Where can I find the M8 howitzers and the priests ?

I'm browsing through the options for setting up a quick battle, and I can't find the option to buy the 75mm M8 assault howitzer, nor the Priest anywhere. I read another thread that said the M8 is found in the Cavalry Squadron, but I can't find it there, despite trying various months.

The Priest is also absent.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so please tell me what it is :)

2 hours ago, JonS said:

the Priest is in the Self-Propelled Howitzer Battery, under Armor. Or as a single vehicle, also under Armor.

I don't have any such battery in my list, only these:

• Medium Tank Battalion
  • Medium Tank Battalion (mixed)
  • Light Tank Battalion
  • Tank Destroyer Battalion
  • Flail Company (which is empty, since I don't have the vehicle pack I guess)
  • Forward Observer Section

It's not under Single Vehicles either. I only have loads of various Shermans there, Stuarts, M10s, Halftracks, and Armored Utility Cars.

Edited by Bulletpoint

9 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

The Priest is also absent.

Jon is right about where to find the M7B1, except that I didn't see it listed as a single vehicle for the month of June, which seems odd. The M8 HMC appears to be completely missing, although I vaguely recall someone posting in months gone by about how to find it. I don't have all the modules for BN loaded on this computer yet, although I do have the vehicle pack.

Michael

7 hours ago, JonS said:

You may not have the right module.

Both vehicles are part of the base CMBN game; I've seen them in scenarios. There's one in The Road to Montebourg, and I've seen the M8 in a user-made scenario once. Just can't sem to find hem now.

2 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

The M8 HMC appears to be completely missing, although I vaguely recall someone posting in months gone by about how to find it.

I read in a thread that it should be in the cavalry squadrons. But I don't see it there,

Edited by Bulletpoint

As noted, the Priest is there except in June, which is probably a mistake that I will report.

IIRC the M8 HMC is presently not to be found anywhere in the QB unit editor but that will change in the near future. It will be in the Light Tank Battalion but not in the Cavalry Squadrons.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

3 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

As noted, the Priest is there except in June, which is probably a mistake that I will report.

I'm setting up a QB in September right now (type "mix", so there should be both infantry and armour available), and I'm positive there's no Priest when I select the "Armor only" tab and go to "Single vehicles".

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

the priest and m8 scott is missing from quick battles no way to get them until bf fixes. Evey one that thinks different is lying to ya.

M8 as mentioned above needs fixing in a patch - but Priest is readilly available from July – Sept in Amour / Single Vehicles force selection.

[2e59d0a537bde80c967be475ed2be54f]_cmfb-

Edited by Wicky

8 minutes ago, user1000 said:

bullet bf is aware of it as far as I know it is related to the quick battle crashes,

Thanks for the info. Quite sad to see that these bugs are nearly two years old now. Not much hope for CMBN when new patches break old stuff that is then never fixed, or maybe fixed after several years.

6 minutes ago, user1000 said:

It hasn't been a year yet.

Seems the thread you linked to was started 8th of March 2015? If so, we're about 3 months from the second anniversary of these bugs.

I have no ill will against BFC, but it seems to me they bit off way more than they can chew having so many game families, modules, packs, with their associated code bases and patch versions in play at the same time.

Edited by Bulletpoint

4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

And the reason for that is? BTW, just in case it might have escaped notice, the Cavalry Squadrons also had an organic company of light tanks.

Michael

Cavalry / Recce / Aufklärung formations tend to suffer in the QB roster's segregation of units by equipment into infantry-only, mech-only and armor-only choices.  Light tanks and tracked SP guns fall under armor-only, so are excluded from recon and other formations under mech-infantry. Of course this gets into many grey areas, and there are some inconsistencies here and there that have inadvertently excluded certain vehicles from the QB roster entirely (e.g. Light Tank Company not having its assault gun battery).

8 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Seems the thread you linked to was started 8th of March 2015? If so, we're about 3 months from the second anniversary of these bugs.

I have no ill will against BFC, but it seems to me they bit off way more than they can chew having so many game families, modules, packs, with their associated code bases and patch versions in play at the same time.

There may be several issues at play there.  Regarding the M7B1 Priest, I notice that in the QB roster its parent formation is flagged for Vehicle Pack dependency (press SPACEBAR in purchase screens to see dependencies), but of course has nothing in it unique to the VP.

1 minute ago, akd said:

(press SPACEBAR in purchase screens to see dependencies)

Thanks. Never knew this.

2 minutes ago, akd said:

Regarding the M7B1 Priest, I notice that in the QB roster its parent formation is flagged for Vehicle Pack dependency  but of course has nothing in it unique to the VP.

It seems it would be so simple to go into the code base and clear that little offending check box.  

The game also has a similar problems about scenarios, where some scenarios are flagged for Market Garden dependency, even though the scenarios were made years before Market Garden was released. You can start QBs on these maps, but when trying to load the following savegame, it gives you an error message in red letters that MG is required.

8 hours ago, akd said:

Cavalry / Recce / Aufklärung formations tend to suffer in the QB roster's segregation of units by equipment into infantry-only, mech-only and armor-only choices.  Light tanks and tracked SP guns fall under armor-only, so are excluded from recon and other formations under mech-infantry. Of course this gets into many grey areas, and there are some inconsistencies here and there that have inadvertently excluded certain vehicles from the QB roster entirely (e.g. Light Tank Company not having its assault gun battery).

There may be several issues at play there.  Regarding the M7B1 Priest, I notice that in the QB roster its parent formation is flagged for Vehicle Pack dependency (press SPACEBAR in purchase screens to see dependencies), but of course has nothing in it unique to the VP.

stating the obvious. We have already determined there was a mistake. QBs if the best part of the game for me and one of the best things about CMBN.

Edited by user1000

Bullpoint, That's because no one knew what was crashing the quick battles. Not enough enough people were doing tests. I was the first to find they were missing and I believe it was calling those missing vehicles such as priest and the m8 scott in the qb allied randomization which were not there causing the quick battle to hard crash to desktop. I could be entirely wrong and something else was/is causing the QB to crash and possible even another version like 3.11 or before that, but this is all what I have concluded with my many hours of studying the issue. Also I do not have access to the older versions to see at which version the trouble started.

Edited by user1000

I guess those who have the full roster are the ones who have the vehicle pack? In that case, they took out the priest and the M8 from the base game and moved them to the vehicle pack?

I don't mind that others can buy extra vehicles, that's great! But for BFC to take away the stuff that was in the base game.. is less great to put it nicely.