Any news on the upcoming module?

Again, he can't say anything if Matrix/Slitherine doesn't want him to. It's "their" product now, at least when it comes to the Steam releases. I opened this thread because I hoped that they simply forgot to tell us (not as unlikely as you might think considering how it usually works with them) or Steve is actually allowed to say something if somebody asks. Apparently this isn't so. No need for bashing Steve here. As I've explained already, I think Battlefront does perfect marketing for the fans. It might not be fancy streams on Twitch or Youtube (in which you actually learn nothing) but just plain old announcements on their main page. There you learn about patches, pre-orders and upcoming titles.

I also don't think Battlefront has to market the game "beyond [their] base". If you go on wargaming forums (on Reddit, on Blitz, on Steam) Combat Mission pops up every. single. time. as the epitome of tactical wargames. Steam releases are doing the rest. You can "market" games like this only so much. The wider your reach gets, the more people will jump in and call the graphics ugly and "like 2005" and "don't buy". What I am saying is: at a specific point of reach, marketing might be reversing itself. IF people are looking for computer wargames, they will stumble upon Combat Mission rather sooner than later. No need to spend $$$ on marketing.

Now... Having release dates is of course another matter, as I've explained above. Then again, we actually do have a release date, and at least for the last 3 Steam releases the given dates turned out to be correct. All I wanted to know was if the release is right around the corner or more like January. And since I got no response, I now know that they don't wanna tell us, and I am kinda ok with that.

2 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Hmmm… Criticism was not directed towards lack of marketing, It was against the lack of COMMUNICATION towards the fanbase…

Getting announcement only once a… YEAR, it's really not much… 😪

I agree. But at least 2 posts were complaining about a lack of marketing and saying that it is all (everything and everything) Steve's fault...

PS: to be fair, I was the one who brought in the term "marketing" but a few people answered on that term saying that BFC sucks at it.

Edited by Sunbather

I look at comms to your base as a significant part of marketing regardless.  I'm not sure anyone expects a multi-domain and multi-media campaign for every release.  But a key component of marketing as a concept is basic communications to customers and some place to point prospective customers to.  There is a very obvious lack of that basic foundation of marketing.  And BFC has stated that Slitherine has no say in what is released on BFC.com or when.

And then there is basic customer service of letting existing customers know what is happening.  Even Graviteam gives basic updates periodically.

56 minutes ago, Sunbather said:

saying that it is all (everything and everything) Steve's fault...

I has been mentioned several times by other BFC (BFC assosiated) people that they need Steves permission in order to comment on things going on...So a lot of the blaim for lack of communications obviously falls on him...

3 hours ago, Sunbather said:

I think Battlefront does perfect marketing for the fans.

If this is your wiewpoint...You are certainly easy to please.

24 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

I look at comms to your base as a significant part of marketing regardless.  I'm not sure anyone expects a multi-domain and multi-media campaign for every release.  But a key component of marketing as a concept is basic communications to customers and some place to point prospective customers to.  There is a very obvious lack of that basic foundation of marketing.  And BFC has stated that Slitherine has no say in what is released on BFC.com or when.

And then there is basic customer service of letting existing customers know what is happening.  Even Graviteam gives basic updates periodically.

I agree with this !

53 minutes ago, IanL said:

This thread seems to be evidence that some do. :D

The calm before the storm, @IanL, we will receive updates for all the CM created untill now, patches will raining on our desktops, that we cannot manege all in one time, and BFC, knowing that, was taking mesures to respond of all ours requests that will come soon, and be armored to have the correct answer this is why the time is so long not because there is nothing ready... plus the new CMFB Module, finally the British are not far away...sight !

Edited by JM Stuff

45 minutes ago, IanL said:

This thread seems to be evidence that some do. :D

To me it rather shows that some people here would apprisiate if Steve could spend a fraction of his 'free time' that he spends in the ukraine thread to instead communicate with the community on other topics...

Surely answering a few questions would not require a monumental effort on his part...'working' or not. 

IMO that would be a sign of goodwill and respect towards his customers..

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe somebody HAS achieved that goal.

How very dare you say that about me Phil! 

No wait, you were referring to certain other folk at a certain software company.  About which I would not know.

As for your good self we will never know the ratio as CM is not 'work' for you, although you get through an awful lot of work on it.  And long may that continue my friend...

On 12/10/2023 at 10:37 PM, CarlXII said:

To me it rather shows that some people here would apprisiate if Steve could spend a fraction of his 'free time' that he spends in the ukraine thread to instead communicate with the community on other topics...

Surely answering a few questions would not require a monumental effort on his part...'working' or not. 

IMO that would be a sign of goodwill and respect towards his customers..

I call out to Him in the darkness. But it's as if there were no news about this game.

Steve: Perhaps there isn't any news.

the-seventh-seal-1.jpg

On 12/11/2023 at 12:57 AM, Jarosak said:

On 12/11/2023 at 12:41 AM, Jarosak said:

It is good place ( ukraine topic) where so called intelligent people think they know everything and it is also the place where you will not find many of them trust me haha just my observation 

What makes you think that? I'm on that thread everyday. I've seen some less than accurate remarks, But no sign of unintelligent remarks that aren't called out by other posters.

Edited by Splinty

1 hour ago, Splinty said:

What makes you think that?

Hey buddy. It is hard to resist I know. Forum SOP: Don't feed trolls.

I suggest to block people like him. I use the blocking option now for over 20 people on the forum. It just saves stress.

By the way, BFC UKRAINE THREAD needs no defense. It is of course a mixed bag but all the posts could be lashed together for a damn PhD thesis.

"Changing views on the Ukraine-Russia conflict of 2022~202X."

My words to Splinty were not to restrict what you or anybody can say here.

I just offered my 2 cents SOP to deal with stuff that might get under his skin. He doesn't have to follow it of course. 

Steve will probably post his bones thread in January 2024 and then we see what he decides to share about what they got to and what they didn't get to and all that yada yada yada. 

And I retract the word troll from my advice.

Hey buddy. It is hard to resist I know. Forum SOP: Don't feed trolls. Don't let yourself fall into an "argument loop" based on your feelings about somebody's post.

Edited by kohlenklau