Did they do away with the crazy drm?

Sorry, but I can't relate...  Maybe it is because I have been buying and upgrading these games as soon as they come out (I have them all except CMFB, which I won't be getting), but I have never had issues making the download purchases /updates /modules, etc.and installing them with their DRM.

Perhaps now would be a good time for me knocking on wood.  :)

Edited by Blazing 88's

Drm is not going away. I wish it would too but it's not. You can find threads where people complain that the game is a terrible nightmare to play. You know that is not true. If you read the support forums here you will see that all drm issues have been resolved. If you are unlucky enough to hit a problem their support team will fix it.

Also what do you mean by the same drm? The one they are using now is not the same as the one from the CM1x games. It is not even the same from Shock Force.

Just to follow up a bit on what Ian just said - the security features that Battlefront uses has changed almost with every release.  The game's security is definitely not a static feature - which really wouldn't make much sense when dealing with computers.  The technology changes so rapidly that I would have to presume that the way content is secured must change just as rapidly in order to remain effective. 

2 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

Just to follow up a bit on what Ian just said - the security features that Battlefront uses has changed almost with every release.  The game's security is definitely not a static feature - which really wouldn't make much sense when dealing with computers.  The technology changes so rapidly that I would have to presume that the way content is secured must change just as rapidly in order to remain effective. 

It sounds like they've made changes to make it less draconian. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Johnlondon125 said:

It sounds like they've made changes to make it less draconian. Thank you!

I can't speak to how effective it is or how it interacts with various computer systems and set ups.  All I can say is that it changes all the time and it is likely that what is being used now is different than whatever was being used by whomever might have complained about it in the past. 

On 11/4/2016 at 10:00 PM, weapon2010 said:

DRM? what is that? dice roll modification?

On 11/5/2016 at 8:20 AM, Michael Emrys said:

Hah! That's exactly the same thought I had. I guess we are showing our ages.

:unsure:

Michael

There's this thing called Google...