82nd Airborne in Normandy scenarios collection by Kandu.

I have been creating a series of scenarios covering a portion of the 82nd Airborne's experience in Normandy from June 6th through 10th, 1944. The goal is to complete a series of 16 scenarios plus variants. Currently #1 through #7 plus #11 and #16 have been completed. The last one is a 'what if?' scenario but the others are all historical. There is a mix of single and multi-player versions. All are posted at FGM's Scenario Warehouse.

The project was stimulated by my playing another designer's 'Amfreville' scenario. This was extremely well done and was adapted to CMBN's diagnonal/orthogonal map reality distorting system. I have an obsession with creating better fit maps and decided to do so with Amfreville and two related la Fiere Causeway scenarios, similar to what I did with the scenario 'Bloody Buron' with my 'Bloody Buron Overhaul'.  Falaise's 22.5 degree roads have been a tremendous help in eliminating the saw tooth effect from roads that run in non-diagonal or non-orthogonal directions. Once I got started the map grew way larger than originally planned, stretching from Les Landes in the west, across Cauquigny and the La Fiere causeway, to the railroad crossing east of La Fiere on the road to St. Mere Eglise. Like my huge master map Pont Hebert to Les Hautes Vents, all of my maps are use accurate 5 meter contour maps from a web site in France and aerial photos of the landscape make in the 1950's before most of the bocage, apple orchards, farms and communities changed too much.

@WimO's work is amazing, the cards are superb and amazing realism
The small details sometimes let me think that he is lying and that he is not a Dutchman living in Canada but a resident of Saint Lô or Cherbourg with a fine knowledge of his territory.
La fière

xgki.bmp

watched  her masteur map on Pont hebert, she's crazy !
Pont Hebert  under heavy bombardment seen from Le Coquet

513a.bmp

The map is so precise that I made a scenario where the goal for these 2 paras( @JM Stuffmod)  is to find a farm for a meeting with the resistance, that without compass, it is broken (see top right) using the stars and aerial photo!!!

3sks.bmp

well done and thank you Kandu for your great work 👏

49 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This sounds very interesting indeed.  B)

Where would I find them?

I have to post it
either I put some captures the aerial photos or I put the link to the photos
this is an intro to one campaign that I can not do, I do not master the editor enough, but it will come....
for Pont Hebert it's a battle without AI that I did to play with the map

On 11/28/2021 at 6:08 AM, Falaise said:

@WimO's work is amazing, the cards are superb and amazing realism
The small details sometimes let me think that he is lying and that he is not a Dutchman living in Canada but a resident of Saint Lô or Cherbourg with a fine knowledge of his territory.
La fière

xgki.bmp

watched  her masteur map on Pont hebert, she's crazy !
Pont Hebert  under heavy bombardment seen from Le Coquet

513a.bmp

The map is so precise that I made a scenario where the goal for these 2 paras( @JM Stuffmod)  is to find a farm for a meeting with the resistance, that without compass, it is broken (see top right) using the stars and aerial photo!!!

3sks.bmp

well done and thank you Kandu for your great work 👏

Thank you for your kind words. I would love to play with your scenario.