A bit of a shipping status update...

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

OK, good news is...

THE MANUALS ARE IN!

Our folks will start building the units (i.e. bundling the manuals and CDs) tomorrow. Depending on how that goes, shippments *should* start going out on Wednesday. We are not anticipating a full day of shipping, if at all, so we guess that it might take until Friday or Monday to get all preorders out the door.

Rough shipping times...

US -> 2-3 days

Canada -> 4-6 days

Western Europe -> 8-10 days

All Oother places -> 10 days

Please do not email me asking about when your individual order might ship (I have NO idea) or requesting some sort of expidited service (I have to get quotes for each, which I do not have time for).

That's all for now! I'll post another update when there is something usefull to say.

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has begun.

The troops are being loaded into the transports.

In a matter of a scant couple of days they will ship out.

A few days after that, the first shiny bright faced copies of CM will land on the beaches.

CM will finally be in my grimy little paws. wink.gif

Hoooraayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the hour is finally upon us.

Mikester out.

Nearly 2 years of waiting and unless I get lucky enough to be in the 1st batch I will be away on vacation when the game arrives....However, if I am fortunate enough to be in that 1st batch I may have it by Friday and be able to give my,what I assume will be, bleeding fingers a rest when I depart on Sunday.....Someone keep thier fingers crossed for me.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

"This is the voice of the BBC. And now some messages for our gallant brethren in occupied France: Jacques has a long mustache... The chair is against the wall... My heart is filled with a mellifluous languor... The manuals are in the warehouse..."

I want to send a big thanks to Charles and Steve for making this game happen. I can hardly believe it!

Where were you when you first heard of CM? I think I saw a note on a newsgroup, back in the summer of '98, that there was a "computer conversion of ASL in the works" from a group affiliated with Avalon Hill. So much has changed since then, and all of it for the better. I remember the controversy about the first screen shots--obviously, BTS has the last laugh against the doubters!

Again, thanks, guys. I can't wait to see the real thing.

About two years ago I was surfing the net for Advanced Squad Leader info. I came upon the news that a computer version was in the works. As things progressed, that deal fell through and another one emerged. The game began to evolve, and we all begged for the first screenshots. More changes took place, the heads began to turn, the armor penetration models came together, the Poles joined the fight, even rifle grenades came about.

Now the pattern of quantity over quality has been busted for good. Chalk one up for innovation and small business.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martyr:

I want to send a big thanks to Charles and Steve for making this game happen. I can hardly believe it!

Where were you when you first heard of CM? I think I saw a note on a newsgroup, back in the summer of '98, that there was a "computer conversion of ASL in the works" from a group affiliated with Avalon Hill. So much has changed since then, and all of it for the better. I remember the controversy about the first screen shots--obviously, BTS has the last laugh against the doubters!

Again, thanks, guys. I can't wait to see the real thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was such a long time ago I think for me it was through AH first talked about joining with another company to look into making what is now Combat Mission. I went to thier web site and now it is BTS who is going to publish it.

I hope Combat Mission is as succsefull for BTS as Panzer Blitz was for AH.

OK, so when is the patch going to be available?

I'll wanna get that ASAP so I can have it ready to go when I get my copy, probably early next week. biggrin.gif

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

Great news! Having the game will be the best part. The second best part may be that we won't have to read any more posts on the order of "So when will it ship?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the best part is not hearing the beta testers say "Well, I've been experimenting with.... ...Oh, that's not in the Beta Demo you've been playing."