Turn off the red cable. I want the tank to drive itself. Not in formation.

AdamPraha

Hi

How please off those red cabel connection with tank officer? I want drive without connection in formation.

I need to cross the river. I don't know why the tanks decided to ride together. OMG

How to separate all tank from platoon formation. How do you turn off the red line? What button and where? I can't find it.

Thank you👍

Edited by AdamPraha

2 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

Now how do I make a two-line formation?

--------

--------

Tanks in two line. To go together with the same speed. Ofc recon first line sure.👍

I want them to go as fast as they can up that hill over there.

Every vehicle needs a "waypoint". 

If you select 2 vehicles at the same time, then you can give both a waypoint, and it will be in formation. 

Hold "Shift" and click your mouse. 

You can click the 2nd vehicle, 

or

You can click your mouse, hold it down and then drag it over your vehicles so you can select all of them. 

You can also select every vehicle (Soldiers too!) in a platoon by clicking twice on a vehicle's icon

How you initially have your forces lined up at the start of a move will set their "formation" upon movement. If you want a line, with support/command in back, start the command/support the distance desired behind a line of the forward squads/teams then set movement orders. I use this method, with adjustment of any strangely placed waypoints per team/squad.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:21 AM, AdamPraha said:

Now how do I make a two-line formation?

--------

--------

Tanks in two line. To go together with the same speed. Ofc recon first line sure.

As others have said CM does not provide that capability.  One can click on two or more units to make them have the same movement but the vehicles will not speed up or slow down to maintain the same formation the way you want.  The vehicles will almost certainly get separated due to the different terrain they pass over.  Only if the terrain is exactly the same for all your selected vehicles, will they maintain the same formation.  

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, AdamPraha said:

It's all flat.

Okay so what else might give different speeds?  I think experience can affect how quickly units set off, or they may already be moving at different speeds?  The ground may be flat but it may have other features?  The tanks may have different capabilities? One may be concerned at having spotted something?  One has a cronky Skoda engine but another has a new Skoda engine (I've got nothing against Skoda by the way, my current 4 wheel transport is from the VAG conglomerate).  If they're in a close line, one may pause movement while the other gets out of the way.  Etc.

As an example I've just played @kohlenklau 's latest North Afrika offering.  I set 15 panzers to move in a line across flat desert, with individual orders.  They mostly did this, but when the action started, non-damaging hits and enemy spots slowed some of them down.  Not to mention the surprisingly unwelcoming AT fire.  The end result was a disaster, but I can't blame that on the game 😉

Another larger example I can think of is RT Gog and Magog where I had perhaps 50 panzers of different types moving together on varying terrain.  And they did move together, mostly.  Until IS2s intervened.

Anyway I dont think any of this will be news to you.

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Okay so what else might give different speeds?  I think experience can affect how quickly units set off, or they may already be moving at different speeds?  The ground may be flat but it may have other features?  The tanks may have different capabilities? One may be concerned at having spotted something?  One has a cronky Skoda engine but another has a new Skoda engine (I've got nothing against Skoda by the way, my current 4 wheel transport is from the VAG conglomerate).  If they're in a close line, one may pause movement while the other gets out of the way.  Etc.

As an example I've just played @kohlenklau 's latest North Afrika offering.  I set 15 panzers to move in a line across flat desert, with individual orders.  They mostly did this, but when the action started, non-damaging hits and enemy spots slowed some of them down.  Not to mention the surprisingly unwelcoming AT fire.  The end result was a disaster, but I can't blame that on the game 😉

Another larger example I can think of is RT Gog and Magog where I had perhaps 50 panzers of different types moving together on varying terrain.  And they did move together, mostly.  Until IS2s intervened.

Anyway I dont think any of this will be news to you.

Well I hope I can get them lined up like in Musi Front. Otherwise the enemy will destroy them without seeing from where. They're in some bushes. That's why it's necessary to have the same line of movement together.

Edited by AdamPraha

The fast move of identical units doesn't give each unit the same speed. One tank on fast may ford a river whilst the other negotiates flat terrain. The engine adjust speed as required. Moving fast is my default when I move armor. It reduces the time they may get targeted. For example you don't gain anything plotting slow when fording the engine adjust to slow anyway.