PBEM ++ Guide?

34 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I'm sorry my friend, I feel I'm partly to blame for this 🫣.  Anyway, yes we're close to kicking off...

You may have had an influence. But I only have myself to blame for getting myself in so deep 😂. Anyway, I haven't had cause to regret it so far.

In other news, I'm also about to start a CW PBEM against @Ultradave.  I have never played CW, but as Dave put it 'it's what he trained for'.  Should I be worried 🫣?

I don't think we'll need to post an AAR, I already feel something in the air... artillery 😵‍💫.  And TOWs.

Edited by Vacillator

31 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

In other news, I'm also about to start a CW PBEM against @Ultradave.  I have never played CW, but as Dave put it 'it's what he trained for'.  Should I be worried 🫣?

I don't think we'll need to post an AAR, I already feel something in the air... artillery 😵‍💫.  And TOWs.

TOWs aren’t everything they’re cracked up to be. In my last battle I hit a T-64 four or five times in the front with TOWs and the darn thing never brewed and in fact, from my perspective,  seemed operational.

Good luck!

40 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

'it's what he trained for'.  Should I be worried 🫣?

Hmm, maybe. Especially if you've never played any of the modern or near-modern CM games before, and even more so if this is the era he's specifically trained for. I definitely felt some differences going from modern back to WW2, but I'm told the shock of going from WW2 to modern is much greater.

I'm guessing you're playing as the Soviets (presumably what Dave is "trained for" is fighting as the US)? You'll definitely want to watch out for the American artillery if that's the case. It's much more accurate and comes in much faster than WW2 artillery. And whichever side you're playing as, "effective ranges" are less of a concern than in WW2. Generally speaking if you can see it you can shoot it. That's definitely true of the fully modern titles, in which 1 shot 1 hit is almost a guarantee. In the Cold War you might encounter some distances in which your tanks might have a less than 50/50 chance of a first round hit. But you certainly won't encounter any distances in which the chance of a first round hit isn't dangerously high if you're on the receiving end (certainly won't get as low as a 10% chance of a first round hit).

Edited by Centurian52

33 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Thanks for the advice 👍.  I fully expect my good friend Dave to kick some, but I'll give it a go.  You never try, you never learn 😉.

think all the fundamentals are still more or less the same. So as long as you treat his tanks and ATGMs 2,000 meters away with the same degree of respect that you are used to treating tanks and ATGs with in WW2 at 500 meters I think you should do fine.

1 minute ago, Centurian52 said:

think all the fundamentals are still more or less the same. So as long as you treat his tanks and ATGMs 2,000 meters away with the same degree of respect that you are used to treating tanks and ATGs with in WW2 at 500 meters I think you should do fine.

All good points and armor is by no means safe from infantry considering the man-portable ATGM systems available to both sides, especially the Dragon.

There is no PBEM++ for Macs, only PCs. The Matrix/Slitherene versions are PC only. They are the same as the BF PC versions. The Mac version are the same with the exception you get them from BF only (Fine with me) and no PBEM++. But PBEM the dropbox way still works just fine.

Dave

I picked Czechmate with me as US. Gives him a lot of resources and I gave a few hints. It's also less of a long range tank duel, of which we've just played a couple WW2 versions of. This one has lots of woods and hills and I have a thin defense. 

Dave

12 hours ago, Bannon said:

TOWs aren’t everything they’re cracked up to be. In my last battle I hit a T-64 four or five times in the front with TOWs and the darn thing never brewed and in fact, from my perspective,  seemed operational.

Good luck!

wait for one that will penetrate the low front hull.