Scenario: The King Copper Mines

/////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The King Copper Mines is a fictional scenario set in Africa and created by @MikeyD.  Two fictional third world counties fight over copper mines using Warsaw Pact equipment in a meeting engagement.  The scenario is 50 minutes long.  The conditions are Overcast, Hot, Wet, Wind heavy from the south, Civilian Density: Light.  Friendlies have one company of T-55 tanks, two platoons of BTR infantry, one F/O, two spies and two batteries of 122mm artillery.  The OpFor has approximately 10 T-55 tanks and 200 infantry.  I used MikeyD's African Mods while playing the scenario.  The mission starts at 0645hrs.  

King%20Copper%20Mine%20SitMap%20Setup_zp

2nd Platoon (BTR) will secure the mine complex which has buildings up to eight stories high.  The F/O will take position in the upper floors and report on OpFor activity.  2nd Tank Platoon (T-55s) will support 2nd Platoon BTR.

The remaining three platoons will, on order, move west from the assembly area to engage OpFor as the situation develops.

Edited by MOS:96B2P

Looking forward to trying this next.  Glad you posted the above as when I loaded it I wasn't sure which side I was to play.

Played the "King Copper Riots" scenario as the defender but wasn't too keen on it.  Are we supposed to play the rioting ("attacking") side in "Riots"?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SitMap 0656hrs

King%20Copper%20Mine%20SitMap%200656_zps

1) F/O Section arriving at the mine complex buildings.

King%20Copper%20Mine5_zpsvgvwpe4y.jpg

2) Spy sent out to recon the worker housing. 

King%20Copper%20Mine3_zpsc09o1aiu.jpg

3) OpFor T-55s and infantry observed west of the mine complex.

King%20Copper%20Mine1_zpsp8vxbbaa.jpg

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

And now the weather.....Outbreaks of high-explosive with scattered shrapnel are expected later this afternoon, with a storm of lead sweeping in from the south later.  ;)

You're very accurate for a weatherman.................. :)

I've not played it yet.....One of the big problems I'm having with older scenarios is that having worked on adapting the CM:A Herat map and more significantly converting part of LLF's mighty CM:SF Ramadi to my own Mosul, I now have zero tolerance for borked buildings, they massively effect how a battle plays out and utterly ruin otherwise rather lovely looking maps.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SitMap 0710hrs

King%20Copper%20Mine%20SitMap%200710_zps

King%20Copper%20Mine4_zpsvyrwnao2.jpg

1) 1st Platoon Mech. Infantry was ordered to secure the worker housing.  They proceeded a short distance in BTR-60s and then dismounted.

King%20Copper%20Mine7_zpsa5dvxuxc.jpg

2) 1st Platoon Mech. Infantry moving on foot to the worker housing.

King%20Copper%20Mine9_zpsq2iksirh.jpg

3) 2nd Platoon T-55 at the Mine Complex fires on OpFor T-55.

King%20Copper%20Mine8_zpsg5hrnly1.jpg

OpFor T-55 K-Kill.  

2 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I'm guessing unbuttoning gave you the drop on the enemy - my armour engagements mostly resulted in the opposite result in this one.

Yes.  Unbuttoned, stationary and keyhole.  The OpFor tank drove into the engagement area :).  I have also had some go the opposite direction.  Including the 2nd Platoon HQ tank :(.  

SitMap 0721hrs

King%20Copper%20Mine%20SitMap%200721_zps

King%20Copper%20Mine10_zpsluctw1oh.jpg

1)  Spot Report: OpFor Platoon, moving east, 200 meters west of the Mine Complex, Unit unknown, 0721hrs., T-72Ms. 

King%20Copper%20Mine11_zpsh2r2wkui.jpg

2)  HQ Tank of 2nd Platoon (T-55).

King%20Copper%20Mine12_zpsfzucxngp.jpg

3) In response to the appearance of the OpFor T-72 platoon, 3rd Platoon (T-55) was ordered forward on the friendly left flank to hull down positions along a road embankment.  The intent was to get flank shots at the OpFor T-72s advancing on the Mine Complex.  As 3rd Platoon arrived at the road embankment they discovered OpFor infantry and at least one tank on the west side of the embankment.   

Don't get me started about Red artillery.....Just had an allegedly competent Soviet spotter in CM:A call fire for effect on a mountaintop rather than the road in the valley he was actually aiming for!  :rolleyes:

Mind you.....When it lands on target it does the licks!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

///////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SitMap 0731hrs

King%20Copper%20Mine%20SitMap%200731_zps

King%20Copper%20Mine14_zpsfwpnklko.jpg

1) The firing line of 1st Platoon (T-55).

King%20Copper%20Mine15_zps4myk3bbw.jpg

2) Knocked out OpFor T-72.  I wish CMSF had hit decals.  I lost count of the amount of hits the T-72s took.  Two of them survived the battle (immobilized with major system damage). 

///////////////////////////////////////////////// SPOILER ALERT ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tactical Victory.  I wasn't sure about any type of victory with those T-72s in the A/O. 

King%20Copper%20Mine%20AAR_zps9tpttqzw.j

End of scenario map.

King%20Copper%20Mine%20AAR%20Map_zpsnrts

Nice change of pace scenario.  This African mod has a lot of potential. 

• 2 months later...

Awh, I'm all nostalgic now! ^_^

I haven't played this scenario, myself, since CMSF stopped working for me (for unknown reasons) after a computer upgrade. The coming CMSF2 game engine upgrade should bring everything back to life again for me (knock wood) with game engine V4 goodness and art updates making the fun even funner. I DO recall loving-loving-loving T55 slug-fests.