HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

@Kohlenklau

Given these wonders you are creating, making excellent 3D models of the Pz 35t and Pz 38t is a matter of the next few days 🙂 The donors of the mechanics can be older and newer versions of the Stuart. The Pz 38t chassis also exists in CM in the form of the Hetzer.

7 hours ago, Suchy said:

@Kohlenklau

Given these wonders you are creating, making excellent 3D models of the Pz 35t and Pz 38t is a matter of the next few days 🙂 The donors of the mechanics can be older and newer versions of the Stuart. The Pz 38t chassis also exists in CM in the form of the Hetzer.

and of Marder III.

But no 35(t) chassis around.

14 hours ago, Suchy said:

Pz 35t and Pz 38t

Making the shell is one thing. Finding where to host it can be really tricky. There are only so many slots. Worse then as a scenario is designed. It gets even trickier to have conflicts between axis and allies for who is allowed on the stage at the same time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am headed out in a few hours on a 1 week trip to Europe to see a few tank museums and drink alcohol with forum buddies. BFC has (not) funded my trip to do research for their new early war title...

QUESTION FOR ANYBODY/EVERYBODY. In CMFI, the Italian tank crews have their leather helmet, they also have in the files, the leather helmet with feathers for Bersaglieri vehicle crews. HAS ANYBODY SEEN THAT WORN AND WHAT FORMATION AND WHAT VEHICLE? Thanks

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

I am headed out in a few hours on a 1 week trip to Europe to see a few tank museums and drink alcohol with forum buddies. BFC has (not) funded my trip to do research for their new early war title...

Have a nice trip.

And not too much Calvados! 😉

5 hours ago, PEB14 said:

Calvados

A buddy of mine from the navy scored a job at the Omaha Beach cemetery. His gifts to me included a bottle of Calvados and an expended .50 cal casing stamped 1943 that he had found on the beach. Old and rusted away. But now in my collection of stuff. 

Bottle of Calvados long since drained dry. Powerful stuff.

13 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

A buddy of mine from the navy scored a job at the Omaha Beach cemetery. His gifts to me included a bottle of Calvados and an expended .50 cal casing stamped 1943 that he had found on the beach. Old and rusted away. But now in my collection of stuff. 

Bottle of Calvados long since drained dry. Powerful stuff.

Have nice trip Phill, ...so you revealed us a little your retired time soon, tasting Calvados with some Navy friends...

For Phill's mod France 1940 with the battle of Stonne:

I reworked the camouflage from the textures of BF.c and Aris, I didn't redo everything. The camouflage of the "Indochine" tank roughly represents his historical model. The tags of the "Eure" tank reproduce those of the meager documentation I had, but its camouflage is not faithfully reproduced, sorry... In the probably distant future, I will completely repaint the tank with Blender (which I have done in part), but I am not yet familiar with this application (you can make a class action for visual aggression and obtain consequential damages, I will plead guilty...).

View BF.c (Indochine):

https://www.mediafire.com/view/siyggo0dmw184k2/B1_1940_aris.jpg/file

View (Eure):

https://www.mediafire.com/view/fg4tnk9f0b0i8fp/B1_Eure.jpg/file

Zip Indochine:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ri8lep2xexj93p2/B1_1940_Aris.zip/file

Zip Eure:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m5gxw9ispdg07yd/B1_1940.zip/file

Merci Laurent. I like them.

I am boarding the ferry soon and will be in France later this afternoon.

I saw the Bovington Char B1 bis and in a few days I will examine the one at Saumur. Maybe at Saumur I can get better documentation for Eure. 

Talk to you soon!

~Phil

We went yesterday a lovely road trip by "Dacia" to Saumur. @Falaise avec his 2 sons. For privacy I will not give their names but they were wonderful young chaps age 14 and 16 with excellent knowledge of history and tanks. We laughed and got along very well. A memory worth a lot to me.

