Pacific Theater?

On 9/18/2022 at 11:39 PM, chuckdyke said:

Why? I spent a lot of time in Asia. It is mostly urban, conditions hot and humid. Plantations (Orchard}. Forest can be obstacles for vehicles same as Europe. 

It's not the terrain, but rather the nature of the combat. The Pacific War was largely made up of static set piece battles with very little maneuvre and combined arms combat.

7 hours ago, Anders_1970 said:

It's not the terrain, but rather the nature of the combat. The Pacific War was largely made up of static set piece battles with very little maneuvre and combined arms combat.

Respectfully disagree, IMO the navies should play a far greater role. This maybe the reason they don't see it as viable. 

19 minutes ago, Erwin said:

You do some very interesting work JM.

Thank you Erwin I like to created things and share it, the problem is to know if some models dont have Copyright, I have to read in details, this one is for exemple from Call of duty If you were playing this game you have probably seing it, so not all models are from my collections, but this will be nice to introduce it when a "The Pacific mod" can see the light. 

JM

personally, I'd be like hell yeah and would buy anything they'd release. but i just don't see it happening. it'd be like a smaller Afghanistan title (by way of content etc) altho, were truly some historical battles etc.

I would say doing an early war "set" of games and modules would be far more lucrative.

bubba

9 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

doing an early war "set" of games and modules would be far more lucrative.

For us experienced gamers with some knowledge of history, early war is by far the most interesting era as nations were struggling to figure out new tactics and how to develop and use new equipment.  Unfortunately BF tells us that the current market wants late war where one side can beat up on the other - esp Allied vs Germans.  Up until the 1990's one had to practically pay oppos to play Russians or WAllies.  Am not sure why, but now it seems that gamers don't want to play the Axis side and of course early war is the most "fun" for the Axis..

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Am not sure why, but now it seems that gamers don't want to play the Axis side and of course early war is the most "fun" for the Axis..

Because most modern young war gamers aren't educated. and thus, believe anyone who play's axis. are Nazi's and are baddies... seriously..lol beyond stupid.. even had someone quote a percentage like, wha???? NO! go play with a stick!. 

Bubba

There is potential for some very interesting Pacific war situations.. Khalkhin Gol and the early war from 1935 up to 1942-43 has some very interesting situations, the Japanese fought the Soviets, the Brits and Commonwealth, and the US.. how can that not be enticing? But this is not my area of expertise, and thus not really on my radar as a subject, though I do think there would be a market for it... if done right.

Bil 

4 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

Because most modern young war gamers aren't educated. and thus, believe anyone who play's axis. are Nazi's and are baddies... seriously..lol beyond stupid.

While I'm not sure about this, I was recently accused of being a Nazi when I told someone I tend to play as the Germans.  Wow!

5 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Hi JM, I don't think a small digression from the topic will be stamped upon.  

But you're right of course.  Just insert 'Japanese' in the above posts wherever 'German' or 'Nazi' crops up 🤣.

you read my mind, no but know some digression can be heavy and heavy, untill explosion...I wish really that we can do something to change the atmosphere and the Theater.😄

JM

On 9/24/2022 at 7:16 PM, Vacillator said:

While I'm not sure about this, I was recently accused of being a Nazi when I told someone I tend to play as the Germans.  Wow!

yes, its that type of behaviour I'm on about..just beyond me..ANYHOW. lol

On 9/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, JM Stuff said:

you read my mind, no but know some digression can be heavy and heavy, untill explosion...I wish really that we can do something to change the atmosphere and the Theater.😄

JM

Not trying to, just saying lol... all in all this is great forum here. and yeah your right, but is also why I added the slogan of "baddies" the aim being to highlight the poor outlook for anyone playing as the axis forces is all..

bubba