Purchasing the Vehicle and Battle Pack

The product screens for the above two indicate that no download is needed as long as I have the Commonwealth and Market Garden modules plus I have an up to date game.  I do have both modules, and on my initial screen at the bottom right it shows "v4" and "Game Engine 4" so I assume that I have to do is purchase the above two packs and they will be activated.  Am I correct?  Thanks.

As I understand, the v4 download includes indeed everything. You only need the activation code, which you receive with your purchase.

However, I would reconsider buying the VP. There is not too much content for it. I know only a handful scenarios at best. There should be an old thread, listing VP scenarios.

Actually, you minus well get the VP and BP since, content wise, will bring your CMBN Game System up to date (not sure if Battlefront is coming out with anymore content for CMBN).

What happens if you Play against an Opponent who has the VP, and you don't...Then, that Player will have additional equipment buying power then you...And, they are only $10 each anyways.

Edited by JoMc67

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I picked up the BP and the VP.  JoMc67, I may be wrong but including the scenarios that come with the BP there are a number of scenarios I downloaded at the depot that indicate  you need the VP to play so you can't play against an opponent who doesn't have the VP.  Anyway looking forward to checking out the new vehicles.

9 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

Okay I picked up the BP and the VP.  JoMc67, I may be wrong but including the scenarios that come with the BP there are a number of scenarios I downloaded at the depot that indicate  you need the VP to play so you can't play against an opponent who doesn't have the VP.  Anyway looking forward to checking out the new vehicles.

You are supposed to be able to. You have to start it since you have the needed modules but they should be able to play since their game has all the components. This assumes you are both playing fully updated games of the same version number.

I have one friend who has the VP and BP but another one who doesn't.  I play PBEM with both.  If I started a scenario from the BP are you saying that my second friend who doesn't have either the BP and VP could play that scenario?  If that is the case then only one of us had to buy the VP and BP.  What I was thinking is that although the BP and VP files are in his install they had to be activated by him purchasing both.  Anyway, I could find out by starting one with my second friend to see what happens.

13 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

I have one friend who has the VP and BP but another one who doesn't.  I play PBEM with both.  If I started a scenario from the BP are you saying that my second friend who doesn't have either the BP and VP could play that scenario? 

I believe that should work.

13 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

If that is the case then only one of us had to buy the VP and BP.  What I was thinking is that although the BP and VP files are in his install they had to be activated by him purchasing both. 

Well that's all relative. If he doesn't by them then he cannot play them on his own or open them and peek at the opposing forces ;)