CM Final Blitzkrieg Tournament

And regarding Round 2, which supposedly started today, I note that I have received no e-mails saying it is my turn.  I thought each of us got one turn to start.

EDIT

Never Mind, I fired up the game and I see my first turn.  I guess the e-mail did not get through.

Though some weird scenario conditions.  And really hot for midnight.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 225405.jpg

Edited by Andrew Kulin

20240211092009_1.thumb.jpg.e60cd6a0a0ae994a47d6c784e4a6616f.jpg20240211001930_1.thumb.jpg.f85dc6f065f5ddfb1e07d3ba0ce566e1.jpg

My US score is correct, but 916 points were taken away from my SS score for some reason, which is no small amount. I went from 1998 to 1082. I know there isn't anything tied to the results, but it is frustrating to have this problem happen again without any reason.

16 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

@Jackal2100 in the game that you lost points, did you complete the battle by clciking End and having the last file sent to your opponent? That's what it looks like on the leaderboard. It looks like you timed out and @Tyrandar got 1,000 points, instead of 162.

Yep, I hit end on both, and one was sent back. I still have the other final file in my inbox that is to be expected from the tournament.

Edit: This is the same problem I had with the last set of tournaments, and my guess it would be from some problem with the system not reading an opponent's surrender properly.

Edited by Jackal2100

• 2 weeks later...

We are about a quarter of the way through Round 2 and I see from the scoring there are four (of fifteen) games with overall 0-0 scores.  I have not heard a thing from my opponent (baldrick52) and have no way to contact him (I tried via Matrix and Slitherine forum messaging but both messages are stalled in the messaging outbox and never get shown as sent!).

Is there any way to poke Slitherine to send out e-mails to the players in at least the matches where scores for both games are 0-0 (which would suggest that nothing has yet started in those matches) to see where things stand with the players?  And asking if they plan to play or if they have dropped out?

• 3 weeks later...

***NEWS ALERT***** After a lot of testing I can officially say that if a battle is not played out to the end of "in game" allowed time it will not score properly. Both Surrenders and Ceasefires are affected. Those scores will display properly until the Round's time has ended. Then penalties that should not apply are applied. Battles fought through to the end of in game time will display the correct scores.

We're working to figure out if it is the severs or the game that is causing this. Until that's sorted out, I strongly recommend playing ALL battles out until the end. Even if it's just clicking the red square each time you get a file. *********

Games that are not completed before a Round is finished can and should have penalties applied.