v1.03 bug report

Halmbarte

Not sure if it's a bug but my T-62 (1972) seem to favor using HEAT rounds over APFSDS against M60s at 1000-1500. The few times they actually used APFSDS they'd hit most of the time (and do damage), while they have issue getting those HEAT rounds on target. At least until now, they didn't have much ranging opportunities in this game. But to me it seemed (in this anecdote) like they should use the APFSDS: More ammo, more chance of actually hitting something, decent chance of penetrating/partial pen.

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

Are there issues with the M106 107mm mortar carrier?

Had the same issue with them as of the latest Steam version, I thought it had something to do with them not automatically turning to face their side/rear towards the target which is where their firing arc is at but I just tested it and they automatically turned for me, although they didn't at the time I had the issue with them.

12 minutes ago, Codreanu said:

Had the same issue with them as of the latest Steam version, I thought it had something to do with them not automatically turning to face their side/rear towards the target which is where their firing arc is at but I just tested it and they automatically turned for me, although they didn't at the time I had the issue with them.

I had mine turned before I even called in the fire mission, maybe that's why?

@Artkin Could your spotter have lost line of sight of the target after ordering the call for fire but before the mortar rounds were fired? Did some more testing and this was the sequence I used:

1. Spotter calls for fire on position

2. Spotting rounds are fired, and the mortars fire as they're supposed to

3. Readjust fire using the spotter but smokescreen blocks the spotter's LOS to impact point right after I do

4. Mortars don't fire even after the smoke has cleared and Spotter has a clear LOS to the impact point.

58 minutes ago, Codreanu said:

@Artkin Could your spotter have lost line of sight of the target after ordering the call for fire but before the mortar rounds were fired? Did some more testing and this was the sequence I used:

1. Spotter calls for fire on position

2. Spotting rounds are fired, and the mortars fire as they're supposed to

3. Readjust fire using the spotter but smokescreen blocks the spotter's LOS to impact point right after I do

4. Mortars don't fire even after the smoke has cleared and Spotter has a clear LOS to the impact point.

I will check and find out for sure for you later

Negative, the mortars had sent at least 1 round each, and then they suddenly began to stop.

@Codreanu
I did notice that 2 of my targets were blocked by smoke early on. One of those two was a linear smoke fire which ended up in the same exact position as my opponent's smoke fire. So that one was kinda blocked, but would have been blocked by itself anyway. Weird. The other of the two was definitely blocked by my opponents smoke.
I had a third mortar whose spotter had good LOS to the target but stopped firing after 3 rounds. And the fourth mortar had clear LOS as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a bug to report.

The screen shot attached shows two AT guns.  One manned by crew, one manned by HQ.  The problem being that I only loaded up a single AT gun onto an MT-TB APC along with an HQ Unit (which I believe I had earlier acquired AT ammunition from on of the APCs).  There are now two AT guns.

I have a second APC in the same situation, and it shows both the HQ and the AT crew as "limbered" with an AT gun profile when I click on those units sitting inside the APC.

I have save files available for the BFC team if so requested.

Capture.JPG