Music to conquer by.

Hey this is most likely a dumb topic but what the hay. After reading the thread on how people got their names, I started wondering about gaming enviroment for CM.

I have to listen to music when I game and was wondering what other people use to put them in a "let's blow this up" mood.

I'm a little strange in musical taste.

I find CM goes really good with soft celtic music. Instrumental are my favs. Followed by anything in Irish or latin. For english Lyrics I'll go for some Eithne (Enya). Oh, and LOL I like the pipes too.

ok, so now I've removed all doubt that I'm a nut. Any comments? besides the obvious smile.gif

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I find the following suitable:

<LI>"The End" by the Doors is a good one.

<LI>"Painted Black" by the Rolling Stones is another good one.

Whoops! Wrong war, but who cares? tongue.gif

<LI>"Ride of the Valkyries" as SS_PzLdr suggested also works.

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning." biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 04-14-2000).]

I'm a child of Rock and Roll, I guess. The music of my childhood is what I listen to when playing solo (Gimme my Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, CCR, Ice-T, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.... I odn't understand the selection myself...).

When playing board games or hotseat, I have a couple friends who do what I do and play a chain of 1 appropriate movie sound track (Hunt for Red October, henry V, Patton, lawrence of Arabia, etc.), 1 Metallica CD (usually, occasionall a lesser light will play), and for some reason I then put on Rhapsody in Blue... Yes, Gershwin! I don't know why that formula seems to be ever present, but it does. Very ocasionally, the Gershwin gets replaced by a random usually classical oddity (Playing the Holst's Planets, etc).

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 04-14-2000).]

Mmmm. Rhapsody in Blue. If you like Gershwin, its worth picking up a copy of "The Gershwin Connection" by Dave Gruisin. It doesn't include Rhapsody in Blue, but its got some really great arrangements of some of Gershwin's other stuff.

------------------

--

Drew E. Harry

Moses Brown School

"This calls for a subtle combination of mathematics and extreme violence." - The Cube

Anything Tschiakovsky, especially the 1812 Overture! Wagner is also very good, or some John Williams pieces - "Duel of the Fates" is very appropriate.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Ethically, yes. But in all truth, I don't think anyone would mind. wink.gif

------------------

--

Drew E. Harry

Moses Brown School

"This calls for a subtle combination of mathematics and extreme violence." - The Cube

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Hey this is most likely a dumb topic but what the hay. After reading the thread on how people got their names, I started wondering about gaming enviroment for CM.

I have to listen to music when I game and was wondering what other people use to put them in a "let's blow this up" mood.

I'm a little strange in musical taste.

I find CM goes really good with soft celtic music. Instrumental are my favs. Followed by anything in Irish or latin. For english Lyrics I'll go for some Eithne (Enya). Oh, and LOL I like the pipes too.

ok, so now I've removed all doubt that I'm a nut. Any comments? besides the obvious smile.gif

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definately The Battle of Hoth from Empire Strikes Back.

Just love seeing my Shermans advance when "Guadalcanal March" is playing...

Also, "Master Alarm" from "Apollo 13" is good stuff when in a firefight situation. Naturally, though, I also listen to "A Bridge Too Far" a lot.

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

Try Liszt's 'Les Preludes - Poem No. 3 in C' at 2 min., 7 min., and 11 min. mark. This was used very often in German newsreels involving combat footage. http://www.prs.net/liszt.html

Wagner's 'Die Meistersinger von Nuremberg - Vorspiel' has the awe-inspiring feel of 'Pomp and Circumstances' and was also used often in newsreels.

'Die Walkure' preludes to acts 1 & 2 are also great for background music. http://www.prs.net/midi-t-z.html#WAGNER

Herr Jung

Guys, i need your opinion...

Yesterday i played LD from start to finish uninterrupted. It was the most vicious battle i've ever seen. There was no limit to the death and destruction. Vehicles exploded. Entire squads were cut to pieces by MG fire. Arms, legs, and heads were being hacked off and sent flying by mortar rounds. And worst of all, the screams of the wounded trapped inside a burning building were unbearable. And during all this the song "Its a small world after all" kept recycling over and over inside my head.

Am i going mad?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Would it be horrendously illegal to get MP3s of things like Colonel Bogey and other popular "CM-friendly music" and post them to CMHQ for you all to download?

Just wondering.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright everybody call the Fed's... oh damn they can't get'um in Ireland... and I know what the Garda are like Fionn .. looks like u will luck out this time.

How about some Britney Spears...

r u drive me crazy... the war fields hazy... if u don't stop it.. i'll use artillery..

or i was born to make u happy.. by leaving my defense line all gappy...

I'm all for "Burning Bridges," who wouldn't be with a nickname like this. smile.gif

I'll also throw in "Mars" from Holst's "The Planets," for consideration. Ominous stuff, ... although theme from "Jaws" might be good for when a Tiger is lurking about. biggrin.gif

------------------

I'm drinkin' wine, I'm eatin' cheese and catching some rays, you know. — Oddball

Swing music, daddio, Swing!

Not only just because it's period music, but because of that jumpin' beat!

Besides, there's just something about Glenn Miller's "In the Mood" and small-arms fire that goes well together...

-------------------------

"Woof! Woof! Woof! That's my other dog immitation". -- Oddball