Berlin CMRT Map

2 hours ago, NPye said:

Love the dappled light on this King Tiger... LS's HH really shows off it's detail in this Screen grab...

Panzer IV H in awesome light.

Lookin' good, lookin' good ... are you planning on any in red oxide camo - fresh from the factory, just enough time for a little bit of dunklegelb or olivgrün - would really complement and contrast with your existing schemes.

24 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

You and Harry are making lot of stuffs interresting for now, nice to see a train moving on his rail, with what are you becoming it, ? 

I guess, with the vehicle ready in CM like Opel Kadett  ?

You know that you can use lot of vehicles "movable" when you replace it from the opel Kadett as name (vehicle) !

I was making some test with the tractor and excavator in CMBS and its work !

JM

Hey - aren't you meant to be on holiday!

Hehehe 😁

Thanks JM, I was going to use the Kadet but I know it appears in a lot of the Berlin scenarios, either wrecked or, I presume, some are drivable. So I used the Protze instead that seems to have been deleted from the late war German arsenal had to go back to Summer 1944 to find it. If you look closely you can see the drive under the Loco's boiler! I might try to move him but it's not that important. Nigel only wanted a static one, and I thought that having it moving would be very difficult anyway, but after spending a week or so messing with the Panzer IV bunker I thought we could probably, at least, get the Loco into the game and was surprised to get it sort of moving as well.

So Nigel @NPye, here you are your very own Thomas to play with.

As I said it's based on the Protze. There are berlin tagged textures for the Protze that make it invisible. The driver (who doesn't look like Jones the Steam) is still there and will dismount if he runs into problems like bogging. I think the railway track texture causes him to breakdown very easily, have no idea how fast me might go, I tried him at slow (the video) and fast - he broke down after one turn. Try it out, let the Russian at it and blow it up.

You might want to look at the textures. They have come in quite well on the whole just a bit of zigzagging here and there, but very useable. The red is strong and clean so you might want to tone it down a bit. Some of the textures are quite small so could also be scaled up a little as well, shouldn't do any harm.

I could probably do some refinements, maybe move the driver. Does the Protze have much exhaust? - would be cool to get a bit of smoke coming out of it. I'm guessing it can be crewed with a small squad, there are lots of action points in the model which might be moddable. All a bit ambitious I suspect.

Anyway, enjoy - let's see it in some of your fantastic station setting in Berlin.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

We now have Trains lol. Thanks Lucky strike you are star bud. The Bahnhoffs look really special now. One thing I had to make the status of the train destroyed as if not it roams around trying to get out of the firing line and not follow the tracks.... Awesome I love it. Cheers

1xbvo2.png

1xbYJC.png

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:

You might want to look at the textures. They have come in quite well on the whole just a bit of zigzagging here and there, but very useable. The red is strong and clean so you might want to tone it down a bit. Some of the textures are quite small so could also be scaled up a little as well, shouldn't do any harm.

I did take the Saturation on the red and lightened the shadows in the black which has brought out the superb detail in this model... Cheers

4 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Really nothing about you or your Avatar, was only a joke,...well admetting a black one sorry but with the time you know me (I hope you feel better guy) !

JM

Thanks JM!  Thanks for remembering.  Yes I've been getting better, slowly but surely. :)  I hope everything is fine with you.

2 hours ago, NPye said:

We now have Trains lol. Thanks Lucky strike you are star bud. The Bahnhoffs look really special now. One thing I had to make the status of the train destroyed as if not it roams around trying to get out of the firing line and not follow the tracks.... Awesome I love it. Cheers

Looks awesome in your modded Berlin. Did you try just having it immobilised. Should stay in place and then be an easy target for some trigger happy Russians.

Though I do like the idea of it just wandering off to avoid getting shot at 😆😆

I like that it fits the CM track gauge. I could look at moving it's centre point a bit but I fear that might break it.

