Where can I find the M8 howitzers and the priests ?

On November 20, 2016 at 9:11 AM, akd said:

Cavalry / Recce / Aufklärung formations tend to suffer in the QB roster's segregation of units by equipment into infantry-only, mech-only and armor-only choices.  Light tanks and tracked SP guns fall under armor-only, so are excluded from recon and other formations under mech-infantry. Of course this gets into many grey areas, and there are some inconsistencies here and there that have inadvertently excluded certain vehicles from the QB roster entirely (e.g. Light Tank Company not having its assault gun battery).

If that is the case, then it seems to me that Cavalry/Recce/Aufklärungen formations need a category of their own under QBs so that their true TO&Es can be represented. In fact, this is such a glaring omission that I have to wonder if BFC simply wasn't interested in the typical cav/recon missions during the war or felt that that mission could not have justice done to it at this level of combat.

Michael

akd,

Was unaware of the issue you raised about Cavalry / Recce / Aufklärung formations in a QB. Seems a rather glaring lacuna (not to be confused with a vicuna) for a high resolution sim with tons of research incorporated into it.

Michael Emrys,

Having read what you had to say regarding akd's trenchant observation, I must say I wholly agree with you. Also, I have the vague recollection/feeling such forces used to be in  CMx1, but then, if my memory is involved...

Regards,

John Kettler

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

So you are saying I need to buy the vehicle pack to use the m8 and priest in the games QB, when the vehicle pack has nothing to do with those 2 vehicles?

That's how it seems to me. Those vehicles were mistakenly moved to the vehicle pack when it was released.

I don't think BFC did this on purpose, but since they haven't fixed their mistake, the end result is that I bought a game that had these vehicles, and now they are gone.

So, BFC, if you are not giving the vehicles back, could I have a discount please?

M8 HMC issue has nothing to do with the Vehicle Pack.  The mech formations that hold most M8s reside under the mech infantry-only category for QBs which have all tracked armor stripped out, and the M8 was inadvertently removed from the one formation under armor-only that should have it (Light Tank Battalion).  The single vehicle list is drawn directly from the formations under a category, so if no formation has the vehicle, then it won't show up under single vehicles.

Priest issue (missing entirely in QBs, not just missing in June) is an apparent conflict between base game content and vehicle pack content that will simply have to be patched.  It is not clear at all if this is actually causing the crash issues described in the other thread, because as noted there, it happens in some non-armor QBs.  No one clarified in that thread whether the problem is exclusive to people without the VP.  If so, it may very well be related.  I'd be particularly interested to know if people without the VP have problems with engineer formations, since the VP adds flamethrowers to these base game units.

I assume buying the Vehicle Pack would rectify the missing Priests in QBs since I have VP and don't see the problem, but it is an issue that will patched regardless.

Edited by akd

9 minutes ago, akd said:

The mech formations that hold most M8s reside under the mech infantry-only category for QBs which have all tracked armor stripped out, and the M8 was inadvertently removed from the one formation under armor-only that should have it (Light Tank Battalion).

Am I wrong to assume that when selecting "mixed forces", the M8 HMC should appear both in the mechanized formations and in the light tank battalion?

All this reminds me of the last time I went down to my local burger joint. I ordered a bacon/cheese burger and it arrived smelling damn good. Then after I took the first bite, suddenly the waitress came down to the table with a fork and fished out the bacon, then put it on another customer's plate !

Highly surprised, I asked why she took away my bacon, and she said there had been a mistake in the kitchen; they would have to fry up some more bacon for me. But they didn't know how long it would take. Maybe a year. Maybe two years.

So, can I talk to the cook, I asked. No, said the waitress, but the cook sometimes spies on customers through that tiny peephole over there, eavesdropping on them, and if he feels like it, he may eventually decide to fry up some more bacon, she said. But there's only one cook working here, and lots of customers, so it might take some time.

Well, why don't you go out and ask him then, after all you're working here?

No, she said, I'm not really working here, I just volunteer in my spare time.

At this point, the guy who got my bacon chipped in: Well, they will just have to cook some more bacon I guess, but I personally don't see the problem. I bought the full meal version, and it comes with coke and fries and also bacon. If you buy some fries they will give you the bacon.

It's just 10 bucks extra.

:)

I reccomend searching in scenario editor, where they are not restricted as they are in QB: they're in game. One of the first-release missions in Road to Monteburg revolves around using a priest in a direct-fire role, if you need further proof. @akd has already addressed why its not showing up in QB as you would expect them to.

Excellent reminder of why I stopped regularly answering questions around here.  If having a single vehicle available in QBs is like the difference between a burger with or without bacon to you, then you should absolutely spend $10 on the Vehicle Pack right now.  I mean, what is the point of living even one more day taking a bite out of a burger without bacon? However, if like most people you realize that it is really more like the difference between a bun with 199 sesame seeds and a bun with 200 seeds on a burger loaded with bacon AND a fried egg AND guacamole, you might just wait for the next patch.  They tend to include fixes for small bugs both old and new.

*takes off apron*

BP, I would have simply stated that the burger that I got is not the burger that I ordered and demanded that they either provide the missing bacon or forget about getting paid. If they refused to provide the bacon (that cook sounds like a real prima donna), I would have stood up and walked out with my money in my pocket. And never gone back to that establishment.

Michael