Wacht am Rapido campaign

@kohlenklau I'm enjoying your campaign a lot, just finished the first battle with total victory despite an invisible US M10 and infantry appearing out of nowhere (the infantry actually appeared underneath a Tiger, with 5 other Tigers and my infantry looking on!).  The map was great by the way, love maps with lots of elevation changes. 

So I'm on to the choice, bad FJ drop or good?  Who knows what might have happened in real life (no doubt bad), but I like to have as much Axis power on hand as possible.  Is that a bad thing or should I go with your coin throw suggestion?

Edited by Vacilllator

Let me look, if not I can send it to you if you PM an email address.

So after a quick look I have the campaign in my campaigns folder, but no download.  Perhaps that means it was in Gustav Line or R2V?  I bought the bundle, do you have all of these as well?.  I'll look closer tomorrow...

Edited by Vacilllator

I managed to email it over to Commanderski, so all good.  Still not sure where I got it from...

Edit:  I think it was here, from  @Aquila-SmartWargames, hope he won't mind me re-posting. It's from a thread 'Coming soon'...

On 1/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

it is Kohlenklau's work, good stuff as ever.

Edited by Vacilllator

34 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

@Vacilllator The US reinforcements appeared oddly out of nowhere right under your own units? Ooops. That is bad design. I am very sorry. It has been a long time since I made that campaign, I can only theorize that maybe your forces under your leadership achieved a deeper penetration than I would be capable of... 

Not a problem thankfully (6 Tigers made short work of them).  It was in the road in the village just short of the exit objective, so I imagine getting that far was part of the plan?  Perhaps I arrived earlier than planned?

Anyway, it was a good battle thanks.  I'll move on to the next one when I get away from Final Blitzkrieg for long enough 😉.

I just finished the first mission and it was really good. Nothing too complicated some nice surprises.  I think that the fact that the US forces that seem to magically appear could be due to the fact that it's still dark and snowing with near zero visibility. I like the fact that you have two options at the beginning of each mission.

17 hours ago, Commanderski said:

I just finished the first mission and it was really good. Nothing too complicated some nice surprises.  I think that the fact that the US forces that seem to magically appear could be due to the fact that it's still dark and snowing with near zero visibility. I like the fact that you have two options at the beginning of each mission.

You might be right, the infantry seemed to appear in a crater underneath my Tiger, so that's a possibility.  Seems like I mustn't have seen the crater either as I don't normally drive straight over them.

Anyway, hope I didn't 'spoil' anything for you?  I liked the map a lot...

I'm currently playing a Final Blitzkrieg QB on the La Gleize map and it has some similarities, particularly in the height variations.

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Maybe it wasn't a crater.....Maybe it was a tunnel!  :ph34r:

On the FB La Gleize map there is a rendition of a railway tunnel, but I assume you can't actually go through it (I went the other way anyway).

In BN Cats chasing dogs scenario there is a similar 'tunnel' but only as an entry point for US forces.

Perhaps tunnels used by infantry are possible, like in ASL Stalingrad and other scenarios?  If so, they'll be in Fire and Rubble for sure 😉.