1 hour ago, NPye said:

I did take the Saturation on the red and lightened the shadows in the black which has brought out the superb detail in this model... Cheers

Great, it certainly needed a touch of something. I ought to go and post a comment on the maker's page so the guy who made it can see what we done with it.

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

The driver (who doesn't look like Jones the Steam) is still there and will dismount if he runs into problems like bogging. I think the railway track texture causes him to breakdown very easily, have no idea how fast me might go, I tried him at slow (the video) and fast - he broke down after one turn.

I know the rail tracks get some special hard coded ingame treatments like raising the railbed and inherent movement speed stuff (incl. bog down likelyhood), but maybe one can rename its textures to be used by some other road class like gravel road in example. It´s also not fastest going but maybe worth a try. Raising (or lowering) the railbed can be done normally by means of ditch locking them as well. Just an idea for testing. 😁

3 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I could probably do some refinements, maybe move the driver. Does the Protze have much exhaust? - would be cool to get a bit of smoke coming out of it. I'm guessing it can be crewed with a small squad, there are lots of action points in the model which might be moddable. All a bit ambitious I suspect.

Came to my mind as well. Guess just moving the exhaust vertice to where it belongs on the Loco might do it. Surely some other stuff involved as well. I got to check its META in Blender to get an idea, but could work basically. Other idea would be finding out if there´s a real smoke emitter vertice that i.e is used for smoke grenades and such. Worth a try but I fear stuff like that is rather hard coded. I´d likely look at some CMBS or CMSF2 russian tank models that are known to use exhaust smoke generators. But I don´t know if it works in these games since I own neither of them and thus can´t test myself. Hm....

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Would be interesting to see what happens when fencing in the rail track tiles, if train status is not "destroyed". Re fencing in, various possibilities come to mind. Just for testing. Otherwise "destroyed" might be best to avoid complete chaos on your maps. lol 😅

2 hours ago, NPye said:

1xbvo2.png

6 hours ago, NPye said:

1xnikv.png

Love the dappled light on this King Tiger... LS's HH really shows off it's detail in this Screen grab...

1xnZrz.png

Panzer IV H in awesome light.

Lovely looking! 😍 I might have read and then forgot again, but do you use any Reshade stuff or CM shader file tweaks for these scenes? 😎 Seeing some @Lucky_Strike ´s magic in there as well. Is that just dumping in original CMBN HH or an adapted version? I want this urgently! 🤩

59 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Now that´s a funnily surprising thing! 😃 Kudos! 😎 Interestingly the first idea coming to my mind was this 😅:

Hahah, you ain't seen how slow this thing is, took four turns to travel a couple hundred meters, poor little Protze is gunning his motor under this beast.

I reckon we should be able to port it into the other titles so long as we can find an available host. Then you can send you jabos after it!

24 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I know the rail tracks get some special hard coded ingame treatments like raising the railbed and inherent movement speed stuff (incl. bog down likelyhood), but maybe one can rename its textures to be used by some other road class like gravel road in example. It´s also not fastest going but maybe worth a try. Raising (or lowering) the railbed can be done normally by means of ditch locking them as well. Just an idea for testing. 😁

Yep, I wondered about using a different surface. I know that Nigel made some tram tracks that look good, so there's no reason not too, especially as this is mostly for situations where there will always be spare road texture types - barely any maps use all the road texture types at once.

Came to my mind as well. Guess just moving the exhaust vertice to where it belongs on the Loco might do it. Surely some other stuff involved as well. I got to check its META in Blender to get an idea, but could work basically. Other idea would be finding out if there´s a real smoke emitter vertice that i.e is used for smoke grenades and such. Worth a try but I fear stuff like that is rather hard coded. I´d likely look at some CMBS or CMSF2 russian tank models that are known to use exhaust smoke generators. But I don´t know if it works in these games since I own neither of them and thus can´t test myself. Hm....

