CM Final Blitzkrieg Tournament

• ChrisND changed the title to CM Final Blitzkrieg Tournament
43 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

I signed up for the tournament , but noticed on matrix it states "steam account    not linked" am I ok to play ? Im on the list of players but wondering does that have any affect on anything?

It shouldn't. All the PBEM++ turns run through the game itself, regardless of whether you're using the Steam or Battlefront or Matrix version.

• 2 weeks later...

How's this for weird......

In one of my battles we're fighting it out pretty hard. On the leaderboard it shows as 38-22.

The other shows at 0-0 because we've made no contact. It is the battle that I play as the Germans. We're 15 turns into the battle. I've taken 2 of the touch locations. No contact at all. Not even a sound contact. Not a single shot fired. 

12 minutes ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

I love those battles.

Recon and sneakin'.

We're down to 17 minutes left in the 35 minute battle. Still no sign of him. I've touched the next VL. I only have 1 more touch location. 

At this point I am guessing that he has either ammased all of his units in the rally location or done some math and figured that he'll win if he does nothing more than take 0 casualties.

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

We're down to 17 minutes left in the 35 minute battle. Still no sign of him. I've touched the next VL. I only have 1 more touch location. 

At this point I am guessing that he has either ammased all of his units in the rally location or done some math and figured that he'll win if he does nothing more than take 0 casualties.

Hope it's not the latter, too gamey for me.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:07 PM, BFCElvis said:

I've taken 2 of the touch locations

No points though?

I did a small night PBEM once where we interpreted the brief differently and never saw each other in the dark forest.  Not the most exciting of games 🤣.

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

he set up in the rear and conceeded the touch locations.

Sorry, I thought you read I am your opponent 🙂

Yes I redeployed to the rear from the start. I thought you had seen the smoke screen to cover my retreat, and I feared that you would immediately launch after me. I didn't anticipate that you would find out so late that I was gone, you won't have much time left to take the last objective. My area is easier to defend because all access routes are exposed. I don't know if I made the right choice because the Germans have good firepower, however the panzerfaust will be ineffective if I manage to keep them at a good distance.

For my part, playing the Germans, I don't think I can take the US rally zone, your right wing is holding up well and I'm running out of ammo.

(I'm tempted to use the pronoun "he" instead of "I" like Julius Caesar in "The Gallic Wars" 🏛️)

Edited by laurent 22

1 hour ago, laurent 22 said:

Sorry, I thought you read I am your opponent 🙂

Yes I redeployed to the rear from the start. I thought you had seen the smoke screen to cover my retreat, and I feared that you would immediately launch after me. I didn't anticipate that you would find out so late that I was gone, you won't have much time left to take the last objective. My area is easier to defend because all access routes are exposed. I don't know if I made the right choice because the Germans have good firepower, however the panzerfaust will be ineffective if I manage to keep them at a good distance.

For my part, playing the Germans, I don't think I can take the US rally zone, your right wing is holding up well and I'm running out of ammo.

(I'm tempted to use the pronoun "he" instead of "I" like Julius Caesar in "The Gallic Wars" 🏛️)

IT'S YOU!!!!! I am so happy to hear that. I looked to see if anyone had the handle that is used for the Martix site and didn't find a match. It's excellent to know that the person that is going to crush me is here.

57 minutes ago, laurent 22 said:

1st round finished!

Thank you @BFCElvis for these 2 battles which will be written in the history books, I will observe a minute of silence on the graves of your men in Colleville-sur-Mer in Normandy, an American cemetery not far from my home.

Great games. I really enjoyed them.....even though I lost both battles. I didn't get slaughtered as bad as I normally do and I'm thankful for that. 

Your strategy as the Americans was brilliant. I saw that you had 2 KIA and only 10 wounded. 

For anyone who saw my earlier puzzled post on my battle playing as the Germans. He let me roll untouched to all 3 Touch victory locations. It turned out he had all, but 1, unit in the Rally Location. I could not crack that even a little bit. And the 1 unit, a MG team, that wasn't there was in the stone farm house. I had tried to move a large healthy force across the field by the farmhouse to try and flank the Rally Location. The MG team stopped them dead. Most of the German units in this battle are Green and Conscript units. That gun held them all down. Brilliant.

EG.png

On 2/16/2024 at 3:59 AM, weapon2010 said:

my german opp  just surrendered ...........why? idk.........he was taking a beating , but no reason to surrender

I am sorry, I was your opponent; I was not going to able to play this round of the tournament as I had a job related occupancy I had to deal with and I forgot to withdraw before the deadline. I am sorry for the bad experience I have caused but I will able to play the other rounds. Sorry again.

• 4 weeks later...