What would you play if CM didn't exist ?

dima

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a hard question. Currently, the only other game CDs that I have handy are Baldur's Gate II and Klingon Academy, but I definately play a LOT more of CM than I do the other two games combined. I'm away from home right now, down in bayou country and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. biggrin.gif

ASL aka Advanced Squad Leader. A squad level board game from Avalon Hill. Complex, very complex. I steal the line hehe biggrin.gif

OTOH, there are a number of screnaroes coverted from SL/ASL to CM, make sure to check out:

http://www.asl2cm.com

BTT, I was thinking playing Thief Gold/Thief 2. I finished Vampire and Dues Ex before CM comes in (thank god they are both excellent RPG in 2000 ). And now, we have BG2. So these games are not quite installed -- yet:

Heavy Metal FAKK 2

Half-life Counter-strike

Grand Prix 3

Flanker 2.03 patch

Rainbow 6 Rogue Spear Urban Ops

Championship Manager 3 00/01 season

Worse, these great things are coming:

No One Lives Forever

Starfleet Command 2: Empires at War

Harpoon IV

Oni

Rainbow Six Covert Ops Essential

Panzer Campaign 3 (added)

A permanent girlfriend -- at last.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again frown.gif

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 11-22-2000).]

It Has? Where? Where? I'll go look for it tomorrow. smile.gif

What else? BG II, Jagged Alliance (Unfinished Business coming soon); Hidden and Dangerous (good one, that. Buggy as hell though); homeworld; Deus Ex. That sort of stuff.

I open CM at least once a day, from the day I received it. Can't say that about any other game!

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Same things I play now: Rogue Spear/Urban Ops, guitar, and piano.

Kitty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, except no piano, guitar or piano.

I can't wait to get Covert Operations for RS:UO!

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Is there anything out there coming close to CM ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not close to CM, but:<ul>[*]Campaign series (West Front, East Front II, etc.)

[*]Battleground Series (Gettysburg, Waterloo, etc.)

[*]Steel Panthers World at War

[*]Space Empires IV

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbnAirCav:

Not close to CM, but:<ul><LI>Campaign series (West Front, East Front II, etc.)

<LI>Battleground Series (Gettysburg, Waterloo, etc.)

<LI>Steel Panthers World at War

<LI>Space Empires IV

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I think you may wish to try out HPS's Panzer Campaign series (quite close to the scale of West Front). The designer was the one for Talonsoft's Battleground series (sorry can't remember the name of that gentleman ). There is a quike take and an AAR on CGO.

BTW, there may be more of us here on board didn't get hit by CM accidentially. biggrin.gif

Griffin -- just awake from sleep...

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(