Cold War Holiday Tournament!!!

BFCElvis

We are pleased to announce the first Combat Mission Cold War full Tournament! The Tournament will begin Wednesday December 21st at 5pm GMT. You can join the Tournament anytime between now and when it begins.

This Tournament will feature 3 rounds with 3 different scenarios. 2 of these scenarios are new and have been created specifically for this Tournament.

Round 1: Jazreel Junction : Is a 35 minute meeting engagement at the Company Team level US vs Soviet June 1979

Round 2: All Quiet On The Eastern Front Tournament: Is a medium sized 35 minute meeting engagement set on 6th September 1981 between Soviet FSE and US task force advancing to contact.

Round 3: Hunter and Prey: Is a small 30 minute battle. It is a Soviet armor attack on a US convoy

Before joining the tournament, please take a moment and carefully read these instructions that are specific to all Combat Mission Tournaments!!!

-          Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game files have an in game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the US side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be left blank. You can use a password for the Russian side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.

-          The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should have 2 files.

- Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM" drop menu under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has sent you turns. 

- You will need a Matrix user name and password to play any tournament (or PBEM++ battle). If you don't have one already you can get one here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/login

56 minutes ago, dkchapuis said:

how many days allowed for each battle?

edit - i found the answer on the maxtrix forum - 33 days

Yup. 33 days per round. That means that the first 2 round there will need to be a few days where the players play more than 1 turn. But it's basically a 1 turn a day pace.

14 minutes ago, MeatEtr said:

Crap, think I accidentally left the tourney. I thought I was clicking on view scores to see the matchups. But appears this was a new Leave button, don’t recall this being there before. Would have been nice if there was a confirmation pop up. Anyway you can undo this @BFCElvis?

It looks like you may have and no, there isn't any mechanism for adding players once things have started. I saw that red Leave button too and resisted clicking until it changed to Scores

42 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Will the scenarios be released to the community after the tournament?

I don't see any reason why not. Maybe not in some official way but I can definitely see putting them up...maybe in this thread even. Neither of the new battles have AI orders. So, they would be for H2H play only.

It looks like I got @George MC for the 1st round. 

17 minutes ago, MeatEtr said:

Crap, think I accidentally left the tourney. I thought I was clicking on view scores to see the matchups. But appears this was a new Leave button, don’t recall this being there before. Would have been nice if there was a confirmation pop up. Anyway you can undo this @BFCElvis?

I spoke too soon!!!!!!! I was able to add you back! In the back end system I can see a list of players. Everyone had a green box with an X in it except you. I clicked on the box and BOOM. You're in again!

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

It looks like you may have and no, there isn't any mechanism for adding players once things have started. I saw that red Leave button too and resisted clicking until it changed to Scores

I don't see any reason why not. Maybe not in some official way but I can definitely see putting them up...maybe in this thread even. Neither of the new battles have AI orders. So, they would be for H2H play only.

It looks like I got @George MC for the 1st round. 

So Mr Elvis, we meet again! :)

19 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I got matched up with RooksAndKings, not known on this forum for what I know.

I don't know them either. 

13 minutes ago, jheinrichk said:

first tourney here.  i got the email telling me that i'll be notified when it's my turn...

You should have your first turn in your In Progress box. When it starts every player gets at least that. Once you've played that your opponent will have 2 turns waiting for them. But you definitely have 1 now.....Although it is only setting up the Red password that you don't even need.

4 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I got one email that said I would be notified again when it is my turn, and when I go to the section you stated I get some kind of log in register window and not a list of turns. Should I wait for another email or fill out the register thing to gain access to my turn?

No need to wait. The turn is there. Login and you'll see it. That is what connects you to the Matrix server so that the turn(s) can be displayed. 

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I spoke too soon!!!!!!! I was able to add you back! In the back end system I can see a list of players. Everyone had a green box with an X in it except you. I clicked on the box and BOOM. You're in again!

Awesome thanks buddy! 👍

Looks like I’m playing @cargol in the first rd.