PC Gamer to Review CM

I talked to the wargame guy at PC gamer, and he told me this;

"Watch for the next issue, wherein I review CM with great enthusiasm.....I agree totally with your response to the game -- it is fresh, addictive, and very exciting."

PC Gamer is really the one publication I trust most for their reviews, and judging from what he said, I'm thinking that he will be giving CM something in the 90% range. While I don't make a habit of pedalling(sp?) other peoples publications, I do feel that the comming issue of PC Gamer will be worth the $8 canadian for the review. ($10 canadian if you get the addition with the CD). I am defenitly getting this one as soon as it hits the shelves. biggrin.gif

------------------

The worst part of any conflict is peacekeeping, it is the time when only one side may fire.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaffertape:

Thanks for the tip!

Their wargaming guy seems to have a lot on the ball - I've been waiting for him to notice Combat Mission. I guess he finally did.

GAFF<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It helps if you email him and let him know that SPWAW is NOT the best wargame of the year but CM is! (like I did and apparently Brethon did as well judging from his original post above) smile.gif (background, in the last issue of PC Gamer the wargaming guy called SPWAW the best wargame of the year and I took offense to that statement and sent him an email respectfully disagreeing with him).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I used to trust PC Gamer and Mr. Trotter with his wargame reviews but have since lost faith when they rated both CC III and IV in the 90+ %. Ironically, CC2 - the best game of the Close Combat series has the worst rating- go figure.

Ianc,

BTW - I've noticed that the "Review" section on the PC Gamer website doesn't have any of the reviews. It's been like that for some time. The links to reviews go to another web site - dailyradar.com which doesn't have the reviews that are published in PC Gamer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monkeybutt:

Sounds like he is talking about William Trotter.

-Monkeybutt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it wasn't Trotter. I don't recall his name right now. I had never seen it before.

Actually, it is William Trotter. I just got my subscription copy in the mail. He gives CM a 91%!

A small quote from the PC Gamer review. "Even in the space of a 2 page review, there is not enough room even to list - let alone describe - all the goodies packed into this outstanding game. Just go to www.battlefront.com and give 'em your $45. You will not be sorry."

John-SJ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Their wargaming guy seems to have a lot on the ball - I've been waiting for him to notice Combat Mission. I guess he finally did.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if you search through some back issues, you will find in the first paragraph of one of his columns that he was going devote his column to it, but it missed it's ship date, so he would do it sometime in early 2000. Well, mid-2000 is just as good for me biggrin.gif

------------------

The worst part of any conflict is peacekeeping, it is the time when only one side may fire.

[This message has been edited by Brethon (edited 07-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Who is this "wargame" guy you speak of? What is his name? There are actually more than one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill, if it hasn't changed (been a while since I read PC Gamer) his name is/was William R. Trotter, he writes their 'Desktop General' coloum, or did 8P.

Regards, John Waters

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John-SJ:

Actually, it is William Trotter. I just got my subscription copy in the mail. He gives CM a 91%!

John-SJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWSOME thats an Editors choice scoreing. Personaly I think the rateing is to low CM shoulda got higher 8).

Regards, John Waters

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Wait....soon, everbody will be playing CM and Steve and Charles will turn into John Romero.....I can see them giving their Ferrari away to the "Thrash," the winner of the first CM World Championship.....And then Stevie Case starts playing, to become the first CM champ-chick, and starts dating Steve and Charles...and... well, nevermind.

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil