PBEM+++

zmoney

Not sure from what you've posted what the issue is so I'll try just some of the basics

In OPTIONS on the main menu, when you get to the OPTIONS screen, at the bottom there is a new button for PBEM login.

Click on that and there you can enter a login id and password and your email. The login id and password is your Slitherene one. If you don't have one, just go there and register.

Now you are all ready to set up a challenge for someone to pick up.

Back to the main menu, select BATTLE, pick the scenario, then the side, and then where you would normally select Real Time, Turn based, PBEM, you want "Automated PBEM.  You can password protect it so that only someone with the password can accept. This is common when you have already agreed to play someone and don't want someone else randomly to come in and take it.

You'll then set your in game password, and it will automatically save and exit you back to the main menu. Later after your opponent does his first turn, you should get an email that it is now your turn.

Open the game, select SAVED GAMES, and at the bottom of the screen, the thing you want to select is PBEM++ in progress.  There you can select the next turn to open up. when you click the red button to process the turn it will save and exit. Continue for each turn.

I hope that helps. I think I got the whole sequence right. If you have a problem, PM me and I"ll try to help or if you want to set up a test scenario with me to try the process, go ahead and PM me a password and your Slitherene ID and the scenario so I know which one to grab. 

Dave

1 hour ago, zmoney said:

I keep getting an error message. It says: The data is invalid. The email that you have inserted is already taken, please select a new one.

I am using my Slitherine login info.

I think you are trying to register, just click on ok. I tried same before 

Hmmm strange, still get error messages. I inputted my username, then password, then email and hit ok. Error. Is no one else having a problem with this? Maybe it’s just me. I even googled instructions on how to setup PBEM+++ but there isn’t any info. Most likely cause no one has issues logging in lol.

1 hour ago, zmoney said:

Hmmm strange, still get error messages. I inputted my username, then password, then email and hit ok. Error. Is no one else having a problem with this? Maybe it’s just me. I even googled instructions on how to setup PBEM+++ but there isn’t any info. Most likely cause no one has issues logging in lol.

I think the username is arbitrary, you doublechecked your password? I use the same password as the account on slitherine website and that works for me.

8 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

If I understand it correctly PBEM+++ is for the Steam version only. I can't find any of it on my versions. 

The 1.02 patch has only been released on Steam. Whenever 1.02 is released for the BFC version you'll get access to PBEM+++.

Edited by Grey_Fox

26 minutes ago, Fizou said:

Is it possible to delete a PBEM++ challenge that you have created? I know there is an option in the interface but when I do that it just reapers the next time i log in. 

That's supposed to work. I've been able to delete my own challenges.

Anyone else have this issue?

Dave

1 hour ago, Fizou said:

Is it possible to delete a PBEM++ challenge that you have created? I know there is an option in the interface but when I do that it just reapers the next time i log in. 

That was only actually added in 1.03, that means the Steam users don't have it at this time.

My friends and I have been playing  CM World War II games for years by PBEM.  We either attach our files to an email or if the file is to big, use Dropbox.  If we purchase  BF will we be able to play PBEM using this procedure?  What if one player has bought it from Matrix Games while the second from BG?

We do own some Matrix Games where moves are saved on their server but prefer the procedure I described.

9 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

My friends and I have been playing  CM World War II games for years by PBEM.  We either attach our files to an email or if the file is to big, use Dropbox.  If we purchase  BF will we be able to play PBEM using this procedure?  What if one player has bought it from Matrix Games while the second from BG?

We do own some Matrix Games where moves are saved on their server but prefer the procedure I described.

You can still do PBEM the "old" way. PBEM++ is an addition. Everything else will still work. And Mac OS players have no choice but to continue the previous ways.

Dave

12 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

If we purchase  BF will we be able to play PBEM using this procedure?  What if one player has bought it from Matrix Games while the second from BG?

Just to clarify a little - for Windows you can use the original PBEM and the new PBEM++ and it does not matter where you bought the game as long as both players are using the same version (and you both have accounts for PBEM++). For Mac you don't get access to PBEM++ but the original PBEM works the same as before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 3:08 AM, Ultradave said:

Not sure from what you've posted what the issue is so I'll try just some of the basics

In OPTIONS on the main menu, when you get to the OPTIONS screen, at the bottom there is a new button for PBEM login.

Click on that and there you can enter a login id and password and your email. The login id and password is your Slitherene one. If you don't have one, just go there and register.

Now you are all ready to set up a challenge for someone to pick up.

Back to the main menu, select BATTLE, pick the scenario, then the side, and then where you would normally select Real Time, Turn based, PBEM, you want "Automated PBEM.  You can password protect it so that only someone with the password can accept. This is common when you have already agreed to play someone and don't want someone else randomly to come in and take it.

You'll then set your in game password, and it will automatically save and exit you back to the main menu. Later after your opponent does his first turn, you should get an email that it is now your turn.

Open the game, select SAVED GAMES, and at the bottom of the screen, the thing you want to select is PBEM++ in progress.  There you can select the next turn to open up. when you click the red button to process the turn it will save and exit. Continue for each turn.

I hope that helps. I think I got the whole sequence right. If you have a problem, PM me and I"ll try to help or if you want to set up a test scenario with me to try the process, go ahead and PM me a password and your Slitherene ID and the scenario so I know which one to grab. 

Dave

I think I understood how I create my own game. 

But how I find and join other people's challenges?

1 hour ago, dbsapp said:

I think I understood how I create my own game. 

But how I find and join other people's challenges?

Found the answer in the manual:

Setting Up a PBEM++ Battle
To start a battle with the PBEM++ system either choose a premade scenario or set up a Quick Battle. When setting up battle select the “2 Players - Automated PBEM++” mode of play. At this time you may enter a password if you wish for a specific opponent to be able to play the battle against you. The battle has then been created and appears in the Challenge lobby.
Playing a PBEM++ Battle
All battles available for play are in the Automated PBEM++ Challenges lobby. This can be found by going into the "Saved Games & PBEM portion of Combat Mission from the Opening menu. A drop down menu will present you with several choices. “Automated PBEM++ Challenges” is where you will find battles that are available to be played. You will see the battle that you created listed there, along with battles that others have created that are available for play. To play a battle, simply select a battle from the list and click on “Fight!”. If the battle is password protected, a "*" will appear next to the battle name: you will need the password from the creator of the Challenge to play these battles.
Once you have completed your turn, the file will automatically be uploaded to our servers and sent to your opponent. When you opponent completes their turn you will receive an email notification. Select the "Saved Games & PBEM" option in the Opening menu and use the drop menu to select “Automated PBEM++ In Progress”. You will see your game turn there. Select the turn that you want to play and click on “Fight!”. Continue this until the battle has concluded.

2 hours ago, dbsapp said:

A drop down menu will present you with several choices. “Automated PBEM++ Challenges” is where you will find battles that are available to be played. You will see the battle that you created listed there, along with battles that others have created that are available for play.

You've got it. That's the place.

Dave