CMSF 2 – US-SYRIA BETA AAR

52 minutes ago, IanL said:

I had not thought that far head. @Bil Hardenberger and I had not even decided on who was taking Red and who Blue.

How about I take the Canadians?

Sure Canadians would be interesting.. we haven't showed them off yet.  I took it as a given that I would take red based on the discussions we had about illustrating red abilities versus blue.

Bil

17 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I suspect the 'real world' intervened, as it unfortunately tends to,  combined with the saved game 'baking-in' earlier Beta equipment and models than the title has currently. Which made publically showing off the infantry problematic. Infantry is very much prettier currently than their baked-in savegame infantry showed, and infantry will eventually be even prettier than it is currently. ^_^

In the official screenshots for the game - is that final infantry graphics?

The official screenshots are 99%+ the final game. Of course the remaining 1% sticks out like a sore thumb. Steve's still sorting out kit placement (CMSF1 didn't have soldier kit tailored to their weapon). I think the AAR briefly had a shot of a combatant wearing a helmet, something that got fixed a few builds ago.

I heard from Baneman, turns out he was in the hospital (or "in hospital" as they say over the pond)... he is back and will be continuing the game for a few more turns at least.  So I will update this thread as I get turns, and also will be starting the new AAR with @IanL.

I'm just glad he is alright... but I hope the drugs don't give him super-human tactical powers.  

Bil

Edited by Bil Hardenberger

• 1 month later...