CMBN, CW. Looking for a QB or sumfink

Boo Radley

Tis I, Boo Radley, Assistant Emergency Back Up Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread (Long may she wave!)

Former Squire of Croda of the Nefarious Legions, of the House JD Morse!

I have fought against the likes of Joe Shaw, Berligtingen, Peng Hisself, and Squired Nidan 1 (RIP)

I challenged the Legendary Emrys (But he didn't like to play humans, so what can you do?)

I'm just getting back into the swing of things, haven't played in ages and am relearning the game. So far, I've lost the last three games, so there's that to look forward to.

Anybody up for a QB?

6 minutes ago, Boo Radley said:

I want to see if I still want to play before I drop some more cash into it.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised by the sheer amount of content that people have put out since the CMBN days. CM is not really what it used to be. The MG pack is a good example of the kind of quality that went into further releases. You get like 10, really well done master maps in that particular pack. And in my opinion having a large stable of maps will breathe plenty of new life into your games. Battling in the hedgerow is only so fun.

16 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Why wait, just do it?  You know you want to, right...?

And I'll also give you a game if you're stuck.  A Peng legend is not to be sniffed at.  Or is it?

Don't get them started.  Take it from one who was there...back then.  I actually went to the CMBB preview at Rune's house and met Jason K there.  That was back in the dark ages.  

Seriously, @Boo Radley , grab the "All in One" modpack for BN.  It's chock full of scenarios and campaigns that have been released over the years.  Plus the rest or the modpack is amazing.  I use the appropriate one for all the titles.

This is from @37mm , well worth the download.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/izmk6muctniv5/Combat_Mission

14 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Why wait, just do it?  You know you want to, right...?

And I'll also give you a game if you're stuck.  A Peng legend is not to be sniffed at.  Or is it?

NEVER sniff a Knight!

This goes doubly (if not triply) for a Knight like Boo!

Legends age into myths and I distinctly recall Boo's "learning the game" excuses back in the day.

Now Boo is slower than most (and I should know, as the blessed honour of Squiring me was granted to him) but just how many decades should it really take for anyone to learn that "selecting every unit & giving them fast forward orders" is not the optimal way to play CM?

Still, seeing this once adequate Knight of the glorious Cesspool reduced to wandering around the outerboards begging for a sympathy game, troubles me.

It's not roight & proper!

I, Sir Sir Sir 37mm, The Leading Light of the House of JD Morse, Thrice denied Ex-Messiah of the Mutha Beautiful Thread, Show trial Prosecutor for Opus Dei, Last Knight Standing, Leader of Heaven & Earth, Lord of All in One & Breaker of Games do grant you Sir @Boo Radley the prestigious privilege of being schooled, by me, in the fine art & traditions of Combat Mission.

The course will be as tough as my frontal armour, as arduous as my machine gun fire & as stressful as my HE rain but, perhaps, these lessons will sink in better than those personal hygiene tips I once gave you.

Edited by 37mm

5 hours ago, 37mm said:

NEVER sniff a Knight!

(Boring nonsense SNIPPED because i wanted to)

I, Sir Sir Sir 37mm, The Leading Light of the House of JD Morse, Thrice denied Ex-Messiah of the Mutha Beautiful Thread, Show trial Prosecutor for Opus Dei, Last Knight Standing, Leader of Heaven & Earth, Lord of All in One & Breaker of Games do grant you Sir @Boo Radley the prestigious privilege of being schooled, by me, in the fine art & traditions of Combat Mission.

(More nonsense SNIPPED because it's fun!)

(Raises one shaggy eye brow, derisively)

You call that a challenge, Lad?

Egads, how you do drone on. Been taking elocution lessons from Hiram, have you?

I've been challenged by the likes of Peng, Seanachai, Berli, OGSF (I think... with his accent it's hard to tell if he's challenging you or gargling broken glass), MrSpkr, and Elvis, and all these men STOMPED upon the earth!

Sigh... but I guess this is what happens when you have a latch-key Squire. You try to teach them to raise their sword high, but when they do, they end up sticking it into a light socket.

Sad, really.

You can send me a set up, lad. Attack, Defend or ME. Do you prefer Drop Box or E-mail?

1 minute ago, FlammenwerferX said:

Hey Boo.

Your pfp makes you look like a twat...So good choice that.

*BOOT!!*

Serfs should remember to bold the name of their "betters" even if, as in Boo's case, that means agonizingly stretching & twisting the definition of the word.

An email will be sent... soon-ish.

4 hours ago, 37mm said:

*BOOT!!*

Serfs should remember to bold the name of their "betters" even if, as in Boo's case, that means agonizingly stretching & twisting the definition of the word.

An email will be sent... soon-ish.

Is he one of yours? Dear Gawd, it's worse that what I imagined. 

It's like... watching an episode of Sesame Street, but with the puppets replaced by sessile molluscs.

9 hours ago, Boo Radley said:

Is he one of yours? Dear Gawd, it's worse that what I imagined. 

It's like... watching an episode of Sesame Street, but with the puppets replaced by sessile molluscs.

Although I did indeed raise him to Serfdom during a particuarly severe bout of reckless & shameful inebriation, it should be remembered that a Serf is considered to be the property of the whole Cesspool... he's ours now.

Although, to be fair, his simplistic observations can be surprisingly accurate... "Boo is a twat" sounds almost poetic.

Shouldn't your infantile scratchings and expectorations be confined to an appropriate venue, say, how about a thread dedicated to challenges and witty banter (not that what you lot have been exchanging can be considered witty). We could have rude and curmudgeonly personalities such as @Joe Shaw and @Seanachai pop in now and then to dispense their sage wisdom (or whatever passes for it these days). We could have a rank and title structure. It would be grand. Maybe we could call it something clever, like The Peng Challenge Thread?

On 10/6/2022 at 11:22 PM, ng cavscout said:

Shouldn't your infantile scratchings and expectorations be confined to an appropriate venue, say, how about a thread dedicated to challenges and witty banter (not that what you lot have been exchanging can be considered witty). We could have rude and curmudgeonly personalities such as @Joe Shaw and @Seanachai pop in now and then to dispense their sage wisdom (or whatever passes for it these days). We could have a rank and title structure. It would be grand. Maybe we could call it something clever, like The Peng Challenge Thread?

Like many people, I've often considered ng Cavscout to be one of the Cesspools slowest, most short-sighted & dim-witted members... however he does have the very fine trait of being an easy win.

Three cheers to the Mutha Bootiful Threads best ever sport!

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

Like many people, I've often considered ng Cavscout to be one of the Cesspools slowest, most short-sighted & dim-witted members... however he does have the very fine trait of being an easy win.

Three cheers to the Mutha Bootiful Threads best ever sport!

"Puts on coke bottle glasses" I am, at the worst, medium witted you buffoon.

1 minute ago, ng cavscout said:

*snip* " I am, the worst" *snip*

Buffoon

"In the United Kingdom the term is used more broadly, to refer to such people who are retained in popular regard but who nevertheless engender amusement with their pronouncements and acts."