AFV price changes v1.01 -> v1.02

Bufo

If I were evaluating these vehicles as light tanks I'd certainly give the advantage to the Bradley. But these are IFVs, and you would have to buy 25% more Bradleys to transport the same number of men you could in BMPs. That's no small thing.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

Just now, Vanir Ausf B said:

If I were evaluating these vehicles as light tanks I'd certainly give the advantage to the Bradley. But these are IFVs, and you would have to buy 5 Bradleys to transport the same number of men you could in 4 BMPs. That's no small thing.

Well, that also depends on squad size. If you shuffle around rifle squads and they have the correct number of men and seats the difference doesn't matter.

If you taxi heavy weapons and sharpshooters then it does matter.

25 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Well, that also depends on squad size. If you shuffle around rifle squads and they have the correct number of men and seats the difference doesn't matter.

If you taxi heavy weapons and sharpshooters then it does matter.

A US mech infantry platoon (Bradley) and a Soviet mech infantry platoon (BMP-2) both have 22 men, but the Soviets fit into 3 BMPs while the Americans need 4 Bradleys. 4x287=1,136 vs 3x298=894. I think any way you slice it you're always paying more for the same carry capacity with Bradleys even though the squads fit because the US made the squads fit by reducing their size.

Yeah the carry capacity certainly has value. Although having a 4th Bradley does as well :). If you're looking for cheap carry capacity a Bradley wouldn't be my first choice.

Anyway one explanation could be that points distribution/formula whatever is being used, differs per side. Also I don't think this is a big issue whatsoever, the point difference being small and it's not like the BMP-2 is an alternative to the Bradley or vice versa. Let alone the massive rarity points so it won't show up in numbers unless people playing without rarity at all.

11 minutes ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

A US mech infantry platoon (Bradley) and a Soviet mech infantry platoon (BMP-2) both have 22 men, but the Soviets fit into 3 BMPs while the Americans need 4 Bradleys. 4x287=1,136 vs 3x298=894. I think any way you slice it you're always paying more for the same carry capacity with Bradleys even though the squads fit because the US made the squads fit by reducing their size.

That's only because the so-called HQ with the Soviets is a single man.

The 4th Bradley on the other hand holds 3 men HQ and 2 men FO.

I don't see how that makes the Bradley cheaper.

2 hours ago, Redwolf said:

That's only because the so-called HQ with the Soviets is a single man.

The 4th Bradley on the other hand holds 3 men HQ and 2 men FO.

I don't see how that makes the Bradley cheaper.

The US squads are also one man smaller. Even if you leave the FO there is no way to transport a US platoon in fewer than 4 Bradleys. I mean, 2 fewer seats is 2 fewer seats. If you're job is transporting people I'm not sure how that doesn't matter unless your troops are walking, in which case you're better off with a real tank anyways.

8 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I think Steam purchasers are giving y'all a bit of a preview of the coming patch.

A small reminder, Cold War Bradley doesn't have the heavy MEXAS ceramic armor tiles of the CMBS vehicle, so Bradley's not quite the armored-up monster you may be used to.

All BFC purchasers can also get the Steam version, that's how I got it anyway.

And indeed the CW Bradley isn't the armored-up monster like modern variants, although imo it is a game changer for the US forces in CW. That is, IF it's on the field (which it isn't often).