiting as long as you although it seems as long. I just e-mailed Steve about my order and he said in so many words keep my sorts on I had just orderd a few days ago.

THANKS STEVE FOR QUICK REPLY TO E-MAIL