Help with Dropbox plz

Who knows.  We figured out something else.  Having similar confusion with the dropbox(es) we use for the Radzy team campaign.  (Man this makes me really miss CM1 - PBEM was so much simpler.) 

Dropbox and some other programs are totally non-intuitive for those of us who think a different way than one of their (presumably) 12 year old programmers brought up on social media and smart phones I guess.  :mellow:

16 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Dropbox and some other programs are totally non-intuitive for those of us who think a different way than one of their (presumably) 12 year old programmers brought up on social media and smart phones I guess. 

Couldn't agree more, lol!

12 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Who knows.  We figured out something else.  Having similar confusion with the dropbox(es) we use for the Radzy team campaign.  (Man this makes me really miss CM1 - PBEM was so much simpler.) 

Dropbox and some other programs are totally non-intuitive for those of us who think a different way than one of their (presumably) 12 year old programmers brought up on social media and smart phones I guess.  :mellow:

Hello...

This has worked for me when using dropbox...

- Ones you have uploaded the file to dropbox...Hover the mouse pointer over that filename and you should see a number of symbols showing up to the rightof the filename...left-click on the symbol most to the right (the one with 3 dots) and you will get a dropdown menu showing up...in this list left click the COPY LINK...

This link will NOT be the same as the one you get when you simply rightclicking the filename and selecting copy link...

Doing it as i described above has worked for me...😎

I appreciate the advice.  My criticism is that Dropbox makes it look like all sorts of folders and files including private stuff is available to view by anyone who logs in.  Heart attack time!  The concept of having all those folders and files show when I log in is not intuitive to me at all.

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

I appreciate the advice.  My criticism is that Dropbox makes it look like all sorts of folders and files including private stuff is available to view by anyone who logs in.  Heart attack time!  The concept of having all those folders and files show when I log in is not intuitive to me at all.

I had simular concerns initially but if you create the link to the file you want to share  and then log out from drop-box and use that link to download the file you will see that the link only provides access that particular file...and nothing else...

Atleast thats what it seems like to me...(not being a computer guru either 😊).

17 hours ago, Erwin said:

Hm, I would not upload real private stuff to Dropbox anyway. Nothing what you would not like to share with everybody. Certainly not your tax declaration or similar.... 🤓

36 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

Hm, I would not upload real private stuff to Dropbox anyway. Nothing what you would not like to share with everybody. Certainly not your tax declaration or similar.... 🤓

Depends. A dropbox account with 2-factor authentication (not SMS, something decent like Google authenticator) can be a lot more secure than a random home windows pc, especially one with unencrypted harddrive.

58 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Depends. A dropbox account with 2-factor authentication (not SMS, something decent like Google authenticator) can be a lot more secure than a random home windows pc, especially one with unencrypted harddrive.

Yeah, I know, I know. It’s probably due to my age, that I not necessarily a fan of such external solutions. Plus years and years ago, when Dropbox was still quite new and I still quite stupid, I lost several years worth of photos due to Dropbox “abuse”.  But that’s a different story. 😊

4 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

I would not upload real private stuff to Dropbox anyway. Nothing what you would not like to share with everybody. Certainly not your tax declaration or similar....

No no no... Don't be ridiculous, am not as stoopid as I look. 

I was only uploading naked pics of models and strippers and private sex movies etc.

Edited by Erwin