THIS GAME WAS RELEASED 2021 WHY M113 THERMAL BUG NOT FIX ?

Artkin

17 minutes ago, Artkin said:

The game has been out for a year and a half. How is this game BREAKING bug not fixed? V1.05

What the ****?

I thought it had been fixed?

Regarding the delay in bugfixes, CMSF2 has been out for quite some time, and the TOW LAV still has a non-functional thermal imager which renders it all bus useless.

Edited by Grey_Fox

This bug was squashed??

It just happened to me for at least 3 turns. M113s engaging me while theyre inside kriegsburg, I have the place surrounded, dropping 2 fire missions on the place. 1 was 420 rounds of 122mm and the other was 100 rounds of 120mm smoke. The place looks like a hurricane on a weather map. Yet I have soldiers who are trying to bound in the fields getting chopped down by .50 only, through huge clouds of smoke. I must have over 200 eyes watching this place and I'm getting unknown .50 fire through the smoke. 

I've played the game long enough to know something isnt right here. I havent asked for my opponents turn, but this is certainly not the first time I've ran into this bug personally. 

Wtf. 

2 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

Regarding the delay in bugfixes, CMSF2 has been out for quite some time, and the TOW LAV still has a non-functional thermal imager which renders it all bus useless.

It appears the 113’s got the thermos meant for the LAV’s. Poor Marines always last in line for equipment upgrades.

The bug report did note that "all" M2 .50 machine guns in the game were affected. So the issue was accurately reported even if not every affected unit was listed by name.

49 minutes ago, Artkin said:

A+ to the testers who never figured this one out. I really hope you're not paying these people.

Then you'll be happy to know that aside from getting a free copy of the game to test we are not paid anything for finding/reporting bugs.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

1 hour ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

Then you'll be happy to know that aside from getting a free copy of the game to test we are not paid anything for finding/reporting bugs.

Why would that make me happy? The games have a lot of bugs, and it's really easy to write them off while you play.

Bug squashers should be recieving more compensation somehow, a free game is nice but apparently not enough incentive to have them playing the games, finding oddities, reporting them, and then making sure they are totally killed off.

This is a game breaking bug that found its way into the original patches, and still exists a year and a half later. And this was the premier Steam release too. That is shameful and extremely sloppy work for a paid release. 

The game I'm playing against is a tester. Not taking shots but proving a point... there have been plenty of times I've written bugs off too, but by now I've had my fill. 

Has anyone seen the infantry sitting outside 1st floor doorways bug? It happens very often in cmrt. 

Or how "conscript" german heavy armored cars (8x8 will bog faster than sdkfz 222) bog way too quickly on very dry surfaces (grass and lesser, never tried on pavement, stone or similar tiles) in cmrt, and probably other titles.

Hey you also got the Sdkfz 251 mortar halftrack bug where when a couple mortarmen are killed inside the vehicles then they become totally redundant, unable to fire at all. 

@BFCElvisThis one you will remember. In CMCW you have to relog after you send a turn. I just created a quick battle and sent it through automated pbem++. I had to log in. Fine, logged in and then it returned me to the main menu. Now I go to saved games... pbem+... I have to log in again. Nice. I think what happened around the tournament time is I sent the tournament turn, and then had to log in again when I was searching for the second turn. Something like that. So indeed, you do have to log in every time for Pbem+.

Edited by Artkin

58 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Bug squashers should be recieving more compensation somehow, a free game is nice but apparently not enough incentive to have them playing the games, finding oddities, reporting them, and then making sure they are totally killed off.

Well, BFC has not done a bug fixing patch (aside from PBEM++ issues) in a long time, so we can write reports until our fingers bleed and it doesn't matter until they do. As someone who also plays the game for fun I share your frustration, but I have faith it will happen. Eventually 😉

I sure hope they do. I've whined about bugs like the 85mm 52k anti-air gun from cmrt firing at the base, and that was fixed in CMFR I think. None were as game breaking as this, so I hope this gets the special treatment. We have also been deprived of new content for too long, so it's about time we get a new round of virtual stuff.

41 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I sure hope they do. I've whined about bugs like the 85mm 52k anti-air gun from cmrt firing at the base, and that was fixed in CMFR I think. None were as game breaking as this, so I hope this gets the special treatment. We have also been deprived of new content for too long, so it's about time we get a new round of virtual stuff.

Not having a good day my friend?  I realise I may be risking the latter part of that 😬.

15 hours ago, Artkin said:

This one you will remember. In CMCW you have to relog after you send a turn. I just created a quick battle and sent it through automated pbem++. I had to log in. Fine, logged in and then it returned me to the main menu. Now I go to saved games... pbem+... I have to log in again. Nice. I think what happened around the tournament time is I sent the tournament turn, and then had to log in again when I was searching for the second turn. Something like that. So indeed, you do have to log in every time for Pbem+

This could be a Matrix thing and nothing to do with Battlefront. I'm play testing a different game and that's how it works there too. Have 2 games going at once, you have to back out and re-log in to get to the second game. My credentials are filled in but no getting around the log in for each game. As I recall, that's how it was in WiTW as well.

Dave

5 hours ago, Ultradave said:

This could be a Matrix thing and nothing to do with Battlefront. I'm play testing a different game and that's how it works there too. Have 2 games going at once, you have to back out and re-log in to get to the second game. My credentials are filled in but no getting around the log in for each game. As I recall, that's how it was in WiTW as well.

Dave

Ah yeah that sounds like a Matrix thing then, thanks for the insight. I had previously spoken to Elvis about it, and I failed to replicate it then. 

IMO the multiplayer was supposed to make everything easier and to grow the community past the "everyone knows everyone" stage we have here.

The whole system just seems "lame" - inefficient and slow compared to what we were all using previously. Though it would be nice to have a larger than 2GB storage limit when most of my saves are 100MB+

Meh.

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Ah yeah that sounds like a Matrix thing then, thanks for the insight. I had previously spoken to Elvis about it, and I failed to replicate it then. 

IMO the multiplayer was supposed to make everything easier and to grow the community past the "everyone knows everyone" stage we have here.

The whole system just seems "lame" - inefficient and slow compared to what we were all using previously. Though it would be nice to have a larger than 2GB storage limit when most of my saves are 100MB+

Meh.

Unfortunately BF is stuck using what Matrix provides. It's their server, their PBEM system, and has to be meshed into any game that uses it. So there seems to be very limited opportunity to do any customization or adding more ease of use/streamlining.

Since I use a Mac, I'm not even using it since it's PC only, and currently playing by email just using Dropbox and PMs back and forth, which works just fine. No reason anyone can't just still do this or use CM Helper or Who's Turn is It like before. And if you play anyone with a Mac or use one, you have to.

I think the potential growth part is that some people would rather use a system built right into the game rather than have to deal with other programs to PBEM. There are many users who are not really that computer savvy and don't want to mess around, but would rather just start it up and play. So it fills that need, even if it could be better.

Dave