FB new module

6 hours ago, simovitch said:

I'm hoping to find enough time soon to start a CMFB series on Patton's Lorraine battles. I have all the topo and research from producing Command OP's (as yet to be released) "Bradley at Bay" scenarios but I just need the time and inclination to start in. I'm surprised there are only a smattering of battles from this campaign available for CM.

This could be a nice campaign, I saw in the past some  tanks all along the road from Lorraine to Alsace,  with many many bunkers close to the door of Germany...

Edited by JM Stuff

12 hours ago, simovitch said:

I'm hoping to find enough time soon to start a CMFB series on Patton's Lorraine battles. I have all the topo and research from producing Command OP's (as yet to be released) "Bradley at Bay" scenarios but I just need the time and inclination to start in. I'm surprised there are only a smattering of battles from this campaign available for CM.

Yeah, I'm surprised there are very few Oct-Nov Battles/Campaigns in CMFB...I guess BF decided to concentrate Scenarios from the Bulge time frame. 

Edited by JoMac

Circling back to the Lorraine battles, I finally looked into the Scenario Editor for CMFB and the chronology starts in October 1944, so I will be doing these for CMBN for September 1944. I haven't done a CM scenario since the old CM1 days with Steve Overton and his "Historical Scenario Group". Bitmap overlays for the map editor and elevation auto-interpolation! That will save some time indeed.

• 5 weeks later...

A while back I read that the German marines that defended against the British at the Aller and Weser were actually partly equipped with this unusual gun:

PAW600 8cm 1.jpg

This was the next (and last step) in Germany's quest for making light-weight, high penetration AT guns, after the mid war squeeze bore type projects failed due to missing materials (tungsten). Basically it fired a modified 8cm mortar round at low velocity to knock out tanks with the HEAT principle. It was quite cheap and maneuverable like older, lighter PAK models. Drawback was the relatively low range. Due to the new system, it was not actually called a "PAK", but a "PAW 600" for "Panzerabwehrwerfer".

Not many were made, but in my view it could be a cool addition to the late western front module.

Edited by Ts4EVER