We are out of stock (again)!

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Hello folks,

Sales of Combat Mission have been very good lately, so good that we've sold out our entire inventory for a second time. What surprised us was how quickly this happened.

Pretty soon after the initial release of CM we started revising the manual to correct various typos, rectify omissions, and properly document additional features introduced in the patches. When sales took off in the right direction (straight up!), we put our noses to the grindstone to get the manual revised and into production as soon as possible. We did this roughly a week and a half ago. Based on our then-current sales we figured we had about 4 weeks' worth of inventory when we handed off the revised manual to our printer. All seemed well until we had a nice, but somewhat badly-timed surprise...

Combat Mission was reviewed and HIGHLY praised in this month's PC Gamer (91% rating to be exact!). The good news is that this had a very desirable effect on sales; namely doubling them! The bad news is, the manual takes about 3 weeks to produce and get back into our warehouse. So our projected 4 weeks of remaining stock vanished in half the expected time, leaving us suddenly with an empty warehouse.

Although selling greater numbers than we expected is a GOOD thing, it does pose the short term problem of making some customers wait. We are very sorry about that and will get things put right again very soon. Please keep in mind that we're already well into the process of solving this problem and that new stock will arrive soon.

If you placed your order BEFORE you saw any "Backorder" notices, your order WILL SHIP WITHOUT DELAY. If you saw the notice, then your order is on "Backorder". Please, don't email us asking about your order's status because it really is this simple, and therefore you will not get a different answer from us.

If everything goes as it should, Combat Mission should be back in stock by August 4th.

Thanks for all the support!

Charles Moylan

Steve Grammont

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY! I ordered my copy on 25th July...

Does this mean I have to wait,,, or will my copy already be on its way...

BTS please reply...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

YES!

Huge Congrats to Steve and Charles

what a GREAT game

wishing you the VERY best with continued success smile.gif

Cheers!

-tom w

I guess I should change my signature file now that there is no more Stock a SECOND time!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 08-01-2000).]

At work, two of the people I work with have CM. Despite, all our talk about the great times we are having, we have this one coworker who just would not pull the trigger.

Then he reads the review, and tells us today that he is going to order the game if the demo works on his PC!

What is this world coming too, when you would rather trust a game mag. review over your coworkers views?!

Welcome to the CM world Andrew. You are going to love it.

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."

as always thank you for the game and congrats. By the way I'll be the first.

CM1 Beyond Operation Overlord

CM2 Barbarossa

CM3 Desert Rats!!!! (oh please!!!)

I know I am reaching but wouldn't you want to play Rommel.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks guys!

Simon's order actually landed ashore this weekend smile.gif

Joochen... read this again biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you placed your order BEFORE you saw any "Backorder" notices, your order WILL SHIP WITHOUT DELAY. If you saw the notice, then your order is on "Backorder". Please, don't email us asking about your order's status because it really is this simple, and therefore you will not get a different answer from us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,

Steve

You guys deserve each and every reward you get. Well done. You have revolutionized and revitilized the war gaming industry. You have made a lot of people realize how much fun wargamming can be. BTW, you oughta add the PC Gamers editors choice award to your web page along with all of the others.

TeAcH

IDF, I am an attonrey for the State of California, and yea, all the CM players in my office are like me, lawyers (disclaimer, we do not play the game in the office).

We do talk a lot about it, when the boss is not around....However, if he heard us, he would think it was about work, since he would hear about combat, and how we managed to take this or that position....

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."

Way to go, Steve and Charles. smile.gif I just knew the gamers wouldn't be able

to resist such an incredible wargame. smile.gif I'm still waiting to see CM

win "Wargame of the Year" from Computer Gaming World. smile.gif Have to

wait about 7 months for that, though... wink.gif

I have now convinced 6 of my friends to order it after I showed them a turn I saved. This turn has an artillery strike pounding some troops in the woods. Over 8 vehicles blowing up in one turn. A Flamethrower lighting buildings on fire. Two platoons locked in close combat, and a fully loaded Halftrack take a mortar round in the top, lighting on fire, killing everyone inside, and continually rolling down a hill. That turn is a game seller...Too bad I deleted it by accident.

This is my 30th, and last post as a Junior Member, or maybe my first a a Member. Anyway, I would just like to say congratulations and good work on an excellent product. It has come to mind that running out of stock may be the result of some "higher being" punishing those that did not order Combat Mission the moment they laid eye's on it. But I could be wrong smile.gif Thanks again guys.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

Holy ****!!! Lawers playing CM WOW I'm amazed!!

You people are the "cream" of society. I honestly would have thought you guys would be too educated to play games!! That you would rather read a text book or something like that.

I shouldn't talk I'm a Rabbi (not practising) from Sydney Aust and I also enjoy WW2 strategy games and think CM is excellent. Good on you guys enjoy!!

[This message has been edited by IDF (edited 08-01-2000).]

Hey, I'm a doctor, and one of my PBEM Buddy is a neuropsychologist. Sure we are the "cream of the society"... we get creamed all the time!

BTS, you guys deserve every bit of praise. I suspect my education is pretty much going to be tubed with all the CM I have been playing. Way to go!

Jonathan Windeler, MD

I gotta' get in on this.

BTS: You got what you deserved. I have been telling all my real world and online friends about the game, "selling like a mother". I believe in the game, the mission statement and the company behind it all. The work has paid off and I hope like hell the biggies take a little notice! At least to the fact that a piece of software CAN be bug free! I for one will remember, when SSI releases STEEL PANTHERS: THE COMBAT MISSIONS, who started this and what it meant. Congrats!

AND DON'T STOP NOW, BABY

I couldn't be happier for you guys. You deserve all praise and cashish that comes your way. Let me know a couple days before the intial IPO so I can have the cash ready.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 08-01-2000).]