Yes that's what I thought as well. I will have to take a look. One caveat though is that it wouldn't export with metadata, just threw errors all the time. Thought I'd managed to squash them all but there was always something, eventually pointing to unknown - from experience that is usually pointing to something in the metadata that can't be solved. Exported without the metadata without issue. Seems to behave as expected but who knows what's going on under the hood.

I can try the exhaust fumes easily but they are probably a bit feeble on the Protze, but the tweak is quick to try. Other than smoke grenades and WP shells I can't think of anything similar to the smoke emitters you mention.

Would be interesting to see what happens when fencing in the rail track tiles, if train status is not "destroyed". Re fencing in, various possibilities come to mind. Just for testing. Otherwise "destroyed" might be best to avoid complete chaos on your maps. lol 😅

Aww, we can't fence him in, he should be free to roam 🤣

Edited by Lucky_Strike

35 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Lovely looking! 😍 I might have read and then forgot again, but do you use any Reshade stuff or CM shader file tweaks for these scenes? 😎 Seeing some @Lucky_Strike ´s magic in there as well. Is that just dumping in original CMBN HH or an adapted version? I want this urgently! 🤩

These are from CMRT, Hedgerow Hell works on this as well as CMBN, I have the shader on but i have no control over as i can't find out how to do that on an Mac??? Cheers

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:
17 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Let me know if you need that new model army map expanded with other stuff. As you´d likely noticed I´d mostly placed the first object from each flavor category with a number of exceptions where I placed 2-3 maybe. But glad it´s of some use for you. 😎

I'd imagine that each type of flavor object behaves in the same way so it will be perfect for testing.

I´m not sure about that yet. There´s some different size flavors in same categories and sometimes size does matter re collision, pivot points and such and likely to be dealt with by META. I´m still investigating here and made small progresses.

Much of English humour is beyond anyone's grasp, even us English struggle with it sometimes - Warts will explain it.

oh... seen maaaaany times before here. Just like you´re english version "code talkers" something. 😆 I love using metaphors, irony and black humour in german language as well, but I got to admit grasping the english version is quite some challenge for me. 😅

Yes, there are bounding boxes in Blender but I don't think those are the same thing. I think it's all going to be a lot of trial and error, which is fine. As I become more proficient with Blender it's quicker to make a rough model and test it.

I found comparing Blender´s bounding box view mode corners oftentimes nicely correlate to some the META data when assuming it is actual XYZ coordinates. Even more so when i.e rounding up some the META data. So a 0.689 (meters) might actually be just 0.69 for in game usage. That helps reading and allocating it to bounding box data more easily. Think many of that also is relative coordinates refering to a particular reference point in Blender´s/CM´s 3D space.

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

So if I'm reading (and seeing) this correctly your breach team cleared a path through flavor teeth, hedgehog teeth and wire fence - but I thought the hedgehog teeth behaved just like normal hedgehogs and were indestructible (like Captain Scarlet). OR do you have a hidden path through which is a gap in the hedgehog teeth filled with the flavor teeth?

Yup, exactly that. No hidden paths. Blast is activated by the cattle fence obviously, not considering any other terrain in same AS. Beside their destruction from the blast which is colateral damage so to say. And as @JM Stuff pointed out it´s even more weird since the big boom doesn´t create any crater as one might likely not expect.

Creating a narrow gap is gonna be quite hard but as you say it doesn't matter too much because it works and gives the player the potential route that is needed for gameplay. Hiding the routes for added difficulty would be good and all of this would be done in the open under fire - not easy.

Yup. I´ve various ideas to make this more FOW and challenge to human player already. AIP doesn´t care much but certain things can be teached it by means of scripting. Similar to my Sherman Crab in Enter Germany, but with blast command instead (indirectly).

I blasted away at the hedgehog teeth for ages with both 105mm and 155mm just made a lot of big holes in the ground.