But I saw only one book on Stonne. It was in French only so I did not purchase. A different tank than Eure. It had a light blue upper surface on the turret. The rest was 2 shades of green I think. I should have been cheeky and photographed the page!

https://www.chars-francais.net/2015/index.php/14-classement-individuel/char-b/224-337-eure

http://panzerserra.blogspot.com/2014/02/char-b1-bis-part-01.html?m=1

Edited by kohlenklau

FRANCE 1940! Where am I with this? I have gone off on vacation for quite a while. :D

In the background, I am working with @JM Stuff on a Belgian sub-mod with the famed Chasseurs Ardennais. A pack of maybe 5 small scenarios during the first days of the campaign 10 May 1940 near Bodange. JM loses his cherry on his first ever map and first ever scenario. We must cheer him on! This will not be ready until later this fall I predict.

I have a few tasks to fix things on the Char B1 bis and the Panzer I and Panzer II. 

The Gold Pack needs a fair bit of work. None of the scenarios are ready.

Anybody want to write a France 1940 scenario?

volunteer.png

23 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

FRANCE 1940! Where am I with this? I have gone off on vacation for quite a while. :D

In the background, I am working with @JM Stuff on a Belgian sub-mod with the famed Chasseurs Ardennais. A pack of maybe 5 small scenarios during the first days of the campaign 10 May 1940 near Bodange. JM loses his cherry on his first ever map and first ever scenario. We must cheer him on! This will not be ready until later this fall I predict.

I have a few tasks to fix things on the Char B1 bis and the Panzer I and Panzer II. 

The Gold Pack needs a fair bit of work. None of the scenarios are ready.

Anybody want to write a France 1940 scenario?

volunteer.png

Just recieve some help she is beautiful but hmm !! wait a minut, !!!  when we meet her she was in civilian clothes, this picure is from the english intelligence services, no doubt she is from the other side, probably a spy !...2 maps will be to you, available soon, working nice so far with beautifuls trees...

68soOXZ.png

Edited by JM Stuff

This is super hilarious to admit but I am going to paraphrase BFC to describe my current headache!

I am stuck between using my limited time and effort to either produce new content (scenarios maybe a campaign I hope) or develop the features (Blender mods and textures for new vehicles or troops). 

If I make the mods but nobody makes a scenario then we have a problem.

I take a long time in Blender because I am an amateur. 

Maybe a mix is best? Yes, I think a mix is the best choice.

So, I guess I will focus 80-20 for content-features. 80% for scenario work. 20% for Blender.

And yesterday after a long pause I have gone back into my dining room project. It did feel really good. I rigged and installed 4 electrical boxes. It was a "no PC day"...! 

I am not retired, not semi-retired - but just dialed back significantly from CM hobby creative efforts.

All deadlines and estimated delivery dates are hereby rescinded and cancelled. 

I will just release it when it is ready. That sounds oddly familiar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in progress making a map for the below scenario. An ASL scenario written by Lionel Colin. I played it in VASL against @Heinrich505 and I think it can translate over nicely to the CMFI France 1940 Mod.

A Real Barn Burner 

Bois-Du-Seuil Farm near Amagne, France 1940-05-31 

Overview:

In contrast to their comrades to the west, the French Aisne River front held firm against the German attacks in May. The 14éme division d’infanterie, one of the best French units, manned the front near Rethel. On 30 May, a reconnaissance in force was launched by its 35th Regiment toward the village of Amagne held by the Germans. This attack was successful in pushing back the Germans, and afterwards the French retired to their starting positions south of the Aisne River except for a platoon commanded by Lieutenant Gehin, which remained concealed in an isolated farm. The goal was to lure the Germans into thinking the area was empty of French troops and catch them off-guard in an ambush. The plan worked well initially but the German were soon launching an attack on the farm with two infantry companies, supported by a light AT gun. The barn caught fire, and the fight lasted all night. The morning of 31 May found the encircled platoon still stubbornly repulsing German attacks. At noon, the French launched an attack by 3éme Compagnie to try to rescue the last elements of Gehin’s platoon.
Attacker: French (35ème Regiment d'Infanterie, 14ème Division d'Infanterie)
Defender: German (Infanterie-Regiment 184, Infanterie-Division 86)  
Edited by kohlenklau

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

the goal...we'll see

Reduce the size of the Crusader iii or the Cromwell from cmbn and you have already a good silhouette !

Just adjust the correct size gun from a Humber or Daimler or whatever medium size and you are ready 😉

Exemple was a joke ;)

Edited by JM Stuff