Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMA scrubbed from Battlefront.com

So the community recently discovered that CMA has been completely scrubbed from the battlefront.com website. If you try to access the original page it says it no longer exists.

If you have previously purchased CMA, like me, then your order on the orders page no longer specifies what the $25 you spent went towards. And you cannot access your key nor a download link.

I highly doubt that there is a surprise CMA 2 release in the near future. So it’s quite concerning that you can longer access a product you paid for. Hope this gets addressed.

21 hours ago, Rice said:

So the community recently discovered that CMA has been completely scrubbed from the battlefront.com website. If you try to access the original page it says it no longer exists.

If you have previously purchased CMA, like me, then your order on the orders page no longer specifies what the $25 you spent went towards. And you cannot access your key nor a download link.

I highly doubt that there is a surprise CMA 2 release in the near future. So it’s quite concerning that you can longer access a product you paid for. Hope this gets addressed.

The link somehow got borked.  I'm still trying to sort out how and why. License keys should still be in accounts.

Anyone that needs a link can drop my a PM and I'll send a link. And if a key is needed I can dig them up in the back end too.

• 4 weeks later...

I have CMA installed on an older laptop and now I tried to de-license it there and install/license it on a new laptop.

The installation went without a problem, but I'm not able to de-license it on the older computer.
Either it says, there is no internet connection (which certainly is) or the de-license window disappears without doing anything (I can still play CMA on the older computer, so the de-licensing hasn't worked).

What am I doing wrong or what can I do to license it on my new laptop ?

Regards,
Martin

Edited by Manie_de

But I already have a working digital copy of CMA - why should I buy one again?

I also would have to buy an extern CD or Bluray drive for my Laptop to use the CD. 

The problem is with the unlicensing tool not working, so there should be a (cheaper) possibility to reset and refresh my license manualy. 

2 hours ago, Manie_de said:

The problem is with the unlicensing tool not working, so there should be a (cheaper) possibility to reset and refresh my license manualy. 

I thought BF said that if you already own the game they can find your license??   If not, then yes that sucks.

11 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

Can you apply the licence on the new machine?

No - it says "There are no licenses currently availabe for this License Key"

On my other computer the game still runs- so the license is valid, but can't get unlicensed.

Every time I hit the "Unlicense" button mouse cursor shows some sort of activity and then the whole window with the unlicensing program disappears.
And after that the game is still licensed.

Do I have to uninstall the game first ?

8 hours ago, Manie_de said:

So why is there a link in my Battlefront folder "Unlicense Combat Mission Afghanistan" ?
It leads to the "CM Afghanistan.exe -unlicense"

That should unlicense the game and free up an activation. If you aren't able to do it then open a ticket by sending an email to support@slitherine.co.uk. I will be able to reset your key or look it up for you if you don't have it. 

On 9/11/2024 at 8:03 AM, Manie_de said:

So why is there a link in my Battlefront folder "Unlicense Combat Mission Afghanistan" ?
It leads to the "CM Afghanistan.exe -unlicense"

I might have mis-spoken. Apparently CMA was never updated to BFCs post-unlicense scheme.

• 3 weeks later...

The download link and keys have disappeared from my order page, in fact it doesn't even show the purchase, I had to search my old e-mails to find the purchase date.

I bought it in the same order as Fire and Rubble released, and the BF order page now just shows a very expensive Fire and Rubble, which jumped from 40.78 inc VAT to 69.91.

BCFElvis are you now an official Slitherine support that can be reached at the support link?

On 9/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, Harry Speakup said:

The download link and keys have disappeared from my order page, in fact it doesn't even show the purchase, I had to search my old e-mails to find the purchase date.

I bought it in the same order as Fire and Rubble released, and the BF order page now just shows a very expensive Fire and Rubble, which jumped from 40.78 inc VAT to 69.91.

BCFElvis are you now an official Slitherine support that can be reached at the support link?

Yes, I am. I've been on vacation for a bit and will return tomorrow. If you send me your information via PM I should be able to hoof you up.

And, yes. I am doing support with Slitherine too.

Cheers for the reply Elvis. I found a download link (that still works!) and key in an old e-mail. The Fire and Rubble order plus CM Afghanistan seems to have generated 8 e-mails one of which had the link and key. I downloaded it and copied the key to a text file. The 1.03 patch I found via Google on a gaming website, Gamepressure, which I don't know is a legit link to the BF version, but scans as clean if I try Virustotal for good measure. Unfortunately fate has intervened and it looks like either the current laptop or the SSD is dying, since I'd had a few Blue Screens and intermittent refusals to boot or POST.

For the future, how long are activations likely to work before the game goes down the memory hole? Obviously Slitherine have no ties to it, so I can possibly see some point in the future where activations may stop working.

1 hour ago, Harry Speakup said:

For the future, how long are activations likely to work before the game goes down the memory hole? Obviously Slitherine have no ties to it, so I can possibly see some point in the future where activations may stop working.

I think the problem was that it was partly developed by a Russian company who no longer exist.  So it's not being offered for sale.  With no income likely I can't see Slitherine being interested in supporting it.

So...

Could it be released somehow for free circulation?  I doubt it as the legal side of the original agreement probably still governs and unless it's seen as some sort of demo for the wider series it doesn't help those with a tenuous commercial interest in it.  And being an old (but good) title doesn't really push the demo argument.

Happy to be wrong about all of this as it would be a shame to lose it.