Yup, target area command is fairly inefficient for all this and lots of ammo wastage. 😛 But it works vs flavors at least.

18 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

LVT, DUKW and Buffalo would be great, as would be adding the WASP! 🔥🥰

LOL I wonder if we could get some other weird stuff - the M22 Locust

Would be nice as well. Duck and Buffalo could be well used for some the "water rats" missions and of course river crossing. 🤩 The WASP´s were also great means to terrify the hardest of german paras when used on them. I´ve read couple accounts on that and should be "fun" to try (Moyland woods battle i.e.) Nasty little and fast moving lighters. 😅

53 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Hahah, you ain't seen how slow this thing is, took four turns to travel a couple hundred meters, poor little Protze is gunning his motor under this beast.

I reckon we should be able to port it into the other titles so long as we can find an available host. Then you can send you jabos after it!

Yep, I wondered about using a different surface. I know that Nigel made some tram tracks that look good, so there's no reason not too, especially as this is mostly for situations where there will always be spare road texture types - barely any maps use all the road texture types at once.

Yup, worth a try for sure. It´s just a handful of texture files renaming so should be rather quick test actually. Think gravel road would be good allrounder, but otherwise mission/map dependent.

Yes that's what I thought as well. I will have to take a look. One caveat though is that it wouldn't export with metadata, just threw errors all the time. Thought I'd managed to squash them all but there was always something, eventually pointing to unknown - from experience that is usually pointing to something in the metadata that can't be solved. Exported without the metadata without issue. Seems to behave as expected but who knows what's going on under the hood.

Exactly that. Also forget exporting individual objects META throws some errors as is not selecting full hierarchy. Confusing stuff.

I can try the exhaust fumes easily but they are probably a bit feeble on the Protze, but the tweak is quick to try. Other than smoke grenades and WP shells I can't think of anything similar to the smoke emitters you mention.

Yup. Something to investigate for modern CM title owners. If finding those special smoke emitter vertices and then applying to different models at least would be interesting to see what the CM engine makes of them. A CTD would be worst thing that could happen I think. Might download some CMBS demo then unpacking the BRZ and see myself maybe. ... found... https://www.battlefront.com/black-sea/cmbs-base-game/?tab=demo

54 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Aww, we can't fence him in, he should be free to roam 🤣

😆

32 minutes ago, NPye said:

Maybe have it in Burning mode???

1x5eO5.png

yup, moving the emitter forward some should do it basically.

28 minutes ago, NPye said:

These are from CMRT, Hedgerow Hell works on this as well as CMBN, I have the shader on but i have no control over as i can't find out how to do that on an Mac??? Cheers

ah that´s great. 😍 I´ll try this later for sure. ATM I have bits of chaos in my CMRT folders due to modding a number of things myself. Hard to keep track of all of that ATM. And every day new ideas sneak in as well. 🤪 Last thing was bits of reorganizing some my animation files mod content. Adding and removing some things, trying out ani´s to be used in different ways etc. Also always hunting for better CMRT smallarms soundfiles, since most the stock game ones do s..k. 😐 (yes, there´s some soundmods at FGM but they don´t suit my taste either)

Guys I used my tram Road and it flys by, also the walls do keep her roughly on the tracks, but she is very easy to destroy but in game they wouldn't be so close to infantry. And a great target for planes?

1xGFMo.png

Edited by NPye

24 minutes ago, NPye said:

Guys I used my tram Road and it flys by, also the walls do keep her roughly on the tracks, but she is very easy to destroy but in game they wouldn't be so close to infantry. And a great target for planes?

1xGFMo.png

Great. 😎 Then other roads replaced with RR tracks will work as well. Paved one surely gives fastest, but gravel slows it down to more realistic levels maybe. Guess you could do limit its movement path more finely by lining the central movement axis with 2 rows of vehicle blocking flavors each side. If you´ve the patience placing all these. 🤪 The walls then should be unneeded as well I think.